The RTX 2080Ti thread (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I'm not selling my RTX 2080Ti's any time soon they will be used for rendering or in worse case, I will put them to good use in some build ls which I'm planning

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

2. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Palit GP 2080ti
    One of the best cards I ever had. Bought it at a high price but lasted a little over 2 years. Just sold it used for almost half the value of the EVGA 3080 XC3 I bought.
    Great card

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Palit are one of the worst RTX 2080Ti GPUs, that's from my experience, some of them beem sold as non A models and mainly they're been one of the worst OC'ers and if you sold it for half of the price of EVGA RTX 3080 XC3, personally I wouldn't sell it for that, I still have my Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP and Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix as well, I use them for rendering

But if you are happy then this what counts, nothing more mate

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

4. demented brave

demented brave Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4090
    Bought a used 2080 ti several years ago off of ebay for $815. Came with an EK waterblock already installed, no stock fan or box though. It was disappointing to learn about the Non-A chips after I bought it, but it was still a nice deal at the time. Was able to use the palit 310w bios for awhile anyhow. I was looking forward to the new Nvidia/AMD cards this year but disappointed with the lack of stock like everyone else.

So I decided it was time to do the shunt mod. It was fairly easy to solder on the 8mohm resistors and boom, no more power limits (well around 450-500 watts). Card isn't the best overclocker, can get 2145mhz stable on the core with 1.09v. Memory on this card is decent, 1100+ runs fine. Anyway I feel better about keeping the card a bit longer, now within spitting distance of a stock 3080 timespy score.

jura11 and DannyD like this.

5. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    All about personal experience
    the 2080ti was my second Palit card. the other was the 980ti
    I never ran into a problem
    Never needed overclocking
    Its great value for money
    Some other cards are way overpriced and you pay for extra cables and a CD

I sold it at such a good price 'cause the unavailability of Nvidia and AMD cards after lunch created a little bubble here in Sweden. People were angry from not getting cards, they had money mainly due to covid frustration. A perfect storm. Just need to ride it
    I could have gotten MORE this week.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    jura11 likes this.
  6. toasty

toasty Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Trio X
    Hey guys, just swapped my 1080ti amp extreme out for 2080ti gaming x trio. Is there an easy way to check what revision die it is? vbios is an oldish one from late 2018.

7. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    use gpu-z press lookup and it will show you revision on webpage.

toasty likes this.
  8. toasty

toasty Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Trio X
    Thanks, it's rev A.

Strange one, power slider goes to 110% but I see afterburner pushing to 115% during OC scanner. Peaked @ 2085, max temp 69°C with 90mm fan hitting ~2.1k rpm + 100mm fans ~1.7k rpm (just realised there's seperate readouts).

Edit: ran some benchmarks and hit 118% :eek:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  9. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti
    those that have tried both the 2080-ti and 3080 series, how much better is the 3080 series? I don't expect a physics lesson or boatloads of numbers, just, something like, it's a little better or a lot better, and maybe info like the games that you tried them both on...... I have the 2080-ti and for me I think it is very good. And am satisfied. My bottleneck is the cpu, which I am upgrading in a few days...

10. toasty

toasty Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Trio X
    After some benching and playing with the curve I found a stable core setting of 2070 @ 0.975v, which results in 2040-2055 under sustained load. Went about playing some Borderlands 3 and system just straight up shut off after some time, as if power was just cut. Had to cycle PSU to restart, which would suggest some kind of protection kicked in? Not had anything like this in previous 2 years of 1080Ti which looking at hwinfo pulled roughly the same kind of power. Can not trigger it benching Superposition @8K, FH4 @5K, or BL3 @QHD, all of which push gpu usage 99-100%, but Furmark will do it within seconds if power slider is set above 100%. How is that possible?!

11. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    lot better, what cpu you getting? id look at ram too, 2400 will hold things back.

12. ivan.winata

ivan.winata Guest

GPU:
    GTX2080Ti Zotak
    Check your 8 Pin GPU power cable. Use two cables from the PSU instead of 1 cable split into two 8 pins.
    I had this on my card as well, had to get two direct 8 pin power cable directly from PSU. My PSU is Corsair AX1000 btw, so enough wattage overall but 2080Ti will trigger over current if using only one cable.

13. toasty

toasty Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Trio X
    I had 3 seperate PCI-E power cables (this card has an additional 6pin). PSU was just dodgy. Swapped it out for an RM850X and fixed.

14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I UVed for the first time as my gpu temps were getting outta control, so now im around 8C lower believe it or not and my power is now 40-50w lower.
    I didnt UV by much i was just wanting my temps down.
    How cool is afterburner!:cool:
    Edit: temps are down by 10C:)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  15. toasty

toasty Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Trio X
    If you want to get temps down and see the real potential of these coolers try something like this:
    test1.jpg

2 x Arctic P120 & 1x Noctua NF-A9 Chromax
    100% PL, 2100 core, 7500 mem @ 1v, 51°C max temp after ~1hr Forza Horizon 4 @ 5K res Ultra settings (capped @ 72FPS). :D:D
    2100@1V.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    DannyD likes this.

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    That's right up my street, great temps my man!
    *UVing is an incredible tweak.:)

17. dk_mic

dk_mic New Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Nice, how did you connect / control the fans? Are you stable in ray-tracing games with these settings?
    I just replaced this factory paste on mine..
    [​IMG]
    and got a nice temp drop. Considering adding some noctua/arctic pressure fans now

18. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti
    Just asked for a quickie opinion, I can run around on website and ask friends their opinions... anyways,, my computer is doing well thank you...I am working on 70 years old not far away, and not worried about have the best computer.... as long as I can do what I do without a slide show... bought a new VR.... so all in all, I am good. My cpu is no longer a bottleneck... and my combat flight sims look good, ran the new MS flight sim.... looks good... but I prefer combat than just flying. Oh yeah, Stalker 2 should be out soon!

19. toasty

toasty Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Trio X
    Sorry for such a delayed response, I'm now running the gpu fans (and two case intakes) from a single mobo fan header using a powered pwm splitter and controlling them with argus monitor using a fan curve tied to gpu temp. You can run them straight from graphics board with one of these:

[​IMG]
    https://www.moddiy.com/products/Mini-4-Pin-GPU-to-2-x-4-Pin-PWM-Fan-Adapter.html

Don't have anything raytraced to test but stable in everything I've thrown at it thus far :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    dk_mic likes this.
  20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    toasty likes this.