Fixed: Xbox Series X/S controller disconnecting

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by maikai, Dec 10, 2020.

1. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    I bought the new Xbox series X/S controller to use with my pc. I have been using an Xbox One (S) controller via Bluetooth with my pc for a couple years now with no issues. Now that I purchased the new controller, it constantly disconnects from the pc via Bluetooth the moment I start to play a game. Doesn't matter what game, any game, via steam or the windows store etc. The controller stays connected the entire time, up until the time to start to play a game. I tested the controller on my (OG) Xbox One S and was able to use it without a single disconnect. Googling this issue shows thread after thread of people with the same issue, only they also have the issue with the controller disconnecting from the new Xbox Series X/S as well, not just WIN 10. Microsoft has been completely silent on this, Ubisoft made a "Mega thread" for it after people thought it was AC Valhalla, (which it obviously isn't) and now suddenly that thread has gone dead. No fix in sight, and to me these new controllers although im assuming a firmware could fix it as it does not disconnect while non gaming and or on the Xbox One S. I'm hoping MS will finally address this as its been a couple weeks already and not a single word about the issue even existing on their end that's I've been able to see.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    haven't had any issues with my new controller and a official wireless adapter.

3. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    I'm using my motherboard built in Bluetooth. The wireless adapter is wifi yes?
    But so not 2 mins after I posted this I did a windows update and also installed the new Intel bluetooth drivers from windows update and just like that the issue is finally resolved
    Intel corporation Bluetooth 22.10.0.2 & Intel -net 22.10.0.7 were the names of the optional updates. They didn't exist yesterday