CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    butt hurt now? just give it a rest, with all due respect go play a game or eat some excrement .. either way

2. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    [​IMG]
    All those shots were taken with SSR on (Ultra-profile in-game). I wanted to compare the very best of how CP2077 could look all by itself, and how it could look on those settings with RTGI added. I actually wouldn't run it that way because a) you can probably turn some settings down while using RTGI, like some GI and AO values to claw back performance and b) I only have a humble 1080Ti, so I definitely can't run the game on Ultra! After seeing how it performs, I'm going to wait until I get a new GPU. That said, in terms of FPS hit walking around the Corp area the start with Ultra-everything my FPS was around 43 in that area in the first pics, and with RTGI enabled it dropped to 33. Turning everything to Medium preset, it went from 60 to 44 with RTGI enabled. A 2-series and certainly 3-series card will likely get away with much more.

Here is another shot of the lamp at the start of Corpo -- if anyone has an RTX card, I would love to see this same angle with full RTX features enabled to compare!

Ultra Preset no RTX
    [​IMG]

Ultra Preset no RTX with RTGI
    [​IMG]

Juxtaposition sliding comparison:
    https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=7c593a10-3e05-11eb-83c8-ebb5d6f907df

It's pretty amazing considering this is all shader based, and RTX depends on hardware.

Valken likes this.
  3. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Another constructive post from you. With all due respect, I'm not the one who should feel butt hurt.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Again you have no proof of what is what, so you could say i was wrong regardless of what i replied.

I bought a 3090 because it is technically the superior product for 4k gaming. If i had the to option to have 20% more rasterization performance with no rt cores, i would have taken it. I have stated this maaaaany times on this site, feel free to look it up.

5. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I don't need proof. I know it because I took those screenshot. :)

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    So we are back to "just take my word for it" - which i'm not doing with you, or anyone else. Proof or bust.

Not supplying proof of your claims is basically the same as saying your claims aren't valid.

7. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Not at all.
    My point from the beginning was:

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I get that differences can be tough to see when comparing seperate images, so i made a gif where i zoomed in so much so that even the most nearsighted person in the world ought to be able to tell the difference.

[​IMG]

Are you going to tell me with a straight face that raytracing + dlss image isn't more blurry than native ?

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    pharma likes this.
  10. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    You can't be serious comparing screenshots for clarity (resolution) like that. Compression artifacts are everywhere.

Gandul, pharma and MerolaC like this.

11. nikobellic

nikobellic Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 480 8GB OC
    Or upload the images to imgur then use https://juxtapose.knightlab.com/

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    There s a nice performance guide on youtube that advises to keep the raytraced lighting on and toggle off the raytraced reflections and the game would still look good

13. nikobellic

nikobellic Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 480 8GB OC
    Valken, Dragam1337 and MerolaC like this.
  14. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Tried the RAM and Ryzen CPU fixes posted here a few pages back. Zero difference with any of those.

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Ooops.
    I got confused with the file names.
    Yeah, they are inverted.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Valken likes this.
  17. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    @Martigen your image compared to mine
    [​IMG]

Here is my direct screenshot 1440P/DLSS quality, everything maxed(everything) including RTX all on all psycho or whatever it is, my game is maxed...and yeah looks like Martys shader really looks a bit better imo. Note how the lamp is floating which under the reshade shaders, actaually adds in a drop shadow
    [​IMG]

Valken likes this.
  18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    It´s cool that CDR are aware of all the problems with Cyberpunk and are willing to refund everyone who wants to, but they can´t pretend that now showing the game on last gen consoles was not intentional... They didn´t show the game on purpose so they could rack all the pre orders, knowing that there are lots of people who aren´t going to bother to refund the game... Lame move.

Let´s hope they can fix this mess.

19. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  20. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    not complaining but the topic became too much of an RTX\RT\screenshots. i almost feel left-out with my poor poor 1070GTX :)

this game is really nice to look at. just give it a couple of patches.. same shi* happened with TW3 and most issues with blurry things and those type of issues were fixed. im more interested in the quests, narrative, writing.. how is it compared to TW3 ? side missions are as good ? how is the rpg system ?

pharma, ShadowDuke and cerebus23 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.