NVIDIA Geforce 460.89 Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Default Nvidia optimal

2. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Sometimes if you watch it carefully it looks like screen tearing when it flickers. It's so fast when you see it but still annoying when watch Youtube or anything video related.

3. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Exactly.

I've reduced my refresh rate to 120hz as a temporary fix.

4. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Geforce Experience - Game not supported to use this feature (Filters) - CyberPunk

Gandul likes this.

5. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Cyperpunk 2077 quit launching, crashes right at the first intro screen after this driver install, 2080Ti. I did a system restore to the point right before the driver upgrade and it's working again. Not sure what caused it specifically but it was definitely related to this latest driver. CAUTION if you have Cyberpunk 2077.

Gandul likes this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and the rest of your system and what you have running on it?

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its bloody annoying, they reintroduce whatever the issue is with every mid monthly security cumulative so far and then resolve it in the end of month cumulative.

8. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    This has been fixed without even reporting, another post of mine was addressed as a can't be fixed issue, someone is reading the posts here, Kudos for NVIDIA!

I hope they stop copying the library _nvtopps.dll to unsupported GPUs, as every time the service NVIDIA Display Container LS will start it will report not supported GPU

Someone claimed it doesn't keep logging unsupported GPU, but in my laptop every time the service will start it will test and report not supported GPU

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  9. greghostor

greghostor New Member

GPU:
    RTX 9080 Ti Super
    Cyberpunk not working

Gandul likes this.
  10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'm totally skipping till performance uplift driver also not updating Cyberpunk as they'll preobably nerf it. (Wish they'd upgrade the AI).

11. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Yeah. What's also odd is that it only ever happens on on computer in the household here (my laptop) while the other computers never have issues with it, even with all the same Windows Updates installed, so there must be something configuration specific going on as well.

12. Spookyy

Spookyy New Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Cyberpunk working fine here: 2070 Super with AMD 3900X. Not using any raycrap tho.

13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Did you use Raycrap in Control?

14. Spookyy

Spookyy New Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    No.

DannyD likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    just ignore anyone that drops a this or that is crashing and doesn't even have the courtesy to list their specs.

16. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    @Astyanax Looks like these drivers fix the split screen issue on reboot. Early days but I have rebooted twice and I have not needed to disable instant game response on the TV.

Or since I upgraded the TV firmware last friday, driver install might have detected some different config on the TV HDMI info ?

Update - Now the PC is having the black screen signal loss issue lol. It was caused by windows smart screen asking me if I wanted to run the quake 2 1.4 patch. Again disabling and enabling game response on the TV to recover the signal.

17. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Crash to desktop with this driver on Cyperpunk 2077 :(:mad:

Gandul likes this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I need a crash dump to identify whats up with this, the driver is working fine for most on Turing 16 and 20 parts, theres ever chance its specific to certain utilities or or overlays, or even GFE.

19. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I haven't been able to get it back into Accurate mode once it switched to Enhanced from fiddling with the NVCP settings in the previous drivers. Setting NVCP back to defaults and reloading the icc profile was not enough to restore Accurate mode. Loading these new drivers didn't get it back again either.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ignore it, so long as all the sliders below it are at their defaults, its basically running accurate just with the wrong name.