CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    One bug that I'm noticing with 1.04 that was not showing in 1.03 is the weapon reload animation being bugged sometimes, reloading without the animation actually playing.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Gandul

Gandul Member

GPU:
    DUKE RTX 2080 Ti
    I've had the same problem and I suspect that RT might not even be enabled ( From a visual standpoint, because engine wise my FPS plummets ) correctly for some of us. Another issue to add to the long list of bugs...

3. I've actually stopped playing at some point in ACT2. Too many bugs for my taste. I've had zero crashes so far, but a lot of more or less severe gameplay and visual bugs + performance issues at some places.
    I mean, the game is good... or it would be. I don't want to spoil my experience so I've decided to wait.

Gandul likes this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

Game ruined, can't continue....

5. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I started counting the grass straws in front of Judy's appartement since and i think latest patches deleted some to save some fps. The game is not getting optimized, they're just deleting world detail i tell ya!!! ;)

6. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    The only difference I can really see with RTX on is the glass detail reflections and the level of detail on the diamond plate floor. Otherwise they look the same to me.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    And that's why RTX is still a long ways of from being mainstream. I don't even care, I just wanted MOAR FPS!! when I bought this card.

Turanis likes this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Careful my dude Nvidia might try to cancel you for speaking i'll of the second coming of Christ...........*cough*........... I mean raytracing.

Passus, nikobellic, styckx and 2 others like this.
  9. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The more RTX is exposed as a gimmicky performance fraud the more it's becoming PhysX bigger and uglier brother.

Turanis, Passus and Dragam1337 like this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nvidia is trying everything not letting that happen. They bank on it.

11. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    There is no way they're getting around it.. It has all the hallmarks of PhysX.. Looks pretty, but not detrimental to gameplay and eats resources like lunch. PhysX didn't become acceptable to turn on until at least two generations of cards later and by then.. It was dead..

12. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    RT isn't a gimmick, not with AMD jumping onboard, but it's obvious hardware isn't ready for it. Nvidia pushed it too early, but needed something new to market. Remember hardware T&L? Took a while for that, too.

Gandul and Corrupt^ like this.
  13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Just like "PhysX" by the time RTX can run decently for common folk, a more open, resource friendly and non-hancuffed technique will supersede it. Nvidia can make some great hardware but their proprietary crap reminds me of Google.. Just throw anything at the wall and hope it sticks, and when it doesn't pretend it never existed.

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The car I was missing suddenly reappeared so that's cool. I know I'm giving this game a hard time, but I have high expectations for CD Projekt RED. I really am enjoying the game and the further I get and learn (because it does have a high learning curve imo) the more I am respecting it. I know all these bugs are gonna be fixed over time, but no company should be free of criticism. I'm 15 hours in and just now feel like I'm really getting into the meat of it. Some of the conversations I've encountered with NPC's have really hit close to home, it's great writing.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

16. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    anyone else got artefacting or even missing SSR (screen space reflections) ?
    i tried new driver, reinstall of teh game and mostly all i can think of..

this is what i mean:

first Pic shows teh artefacting in teh top right corner for example. No matter if i set it to LOW or even Psycho..
    second Pic shows with SSR - OFF

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it kinda also looks like with SSR - ON, the reflections are gone, lol...
    anyone else can test this or is having teh same issue?

Thanks ..

Gandul likes this.
  17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    What's proprietary about ray tracing?

TheSissyOfFremont likes this.
  18. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    You don't notice how the crowd in the bottom of the screen is properly lit with RT. And the over bright fish reflection, notice how it's green on the bottom of the screen.

19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    can any kind soul playing on a 1080ti provide me some insight into how your game is set up? I have the game-ready driver installed and have a decent OC on my GPU and my CPU is clocked at 4.8 on all cores.

Standing outside Lizzi's bar I'm hovering at 48fps in UW with the medium setting and all the dx12 features turned off and 90 FOV. Wondering what I could turn lower or adjust in the config to get more FPS.
    My next thought was resolution scaling to 90 to see if that helps to kick it up a notch, but open to other suggestions / configuration tips until I install the 3080

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    There deffo are differences with raytracing on/off... it just isn't clear cut better imo... image is much blurrier and less detailed, but lighting is more accurate - when outside ! Inside it often becomes too bright with raytracing, removing much of the atmosphere.

RT / DLSS off

[​IMG]

RT / DLSS on

[​IMG]

RT / DLSS off

[​IMG]

RT / DLSS on

[​IMG]

I am constantly turning raytracing on and off, cause i can't decide what i prefer... it is hit and miss imo.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    jura11 and fantaskarsef like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.