NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GuruKnight, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boosted.

2. trnapster

trnapster Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Can you post your profile for Tarkov?

3. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
  4. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Added some new SLI profiles, and also made other improvements to the spreadsheet.
    But as I already mentioned, this is just something I do from time to time now :)

5. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Included a few more SLI profiles and improved certain descriptions as well ;)

6. Barney Calhoun

Barney Calhoun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB
    Does anyone have compatibility bits for Colin McRae Rally 04? Can't get SGSSAA to work on this one.

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It doesn't need any. What it needs though is disabling full screen optimizations in the exe file properties. Any AA forced in the nvidia panel won't work otherwise.

(I'm playing CMR 2005, but I think it's the same engine so the same should apply to CMR 4.)

8. Barney Calhoun

Barney Calhoun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB
    CMR 2005 is working fine for me but I see shimmering on grass in CMR 04 (looks much worse in game because grass is moving):
    [​IMG]

Even CMR 2005 (2x SGSSAA ) has less shimmering than CMR 04 (4x SGSSAA). Disabling full screen optimizations didn't help either.

Btw, I'm using dgVoodoo and a modified exe to fix widescreen like in this video:

My settings:
    upload_2021-3-20_15-14-35.png
    upload_2021-3-20_15-13-14.png

I'm also using dgVoodoo for CMR 2.0 with the same settings and everything looks crisp.

9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
  10. Barney Calhoun

Barney Calhoun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I just installed it. SGSSAA works flawlessly. All shimmer is gone. Not sure if there's a difference in profile inspector between manually setting each AA option rather than using the "combined" setting, as I'm doing:

Screenshot (3).png

12. Barney Calhoun

Barney Calhoun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB
    What's your profile inspector version (I'm using 2.3.0.13 now)? I don't have the combined setting:
    upload_2021-3-20_23-26-29.png

I made a short video to show grass (4x SGSSAA, download the video to get full resolution):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZogxvmcOiONPh2IeFbcfAsUDCvDYbB_8/view?usp=sharing
    This is Spain Stage 1. Does it look the same to you? Maybe I'm just being too picky. :D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Same here. But you have to click the "show unknown settings" button that looks like a magnifying glass in the toolbar.

Also, make sure you "override", don't "enhance". And also make sure the in-game AA setting is OFF.

I... don't think I'm getting that shimmer here. Though I'm on a 1440p display, so maybe it's there but too small to notice :p

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  14. Barney Calhoun

Barney Calhoun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB
    I guess this might be it, my resolution is 1080p. I just forced 8xSGSSAA and it helped but my GTX 960M laptop can't handle that. :D

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I just tested at 1080p. Seems there's some shimmer, like in your case. Here's a video in the same spot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iPk-nZVq3X5tt0wYw1jWkeN6p6lJfs5J/view?usp=sharing

Looks like 1440p is the way to go :D Although unless you stop the car and look at grass waving, nobody ever is gonna notice that.

I suppose the reason is that 4xSGSSAA at 1440p results in a much higher sampling resolution compared to 4xSGSSAA at 1080p, given that 1440p has a 75% higher pixel count than 1080p.

Maybe you can use DSR on top of SGSSAA to get the same result? Like 3xDSR. If your GPU can handle that, that is. Or you can try disabling SGSSAA and instead use straight up 4xDSR with smoothing set to 0, and switch to normal MSAA.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021

16. lipil

lipil Guest

GPU:
    rtx2070s
    Hi guys! The profile settings in Asseto Corsa have flown, please tell me the correct settings for a good FPS? Now Lowing fps up to 40 frames in drift. Before the update of the game, the Asseto Corsa and the driver for the video cards were all stable. Now I used Sli compatibility bits (dx10 + dx11) 0x000040F5 but it doesn't help. sli broadcast (DX1x) 0x00000002

Can someone share their profile *.nip for NVIDIA Inspector?
    I can send my file.
    System: RTX 2070 Super x2 SLI (Triple screen every 4k)

17. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    Is this still being updated or should we just keep using the HBAO+ and anti-aliasing threads? It looks like the HBAO+ thread has quite a bit of new information in comparison to this one. And it's not even pinned like the anti-aliasing one...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    What causes this, and how do i get rid of it?

Schermopname (301) kopiƫren.jpg

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Carmagedon TDR 2000? last time i tried to get any of carmageddon games to run it didnt run or has issue running. granted that was probably over 2 decades ago.

Not entirely sure what is wrong in the image you have arrows point at though, also look like your running it in software mode?

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It's just 200% increased image size in photoshop.

The game might use aggressive lod bias, but nvidia inspector has no effect it seems.