CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    There are a few reason i cannot play cyberpunk atm.
    The worst one is i cant rebind key mapping like up and down with arrows [i know there is a fix but it will crash my game]
    The second one is performance i know the 1080 ti is not the newest gpu anymore but it should still do 60 fps on 1440p ultra
    Third this game got glitches and i mean allot of them.

2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I've seen that error just the once but i think i was after changing a setting in-game which isn't doable after setting the config to read only.
    I've read here and there from some folks that it doesn't disable aa but it surely disables some form of in-game aa cause i get eye strain without it disabled and you can see difference with it disabled anyways.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  3. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Tried to tweak it, but blacks are elevated and colors looks of ... HDR games normally looks great on my Predator X27.

Brightness from 1000 > 800
    Tone mapping from 2 > 1
    White points from 100 > 200

Still looks off?!

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Maybe you should ask your console question in the console section. Thought you were broke and couldn't afford a video card and had to get an Xbox?

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    In case it hasn't been mentioned here the setting, "Cascaded Shadows Resolution" seems to kill performance. Setting this to medium apparently improves frames by as much as 20+ fps.

Duke Nil and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its not the best looking game with HDR on my CRG9 UW display as well because black isnt quite dark enough.
    I chose nearer 2 for tone mapping and 1015 brightness, whitepoint 200. But every display is different, choose what suits.
    The reason I feel HDR struggles is because the game is very dark and black isnt black enough.
    Although I havent tried turning down the backlight yet, that might work.

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Turn HDR off - problem solved. Looks great in SDR.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Sorry mate but not anymore it is not

DannyD likes this.
  9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Wait...w..h..a..t?

10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Broke down an bought this. Runs great so far, though I only have 1080p monitor. Jackie's kind of a bozo but not too bad.

chispy likes this.

11. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Running it for 2 hours or so now, without flaws.

I basically just picked the PRESET HIGH, then switched off all the annoying stuff like motion 'sickness' blur, chromatic ab. and use DLSS performance. Switched volumetric lighting / fog back to medium. RTX is off.
    From the video menu i picked FULLSCREEN and FPS ON - set it to 60 and it's super stable. I can prob set it higher or switch on my details to HIGH instead of medium.

LOVE THE GAME SO FAR. :) it was all worth it guys. 8 fuckin years.

cerebus23 and chispy like this.
  12. I have to say that there is definitely some room for optimizations. I wouldn't say it's terrible, considering all the techniques they use, but not great either.

On the other hand, what I expected to see, were contact hardening (distance field) shadows, which have become standard for big AAA titles. This is disappointing, for me at least.

13. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    I spend cash to new monitor and x series + rtx 3090 gigabyte oc. Waiting now to get rest of pc parts after some time :)

14. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Ok I'm losing my mind. The VR tutorial is driving me insane.. I'm doing the hacking portion and get to the point I need to "take him out" but there is no god darn instruction on (xbox controller) how to take him out. I keep failing because I don't know the controller action to do to take him out.. I duck, approach, and... Fail..

15. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Shadow i need your help dude. I want to rebind the 'F' key for picking up objekt to my normal 'Use' key which is W. Any advise? I cant find any code in InputUserMappings relating to picking up something. Or am i blind? :D

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    F on the keyboard to take out/interact/activate stuff, whatever controller button that would be.

X or Y i would guess but sometimes A. depends on the game and config.

17. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There is apparently an issue for some processors where night city will throw an illegal instuction error, but otherwise runs.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah wow, i didnt even look there...i assumed everything is stored in the json file from the input.xml settings for instance...because as we know, some options in the json are also not shown in menus, like some in the input.xml, quicksave, etc..
    Also funny theres only a quicksave but no quickload option - i was wondering before and tried all the Fkey bindings... ^^
    You also shouldnt replace "every" IK_F values at once, better go through all the 35 entries once and check.

Changing all the common actions with "F" to "E" for instance should work fine, as E is not used in the open game world..except body drop...and leanign to the right..? Is this even a thing? I guess i tried leaning before but it wasnt working ,except the autoleaning around corners when behind cover.
    I also need to be able to go back in menus with MB4 and not only ESC...the correct button value for mouse4 is "IK_Mouse4"

Code:
    <mapping name="UI_Esc_B_Circle" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
           <button id="IK_Escape" />
           <button id="IK_Pad_B_CIRCLE" />
           <button id="IK_Mouse4" />
       </mapping>

<mapping name="back" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
           <button id="IK_Escape"/>
           <button id="IK_Pad_B_CIRCLE"/>
           <button id="IK_Mouse4" />
       </mapping>

(Dialogue) Choice1-4 can also be changed to buttons 1-4, its F, R, 1, 2 by default.
    Edit: Seems like Choice1 has to be the same as pickups things, etc. if you change F to 1 all other options you have changed to E instead of F will be 1 then - so Choice 1 hast to be E then.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    there's a cracking sound issue if you set the sound quality to 24bit or higher

angelgraves13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.