CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @syklonis so Marty's RT shader works fine with CP2077? I was thinking about subbing to his Patreon account, but seeing his last update was more than 1 month old I was unsure if he still work on it.

2. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    Well actually I cant get it to work. It turns on looks great, then bam I keep crashing. This is with RTX on or off. So not sure why its crashing on me...

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Ohh bummer, so did he still work on his shader at all?

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Gameplay is stellar imo. Perhaps not as compelling as tw3 (which is GOAT imo), but still very good.

5. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    He's still working on it. For me using reshade the game just takes too much of a hit. Maybe down the line when cdred gets the game working better; but for now, I'll have to stick with game options. Too bad too as MXAO looks way better than the games ambient occlusion.

Gandul and SpajdrEX like this.
  6. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Indeed, though to RTX's credit its correctly casting a reflection from the lamp itself on the wall which RTGI isn't. Thanks for doing that :) I'd imagine an ideal setup may be RTX for reflections and some GI + RTGI for more GI and AO. Reducing some of the in-game AO + disabling other RTX features may yield a good balance for performance/visuals.

His latest update was 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, so this is the thing I didn't mention in my post :) You need to select the correct depth buffer first under the DX12 tab, which is standard with Reshade anyway for any depth-based effects. Usually though Reshade remembers this for future, but CP2077 is randomly freaking the depth buffer all over the place when it launches, which I've not seen before (what is it with this engine?) and Reshade can't tag it seems. So you need to re-select the depth buffer again each time you play. I'm sure this will be fixed in a future Reshade update. However, I also found if you choose the wrong depth buffer while RTGI is loaded it will crash. The solution I found was to select the DisplayDepth shader (which is best for selecting the correct depth buffer anyway), choose the depth buffer, then enable RTGI.

Valken and SpajdrEX like this.
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    This helped a bit for my old hardware. RAM usuage is higher now and for my vram, it was already at ~98%. Tho PoolFlexible ; -1
    (; -1 - Pool does not exist on the current platform) Does it mean its just not flexible?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    pharma likes this.
  8. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Agreed. People should just enjoy the game graphics based on their personal preferences and how they want to visualize the experience.

coc and Passus like this.
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    This game is just incredible, and "side jobs" are as good if not better than the main story at times. Incredible.
    What a great video game achievement. I can see a lot of content being added to Night City over the years, we barely scratched the surface of the depth this city has. I completed the main quest and side jobs and there's still a ton of incredible spot in the city i haven't checked.

pharma, coc, cerebus23 and 3 others like this.
  10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You mean the sidejobs from fixers? They are plain,..if you did a lot of them already...almost always the same, some differs, yes, but not much. Mainstory in compairison is great, in presenation, etc. Sidejobs on the other hand is always the same "script". Nothing compared to Witcher 3 Sidequests. :D

XenthorX likes this.

11. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    I cant put mod on any weapon??
    No slot...

[​IMG]

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The game is made to be played on a rtx card clearly...

13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Or 2nd gen amd rt cards.

14. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    DLSS looks sh1t for me, I hate DLSS in any kind, but playing game without the DLSS is impossible with reasonable framerates

Reshade and sharpening helps a bit although Reshade can cost you 5-8FPS

Didn't have single crash to the date, running +100MHz on core with +1295MHz on VRAM, GPU usage in most the game is in 95-97%, just hitting power limit for most of the time

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Dragam1337 likes this.
  15. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Will check again Reshade RT implementation and see if there is any difference

If I'm disappointed or happy with game, hard to say, I would say I expected bit more

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    There are only mod slots on rare weapons... 2 on epic and 3 on legendary.

angelgraves13 and doktor1 like this.
  17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I mean the whole Judy, Rogue, Mayor, Panam, Lizzy Wizzy, Johnny Silverhand/Samurai band side missions you can do but are not mandatory at all. Loved them all.

What i find is a bit of a shame is that despite the original teaser for the game featuring the Max-Tac you barely see and get involved with them (can't even get their fancy looking green-nightlight vision headpiece as far as i know).
    Same goes with the Trauma team: aside the intro mission and seeing some landed trauma team on the ground you don't get involved with them for the rest of the game.

18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I believe if you get max wanted level, you get max-tac sent for you, but im not certain.

Btw im curious, i remember we spoke about being in nearly identical situations in terms of upgrading before buying the 3090 - are you pleased you decided to hold onto the cpu and get a 3090 ? :)

XenthorX likes this.
  19. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    If your serious buy/donate the GI shader pack and give it to someone in this thread with a big boi GPU simple as that.

20. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Currently only if you want to use ray tracing ... turning it off will play like any other non-rt game available.

Soon rt should be available on all GPU's once patches are available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.