NVIDIA Geforce 460.79 Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The vulkan api updates are reason enough honestly.

Manuel needs the info from his prior posts to get a matching system configured.

dump files compress really well, so use 7z to bring it down from the several gigabytes it will likely be.

2. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    lol, broke Cyberpunk. (forum seems to suggest it's common) only the left half of the screen is rendered in menus.

3. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    World of Warcraft: Shadowlands on gtx 1080 location Ardenweald strong flicker

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

5. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Shadowlands. Shadow/Texture flickering on the world itself, not the HUD. Imported the profile and will check back later.

PS:
    That "Gate" is in Bastion, not Ardenweald. :)

valorex likes this.
  6. PittyH

PittyH Member

GPU:
    2080ti
    On any driver later than 456.71 i lose the option for 4K 120hz with the displayport 1.4 to hdmi2.1 adapter club3d cac-1085 on a 2080ti and LG C9.

I tried clean installs of:

Guess I'm stuck on 456.71 for life... No cyberpunk drivers for me heh.

Also Netflix throws a hdcp error for 4K videos on any drivers later than 446.14 with HVENC and CAC-1085.

I mean seriously Nvidia - all these godamn software changes... just stuffing up perfectly working things.
    I mean it's only a displayport to hdmi2.1 adapter, how can it be so difficult not to break it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thanks, i'm not a player and the fact some bugs in this game only occur in regions that you require a sub for makes it trying for Nvidia's engineers too.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Nvidia are not responsible for the behaviors of a converter chip that alters the behavior of the interface.

I also have it on pretty good authority that the HDCP issues are a bug in the converters firmware.

Xman01 likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    And what issues are those so i can NOT reproduce them xD

10. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm sure someone like NVIDIA could get access to things from Blizzard. Its in Blizzards interest as well, afterall.

Either way, so far it looks like the profile helped the flickering. It was pretty immediate before in certain areas with loads of shadows, which Ardenweald is one of, being a forest.

11. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Let me know how you get on, I was seeing some flickering as well.
    I changed a setting in the Nvidia control panel for WoW - Retail exe to set Triple Buffering as On. In-game it was already on, but the default setting in nvidia control panel is to use the global setting, which is off.

Additionally, check wow settings for Ambient Occlusion, to make sure it's not set to FidelityFX, as we aren't AMD.

Edit:
    Ha, timing

@Astyanax What is set in the profile to change it? I'll download and use it either way, just curious

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    In case nobody answered you:
    Your videocard has no USBC ports, but it has USBC controller.

Rich_Guy likes this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The triple buffering in the nvcp is for opengl only, it doesn't affect VK or D3D :(

It turns off an optimisation that was supposed to have been fixed in r460 for this and other Dx games, I'm waiting to see if @GiveMe has flickers/crashes in Forza again now......

14. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
  15. Ex3cut3r

Ex3cut3r Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
    I had massive flickering issues with this driver. And the explorer seems to crash all the time and repeats it

3440x1440 (21:9 Monitor) no VRR
    RTX 2080
    5600X
    32 GB RAM
    PCIe 4.0 NVME

Even DDU could not fix it. I had to reinstall windows. I think it might some conflict with some RGB Software (RGB Fusion)

So I did safe mode, uninstalled, afterburner, rgb fusion, Icue and the newest windows KB4592438. But even that did not fix it, still flickering. And the windows logo (circle) seems to take his time a lot more. Desktop unusable with massive flickering and explorer.exe crashes all the time. Used DDU still the same...wtf?

Reinstalled windows. Installed 457.51 everything fine again. Puh, that was scary as crap.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    explorer.exe crashes are a side effect of the latest cumulative update, not this driver :(

Ex3cut3r likes this.
  17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    C32HG70 using displayport cable.
    @ManuelG please fix this flickering i am already on 457.30 again no flickering there, but terrible performance on cyberpunk 2077.

18. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    Gsync isn't working in Cyberpunk when you use the game's vsync option, it does work however when set through the NVCPL. I'm using the gsync indicator to verify.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I have a few questions about nvidia FPS limiter

I tired it like so, does this have any effect at all, well fps limiter seems to work, but idk about that other value.
    3.png

I also saw these values, anything worth testing, or should i try original Frame rate limiter in this section
    1.png

What about this here, e.g. that value where it says "limiter V2 force off, enables limiter v1 less input lag" 2.png

Which fps limiter is the best?

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I don't think driver fps limiter can affect Destiny 2 TJ, bungies antiinjection bs.