New Mod for Cyberpunk 2077: Optimizes RAM buffer pools

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Games are way too complicated these days (development wise) and people also get upset with long development times.

If you want a game to be made for 7+ years before release where minimum 2 years is simply testing the games on numerous different types of systems, you can get your "play ready game"

Instead, games are generally made in 3 or less years with 6 months or less playing the final product on a small selection of configurations.

As much as people don't like it, it's either you send out a game with knowing there will be lots of bugs to fix due to not enough time to test and piss everyone off but get a finished product sooner (since there's much more "testers" then they could ever do behind the scenes) or make players wait what feels like way too long to try and get a perfected product out, pissing off players.

Either way, you piss off players.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    did you turn off async compute?

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Ok.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Plenty of things like this for games. CP2077 won't be the last

5. Slammy

Slammy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7800GTX
    So yet again, another sign of console-istis. Geez, CD project was supposed to a PC game developer primarily and it's obvious now that they shouldn't have even bothered with the older consoles to begin with.

6. mvdhoeven

mvdhoeven Guest

GPU:
    1080ti/11GB
    Placebo.

I've deleted the file and then started the game. Running 'fine', so the file isn't even accessed when starting the game...

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    #1 SMT functions with it enabled
    #2 Skipping "Breach" works with it enabled.

What's placebo is you thinking because you can delete it code wasn't injected into the game.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if you delete it, code isn't injected at all.

9. The size and complexity of games needs to grow only as fast as developer's tools, headcount and team management. CDPR hired a lot of new staff after the success of W3. They grew too quickly and did not manage to keep the high development standards. For me, the state of CP2077 shows terrible management failure, lack of direct responsibility of each part of code/design/graphics and also some obvious signs of complete burnout.

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Works a treat if you download the files that matches your system....in my case 32gig ram and 8vram

11. mvdhoeven

mvdhoeven Guest

GPU:
    1080ti/11GB
    Ok, put it back and ran a procmon monitoring the entire Cyberpunk installation folder.
    Still the file is not accessed at all during startup the game and loading my savegame.

So my conclusion remains: placebo

12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The memory pool fixes pop-in and janky NPCs, the game world is way more sturdy with it.
    That's my conclusion.
    [​IMG]

13. So funny(or sad?) to see how many people fell for this "memory pool" joke :) These "csv" files are not configs. These files are simple infos, generated during build.

HandR likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    except..... the debug menu works is visible and suddenly it doesn't crash on processors without avx.......

15. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    I think it gave me more stable FPS and I almost always get my 58 FPS limit in 4K with DLSS Performance on 3090 with RTX on Psycho and game on Ultra
    i didnt used no mods but manually added the RAM values, 24Gb for VRAM and 26GB for RAM

DannyD likes this.

16. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
    amd 3600 and a amd 590. this isnt the cpu fix (that does works btw cpu went from 30% usage to 60's and showing game using all threads.)...
    but the game wasnt using what ram resources it can. now its even smoother
    running 1080p some high and a lot ultra and hdr. only settings lowered to med is the cascade shadow resolution . and am seeing constant 40's and 50s fps. i was stuck low 30's dipping into 20's on high settings

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Actually I read it as they ran the game and deleted it afterwards.
    I mean otherwise I don't understand the point of thier post.

It is though because the changes its designed to make are changed. Such as what I said earlier.

18. Freitlein

Freitlein Member

GPU:
    VII
    rumor: because your product can appear much longer on the front page and in forum discussions every day ;)

19. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    For my system , it was worth it :D CaptureRANIT.PNG

20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Heck, these RAM budget settings seem to be too low even for base Xbox One/PS4 consoles. I wonder if changing them would help with those poorly performing console versions a little bit as well.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020