CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I don't know why you actually bother. I play on the highest difficulty and have invested points pretty munch into everything. It's still really easy to shoot your way through. The only specific build I would need is to play with only melee weapons, as you just die to easily, but there seem to be perks that would mitigate it. Maybe they should at least revise some requirements for guns. A few of them have requirement for body, mostly LMG and a few sniper rifles, but all pistols seem to be without them and those pistols are as good as everything else.

The only reason why I would consider rerolling is to change the appearance, but since you don't see yourself in conversations, I don't think it matters either.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Are there no ways to change the characters appearance after creating the character?

I thought that was one of the touted features, like.... you can switch out body parts and make yourself look like anything.

One of my gripes with the character creator is how awful lipstick on lips are, which I'm sure to others seems like a stupid thing to be annoyed at... it's just, it's 2020 why can't they make nice looking lips.

Or even the characters body shape as a whole, why can't we make the character have a different shaped body, seems the only thing you can change about the body is penis or vagina.... like wow that's so amazing I can change the thing that I don't care about... even the breast selection is small / large... and large is basically a c cup, I know another stupid thing to be annoyed at but I mean it says the word large.....

Can we change the hair?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    @KissSh0t yea I always assumed changing hair styles, tattoos, and physical appearance, etc were core elements of the game. Guess not.

KissSh0t and cerebus23 like this.
  4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    i've since got HAGS enabled for general system performance since playing last and game seems to run well with it.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    even witcher 3 you could shave and change geralts hair, they made a big deal of it, and you cant even cut fade change your hair style at a barber? that is beyond wierd and little wonder people assumed you could get a hair cut and the rest likely. would have given some more city poi as well.

my head got shaved and i been bald for a bit but i got a bandana that i wanted to wear and my hair grew back to my starting dew (bug i assume). bet it could be modded or a cheat table function to swap the hair.

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    One of the larger gripes that people have about this game that I've read, and honestly its a valid one. Even in W3 you could change your hairstyle at the barber.. for there to not be a way to adjust your avatar's appearance other than the gear you equip is pretty stupid, especially in a game like this. The amount of character customization is also pretty weak imo.. hopefully its all stuff that can be added later.

Gandul and The Phoenix like this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lest the hackers are on it.

anyone able to locate the character customizer attributes and add them to a table? I've been fiddling around with it myself, but ran into a wall. Changing values in the character customizer seems to call a handler function that's located at 7FF79BBF5BB0, and the values are written out with a tiny function at 7FF79BC02040. I've not been able to reliably track down the location of the structure that stores a players appearance, and changing values found using the unknown initial value method doesn't do anything, they are presumably written from elsewhere. I'll attach a table with the AOB scan for both above mentioned functions in case they're not in the same places on other versions.

8. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    So i wanted to make a screenshot of my V getting out of her car. Guess what - it seems when you're in the middle of a scripted animation the screenshot key doesnt work. How gay is that? :(

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Do you have a controller to try with that? it's just both analog sticks clicked at same time.

--

Is Acid rain in the game?

I remember reading about it earlier this year but so far I haven't seen it in game.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I haven't noticed it rain much at all actually. Saw a pretty cool looking sand storm while doing a mission with Panam, been spending a lot of time with her the last couple days tryin to tap dat ass. I think I'm getting close, but she is definitely playing hard to get. :p

Also a little trick I learned by accident, you can just double tap the V key to have whatever your last vehicle was appear a lot quicker.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    tons of rain heck the streets in my game are near always wet.

but no toxic rain and i been all over the map.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    No need to use gay as a negative pejorative, not nice :)

13. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    True. Sorry for that.

Grimbarian and fantaskarsef like this.
  14. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    The appearance change really does seem like an unfinished feature. Although, it probably would have some restriction anyway, since your gender (body and voice option) does change who you can bang in the game.

15. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Getting low FPS whenever V drives, i get around 10-20 fps on high settings with DLSS set to quality.
    Otherwise hitting a solid 40-50 fps avg when not driving, is there anything i can disable or enable?
    Checked all my settings in the Geforce app.

Great game but horrible optimisation :(

CPU: 4790K
    GPU: 3060Ti
    Monitor: 3440x1440

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Just walk up to a mirror. :D

Because bugs, regularly I'm missing hair and / or hats etc. in those. Just one of those bugs. As well as the different facial expressions... not being different at all, if that option actually does something (it looks like it does so little to change the expression that I have a hard time noticing a difference).

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Same issue here, turning down the population density to medium helped me out quite a bit.

TekkMarine likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Hair is there for me, but it looks strange and grainy.

--

@TekkMarine Screen Space Reflections Quality, off... helped for me.

And I think Contact Shadows off helped a bit... can't remember for sure.

*edit*

I also did this tweak, in the game folder.

Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config

Is the file memory_pool_budgets.csv

Open that and for PC change PoolCPU & PoolGPU to better match with your machines hardware memory amount.

So for example I have 8GB or ram and 4GB video card so to be safe I set my PoolCPU to 6500MB & Pool GPU to 4GB

After change make folder read only.

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef and DannyD like this.
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Sadly you are quite cpu limited with a 4c/8t cpu in this game, which is the most obvious while driving, and as @jbscotchman said, the only thing that really helps is turning down population density - possibly even to low.

TekkMarine likes this.
  20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Turning off screenspace reflections more or less only helps with a gpu bottleneck, not with a cpu bottleneck, which @TekkMarine has. Lowering shadows can help a bit with cpu though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.