CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Nice, is this out on steam now?

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    When is 1.04 released? I don't get an updates on GOG.

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Its not yet, and i already posted that same info yesterday, lol ^^

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

5. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Just saw your other post hehe, yeah.... I don't really believe it now hah.

I'm sure a patch is coming at some point, but with the holidays coming up and people having off I doubt we will see anything significant until 2021

6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Then allot of people including me cannot play the game the main problem right now with cyberpunk 2077 is not the performance for me [its still a mess], but the control mapping.

I cant remap forward and backward movement to arrow, i am a left handed user myself.

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Its coming next week i got told.

@Witcher29

Tried to remaedp like i mentioned how a few pages back?

8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    yes but then u get this problem check @ 6:26

Thx tho.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Steam or gog?

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    All im seeing there is the main menu remapping and text about a config can do things, too. Nothing to see of an actualy editing of the config file..

I took over 30 minutes yesterday and changed the whole inputUserMappings.xml to my likeling and some keys were interfering, small things, but ive fixed that, too, so im all fine now and happy.

And there are even popping up a lot of re-mapping things on nexus, too.

11. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    i want the the vanilla game working out of the box like most games, but that isnt just the case here.
    Hopefully the next patch can fix it.

Witcher 3 had similar control issues but i play that with a gamepad, but i cant play fps with a gamepad.

jbscotchman likes this.
  12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I have to say, about 10-12 hours in, it could really use a patch, but overall, this game does not disappoint. It's quite well done.

chispy likes this.
  13. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Agreed. But it doesn't mean that was ready for launch.

jbscotchman likes this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Makes me wonder what the hell they were doing while they were supposed to be polishing the game. This is far from polished, it's just plain rough.

Witcher29 likes this.
  15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    10 hrs in out in the desert most bugs have been npcs clipping into stuff. some wonky control bugs nothing game breaking knock on wood.

16. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    The AVX bypass mod fixed my crashing issues. Runs great now.

17. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    It might be a little rough but I'm glad I have it in my hands finally.
    My only gripes are no walk button for keyboard, unacceptable but neither did Witcher3 when it came out, they added it later
    And you can't see yourself in any reflections. Been playing for 10 hours and I saw myself for about 2-3min in the opening.
    Why do I have to turn on mirrors. I noticed there are no mirrors in Watch Dogs Legion either or control for the most part.
    RTX...No mirrors. At least in Watch Dogs you can you see yourself in every reflection.
    I wonder if they just didn't finish the animations for your avatar so they just turned off your reflection. Walking around in a T pose.
    Still glad to have my hands on the game finally and it is truly breathtaking.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Funny fact, the game doesn't even use AVX,

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    mouse wheel for walk run speed select best thing star citizen ever did.

20. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    Like many others here, I’ve been eagerly awaiting this game since it was originally announced and having already consumed most of the official media fed to us since the PR machine started and becoming increasingly more excited with each new morsel, I have to say watching the release play out while traveling for work has been quite the experience both in terms of patience to see the game for myself firsthand and also seeing all the various issues being reported.

While I don’t want to be one of those folks that gives CDPR a free pass on this, I do feel for them a little in terms of basically being faced with an impossible deliverable. Trying to manage a huge release like this with so many people working remotely must have been a nightmare unto itself; that coupled with the hype machine and I don’t think there was any way this release was going to go perfectly, and they probably knew that and accepted that releasing the game at 98-99% was probably better in the long term than delaying again to get to 100%. Imagine how pissed off some of the same people who are calling for ‘should have waited for more polish’ would be if they had in fact delayed again! Still, the expectations were set unrealistically and they probably should have bit the bullet at the first delay and just given themselves the time they felt they needed. This is far short from an unmitigated disaster and it could have been so much worse, though hopefully they learn some lessons for their next release.

Aside from all that I’m personally extremely excited to finally get a chance to jump in later tonight and am going forward knowing it may not be a perfect bug-free experience as of yet, and I’m OK with that. Nothing I’ve seen or read so far to indicate that CDPR won’t get the issues resolved in a reasonably timely fashion.

Repo Man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.