Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    This kinda comment is why we should be able to give dislikes aswell as likes... this game has as much in common with gta as any other open world game... as in it is open world, and you need transportation for faster travelling...

BlindBison, cerebus23 and ShadowDuke like this.
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Or you can just reply. I was comparing the two in regards to how they were released at launch.

3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Only for a short while

4. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    glad they did not make most of the cars sound like vaccum cleaners, and as someone that walks a ton, cant wait till one runs over a blind person because they are really easy to miss listening for "cars".

really starting to irk me about the lack of vision modes, being witcher has low light potions and such the engine is fully capable of modes, couple this with vehicle headlight turning on randomly, during the day, and doing f all at night. driving some areas you might as well be blindfolded.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I don't see an issue here, V is just maximizing down force and reducing drag.

BlindBison, PhazDelta and Dragam1337 like this.
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I thought the head is missing..thats why he posted it? Or was this ironic @Corrupt^ :D

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    No head while riding a bike...well I have no hair when looking in a mirror but have hair when riding a bike.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Somehow i expected to be able to use a train, but if you happen to find a train station, reaching the enter door just send you to the fast travel screen.
    Lack of train and not being able to see Max-Tac and Trauma team flying next to me are really the three key points that bother me.

Btw, have you guys tried playing around with the "no AA, no TAA" mods? Just go to edit a config file.

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    If you used a Nexus mod for this game be careful, one had trojan virus. Sorry no link. Some cheat engine mod I think.

jura11 likes this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    No problem there learn my leason from skyrim, dont mod game till AFTER you beat (might of beat main store twice?, but the addons story i have not even touched yet) when i not playing skyrim i just check for mod updates ever week or 2 update forget about it again, t

that and fact i still dont have 2077 and wont for while it might 6month to year before i do if not longer

SameOldx2 likes this.
  13. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I read few comments on Nexus mods regarding that, someone packed there crypto miner inside that mod :rolleyes:

I don't use now any mod, will check few mods later on but now there is no point of that

Thanks, Jura

SameOldx2 likes this.
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  15. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Yes I agree with you there, 2-5FPS is pretty noteworthy, running mostly in 52-62FPS at 3440x1440, without the Reshade FPS will be in 56-66FPS for most of the time but doesn't look as good like with Reshade

I will check which one I use Reshade, I think I have used something from Nexus Mod and on top of that I use Nvidia filters, will post my settings

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

ScoobyDooby likes this.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    First impressions. Only put in about 10 hours, so bear with me.

Performance on a 2080 on 4k. No RT obviously, most settings adjusted following the game-debate settings benchmarks and get fps in 30s. Play is smooth though.
    Downscaled to 1080p am able to play the game with RT on ultra, but again fps in 30s and plays smooth as well. With DLSS on quality, it hits 60fps (vsync), but dont like the IQ of DLSS.
    RT ultra @ 1080p looks great, but prefer 4k without RT. I dont mind fps in 30s since play is smooth and far preferable to me than 60fps DLSS @ 1080p.

Game impressions: I feel its unpolished, esp with xbone controller, aiming is floaty and weird, hard to get precision. Have much better aim with controller in FPS games than in this RPG. Prefer not to use KB/m since controller allows me to sit more comfortably at slight distance away.

Menus/UI feel clumsy navigating, not designed as well as could be. Can easily see the Fallout influence. Dont like to pick up useless junk like ashtrays, which means I have to examine everything I pick up (unnecessary time wasting).

Combat not as satisfying as I would want, with enemies needing several headshots to bring down. But will see as things progress and what better weapons can do to unprotected heads.

Dialogue is cringy as hell. Reminds me of spaghetti westerns. :D

The game has potential, too early for me to judge, so first impressions only. Just wish it could be as polished as Shadow of the Tomb Raider with its exquisite controller precision and fluidity.

jbscotchman and XenthorX like this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I saw one stopped on the track, then I saw another moving and was like ohh ohh it's going to crash into the stopped one but it just went right through it and kept going it......

ghost train confirmed.

jbscotchman and XenthorX like this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    you can glitch throu most things at full speed. mid speed collision.

peds i think they got no physics at all or no ai for being flattened.

cars and bikes just barrel full tilt at a car and you go right clean through it. partially glitched into a wall with my bike going 190 into it dead stop 100% fine me and the bike took a bit to get turned around.

jbscotchman and KissSh0t like this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If you jump out of a car going full speed the car just stops and you just stand next to it like there was no speed at all.

Really wish it kept going and the player character tumbles across the floor lol.

jbscotchman and cerebus23 like this.
  20. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I tried to play with it for a bit, but it seems to blur the image quite a lot, actually even more than just using 1080p. The thing is, it plays beautifully at 1080p, but I really would need better GPU to get to 1140p or play at ~45fps, which is unplayable to me. Maybe some post processing AA would help here, although I'm really skeptical about the performance.

As far as SSR goes, it is really intensive setting, as it is controlling the resolution of reflections and lowering it is just adding a lot of noise/grain. It's really distracting to me, especially during daytime.

Turanis likes this.