Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I have noticed a quiet buzzing noise from my ps5 when spider man has any one else noticed this.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Games that had unlocked framerate, or were targeting 60fps, but ether did not manage it or lowered the resolution, now are running at full res and 60fps. For example God of War, Sekiro or Dark Souls 3, were targeting 60fps, but were more into the 40-50fps most of the time. Now they run a stable 60fps. Have not tried Nioh, but my guess is that the performance mode will now run a stable 60fps without the need to drop the res. Other games like Horizon Zero Dawn are locked at 30fps and will run the same on the PS5 unless patched. Also loading times improved across the board.

Currently I’m playing God of War and it is running buttery smooth at 60fps. Next I’ll probably play Nier Automata, that had real bad framerate/resolution scaling on the PS4, but should be great on the PS5. Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima too, as patched for the PS5 and running at 60fps.

Haven’t noticed any buzzing on mine. Apart from coil whine, I’ve seen that there are two different fans put into the consoles and one is louder than the other and produces slight buzzing when at full speed. Also there were cases where a loose sticker is catching on the fan.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^You're joking, the whole two different fan thing again, this is the very thing that caused the Pro issues with excessive fan noise last time, why don't they all have the same quiet fan in them, i don't get it. :confused:

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Saw it somewhere on Youtube, but it was a French site that received one for review and bought another and they had slightly different fans in them, so one was noisier than the other. Pretty lame..
    PS5-Two-Fans.jpg

XP-200 likes this.
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yay, why use the same fan in all system when you can use 2 diffrent ones where one is louder then other, Sony claim they learned there lesson, yet still went with 2 diffrent brands for fans in the system... I refused to believe sony is this stupid
    it thos images are true it looks like they went with very same 2 brands again this time.

and even more yay to coil while you said you hear... tell me it is atlest no where as bad as it can get in some pro games., the worse i heard came from MGS:TPP and Battfield games. to point it was way more annoying then any fan noise. which why I never kept the pro even after trying every model, cause they all sufffer from it

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Spider man miles moralis now has a 60fps and rt mode combined.

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:

70 games out next year

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    and next year it might actual be attainable :rolleyes:

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    If it even exists at all...

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

Well bestbuy supposedly had supplies today so did walmart, never saw add to cart on bestbuy but saw it on Walmart just for it said not add to cart item not available not even 5 seconds after it was up, I want cause i get get soon as i can get it i be eh I wait till revisisons have bigger storage haha

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Probably only available in bigger stores like Walmart due to covid and scams.

13. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    70 games next year. Guarantee at least half of them, 35, are delayed beyond 2022. Fool me once..

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Only noise I notice with my PS5 is when my disc decides to randomly spin during a game. Miles Morales did this. I'd play fine for an hour and then my disc would spin for 10 minutes and stop for no reason. Beat the game so can't say if they've fixed that as everything else I've been playing is digital.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    All these graphical options are great for Guru's, but for anyone else it's going to be confusing. What happens when you run the games @ 1080p instead of 4k?

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Console can no longer guarretee the same experince for everyone now that there going down then this "upgraded" verison of consoles mid gen

There should be 2 targets 1080p@60 and 4K @60 and there all consoles should have the same hardware specs be it sony or ms

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060

HCG has CP2077 on ps5 btw.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Sony has removed Cyberpunk from the PSN store. Offering refunds.

"In an unprecedented and frankly mind-blowing move, Sony has removed Cyberpunk 2077 for sale from the PlayStation Store until further notice. The company said that it “strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction” and that it will offer refunds to anyone who purchased the open world RPG from the PS Store if requested."

Source. PushSquare website.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Returnal. (skip to 4 mins in the video) Looks pretty cool.