NVIDIA Geforce 460.79 Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2020.

1. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    No issues for me with this driver so far.

2. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Guest

GPU:
    MSI SuprimX 4090
    Every set of drivers after 457.09 I get microstutter and it's hacking me off. Thanks Nvidia, rip us off with the 2080ti's and then make those cards worthless. Now I have a 3080 and have to keep uninstalling etc to go back to a driver that works.

3. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    I have a newly acquired, cheap Aorus Xtreme GTX 1080 Ti which worked flawlessly with the previous drivers, I'll install these and see if I get the flickers....

4. hadewych1200

hadewych1200 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    If your driver doesnt go on well, Install the proper chipstes for your Motherboard, Disable Windows Defender, Disable Windows search, (if you have an SSD Disable Prefetch and Superfetch) pick a proper Power Supply, a proper DOCP XML profile for RAM, disable Meltdown and Spectre Patches, and Not install Geforce Experience Bloatware. On my GTX 1080 ti Never got an issue so far since ever. Installing all the drivers from DDU on Secure Mode. And I always install Clean versions, cause Ansel bring delay so do the Telemetry that the normal driver contains.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    This may be a little tricky since we likely won't have your monitor. Can you capture two dispdiag log files with your monitors connected? One with a working driver and one with todays driver installed?

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3468

Then email it to me at driverfeedback@nvidia.com along with the make and model of your monitors?

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    RDR2 quits to desktop as soon as the shotgun cartridges appear end on while the game loads.
    However the game did a big update so am not sure whether that or the driver triggered it.

7. maxio

maxio Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Nope, my vbios is never than this and GOP is already updated to the latest one.
    460.79 brokes my DVI-I output, it is a fact.

Will do, thank you.

8. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Working fine for me, got my highest score in Time Spy yet.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    please cease this misinformation, you cause more problems than you fix with it.

what version is yours?

Singleton99 likes this.
  10. Scorpion3811

Scorpion3811 Member

GPU:
    ALL
    We can agree to disagree, as a system builder for a major company, this is always best practice, sure you don't "need" to always do that, but if you do, you will never run into problems regarding driver install... (and when I mean never, I referring to problems cause by not uninstalling old drivers first, yes other problems can arise.)

11. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Please tell me you're joking... That you're trying to wind up people thinking they have no clue about computers.

GeForce Experience isn't "bloatware" as it's so handy for recording footage.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There should almost never be a need for ddu to run after you use the nvidia uninstaller, the few things it leaves are references to temp files, sure do it if you're moving from AMD to nvidia, but rarely is it necessary for DDU at all, also the clean install in the driver installer would have sorted out the power setting defaults changes.

Most of the issues in the thread are either ongoing issues with freesync compatibility or whatever chrome is doing wrong thus far, other then that guy playing 3dmark instead of games :D

13. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    Could be the CPU. Not joking. When I first got my 3080 I was close to returning it. Micro stutters galore, sometimes worse frames than my 1070ti...
    Then I finally got my hands on a 5900x and now this combo is actually insane. No micro stutters and unrivaled performance.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @ManuelG

What about Destiny2 and new reflex stutter, I have to keep it off to somewhat eliminate obvious micro stutters, loading new parts/assets of the game isn't affected and still does it (micro stutters).

I saw quite a few users reporting this issue. Bungie is also aware and they made a reporting thread about it,
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/257630620
    but I was wondering can nvidia somehow help them make better loading transitions or what's the deal there.

I upgraded my system from ancient Haswell to newest CometLake with fast DDR4 ram
    cachemem-best.png

and Im still facing the same loading new parts micro stutters. The game is installed on fast sata SSD, or would pcie nvme help more by that?

fluidz likes this.
  15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    No Edge issues here.
    Question though, should the DirectX feature set be 12_2? Because it reports 12_1. Previous driver did as well.
    Capture.PNG

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020

16. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    I rarely seem to hit common driver issues, but 460.79 is flickering badly in WoW. Going back to the previous set.

17. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    FYI, with 460.69, Vulkan version seems to be updated to 1.2.148 from previous 1.2.141

18. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    No flickering here, I use Opera browser (which is based on Chrome).

G-Sync on, desktop set @165hz.

Now I'm going to test some games...

19. enkoo1

enkoo1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB
    Will there be a CES driver like last year?

20. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    ""Added Color Accuracy Mode feature (Display > Adjust Desktop Color Settings page)""

Brilliant, my colour profile in DisplayCal loader now works in Destiny 2, in fullscreen. I didn't even have to touch anything in NVCP, yet the profile now stays active regardless of window mode. We previously had to switch to window/borderless in order to keep the colour profile working, not any more.

Thanks for adding this feature Nvidia.

Edit - Even though colour profiles are now working for me in Destiny, in fullscreen, this doesn't seem to be working for some others, I'll update this post if I find out why.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    DerSchniffles, Blackfyre and tfam26 like this.