CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Not much you can do at 3440x1440 with a 1080 ti, aside of lowering render res.

ScoobyDooby likes this.
  2. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Definitely on.
    RT makes a big difference in this game, IMHO.
    Just like Control did, RT reflection setting (if enabled) overrides SSR.
    Three screenshots (all maxed out) with:
    1. No SSR + No RT Reflections
    2. SSR at Phycho (RT Reflection disabled)
    3. RT Reflection enabled (SSR disabled)

The difference is greater in motion.

1. No SSR + No RT Reflections
    [​IMG]

2. SSR at Phycho (RT Reflection disabled)
    [​IMG]

3. RT Reflection enabled (SSR disabled)
    [​IMG]

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Lighting there does hands down look alot better with raytracing. But you didnt adjust for framerate - aka removing dlss when not using raytracing. Not using dlss gives a pretty big bump to image clarity and detail, and i personally HATE a blurry picture... image clarity (nearly) above everything else. Hell, that's why i'm running 4k in the first place.

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    To be clear, I don't think it's a gimmick, but I think current tech still isn't ready for it, framerate impact is still substantial.

But that happens with anything really new. I remember when back in the day Antialiasing was new and had a big fps impact. Fast forward to today and we literally have games releasing where we can't disable (or at least not with normal settings ingame) AA and it has a very minor impact on performance.

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I haven't bought this game yet but I plan on doing so next year after all the bugs and glitches have been fixed and I've updated to a new rig.

That said, I'm disappointed that Red Engine 4.0 used in CBP 2077 still has such shitty memory management. For such a big, detailed open world game, CBP 2077 apparently has even worse memory management than the Witcher 3. But while the Witcher 3's medieval setting helped to disguise the engine's poor memory management, CBP 2077's futuristic urban setting has exacerbated it due to having far more geometry, meshes and textures to stream.

As I prophesized many pages ago (doesn't take a Nostradamus to be honest), the last gen consoles would get raped by this game and sure enough, that's exactly what has happened :D

Luckily for us PC gamers there are workarounds however. Saw this post on Reddit, and I figured it might help to improve performance for you guys. Don't say I've never given you anything!

Hey CD Projekt Red, I think you shipped the wrong config on PC. Here's a guide that shows you how to "unlock" Cyberpunk for possibly massive performance improvements. : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)

Valken likes this.
  8. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    DLSS is at Balanced, BTW.

From what I've seen,
    just like Wolfenstein Youngblood and Control, you get more details from DLSS. It also eliminates shimmering and TAA artifacts present in native resolution.
    I see no reason to insist on native resolution.

DocStr4ngelove, pharma and Gandul like this.
  9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Thanks for the responses above fellas!

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Honestly though, support for the old consoles should just have been dropped. They are ANCIENT, and even had sh1tty cpus at launch 7 years ago, so obviously they were never going to run a title like this properly. Game runs as expected on the new consoles, and any modern system tbh.

Passus, Elder III and The Phoenix like this.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It does the exact opposite. I reckon you should actually try running it at native res - or even just look at my screenshots - it's painfully obvious.

12. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra

(removed obnoxious oversized red link)

That "fix" "hack" "edit" doesn't do anything. You could replace that entire file with the instructions to Connect Four and the game will run exactly the same way as it did before.

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    On the reddit thread lots of users are reporting significant improvements, so it can't all be due to placebo effect.

14. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I guess we have to agree to disagree.
    Digital Foundry just uploaded PC analysis. They seem to agree that DLSS improves image quality over native.

pharma and Gandul like this.
  15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    From a performance perspective this is true, but from a financial perspective they would be missing out on a massive user base if they dropped support for the last gen consoles.

To give CDPR credit though, at least they didn't downgrade the game to get it to run better on the last gen consoles like what they did with the Witcher 3. They stuck to their guns this time.

I also predicted that as well. It didn't make sense for them to downgrade CBP 2077 due to the impending release of the PS5 and XSX.

16. Why would you spoil them the fun of "discovery", if it makes them feel better. The game has enough problems on its own :)

17. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
  18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That's good man! lol

MaXThReAT likes this.
  19. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I wish I can even play this game (CPU OK, RAM OK, GPU NO-K!). Not going to pay 480 USD minimum for the cheapest 3060Ti here just to play this game!

It seems the SSR looks sharper than RT ON.

They should enable SSR with RT GI only, not RT Reflections, and cover current screen space only to boost performance.

Does anyone have the RESHADE RT GI shader? If so, can you enable it with RESHADE RT GI ON, Ingame SSR ON and Ingame RT OFF? I want to see the performance HIT vs fidelity!

20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    The game has already its in-engine GI rendering solution, when rt is not activated. I think you would make it unnecessarily heavy by throwing in martin mcfly's gi reshade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.