New Games added to the DLSS List incl Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    RTX and DLSS off.

Funny how so many were clambering for higher res and crisper image but now it's high res with crappy blurry image cause muh frames.

And they prolly have everything set to ultra too cause epeen and filters.

2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

You missed his whole point mate. He was not attacking people without a top end gpu.

He was attacking the clowns who think SP games are not playing without max fps.

Hell I avg 60-70 fps if i am lucky with crysis 3 @ 3840x1080 144hz ultra settings but damn does it look good, play smooth and is fun. I can go to high settings and push 100fps but looks worse.

AlmondMan likes this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  4. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    When can we possibly see some super ultra wide resolutions on these here charts by chance??

Would love to see how it scales at 5120x1440.

I was always going to wait for this one even if I do have the power to push it. Would just like to see how it runs though...

5. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    There is quite a difference between 61 fps the 980 ti gets at 1440p in witcher, and 47 fps the 3090 gets in cyberpunk at 4k (without rtx and dlss).

7. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Guess what? People had computers that couldn't run Crysis with everything turned on when it came out, too, and they managed to not whine about the game being too much for their rigs - it was too much for EVERYONE's rig when it came out. People PRAISED the game for pushing the envelope of what games could be. You crank up what you can until you can't play it anymore. When you say a feature of a game is dumb just because you can't make use of it, you just look like a whiny child.

FYI, privilege doesn't just show when someone talks about what they have, it's actually also showing when people complain about other people getting something that they feel like they deserve.

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Right... because they lowered the detail level so the game was actually playable. Most people weren't willing to put up with a slide show.
    Where did I say the feature is dumb? Where did I even imply it? I don't have a problem with the excessive detail level of this game - I think it's great.
    The privilege in this context is you being able to play the game "the way it was intended". The devs built the game to look a certain way (and it was built with 4K+ in mind) and that look only works at 30FPS or above without stuttering. The vast majority of people have to choose one or the other: full detail or playable framerates. The intended way to play is to have both. Since that's apparently what you're going to do and you're one of very few people who can do so, that makes you privileged.

If you're going to be real for a moment, the only GPUs that could probably play the game at 4K with raytracing and maintain 30FPS+ are the 2080 Ti, 3080, and 3090. The 2080 Ti was and still is stupidly expensive for the performance you're getting. Very few people managed to get their hands on a 3080. The 3090 is both rare and stupidly expensive. Even if the RX 6900 could play it "the way it was intended" (it probably won't), that seems to be even more scarce than the 3090.

So, in what way are you not privileged to play this game the way it was intended?

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I remember leaked alpha version of Doom 3. I doubt anyone downloaded it for gameplay. Most got it to see new visuals.

But, just like in case Crysis, there were few exceptional games that pushed envelope too far beyond contemporary HW capabilities.
    Here, CP2077 is no exception. It is raytracing rule. RT has easy time gobbling performance. And that's why higher resolutions are problematic.
    I could use some nice HDR600 screen with 3440x1440 resolution, ticking at 144/165Hz for normal games, and then go back to 1080p screen for games with raytracing.

And I do not really like that outlook. Gaming scenario scissors are now wide open. And only consequence is increased cost of having multiple screens and need ot get stronger GPU every generation. I was really fancying screen like that above. But I think 2560x1080 will have to do for upgrade. And maybe get more than 240Hz if someone makes that.

I'll be happy to get 6800 XT when it is available for my current 1080p screen. (As it is optimal card for this resolution and high fps target.) Unless that time is close to RDNA3 :D

10. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    if that GTX980Ti activate hairwork on, im pretty sure the performance will be affected, consider that cyberpunk 2077 is using raytraced shadows, reflections, ambient occlusion, direct lighting and global illumination, . Thats a lot of operations to do for the gpu, the point is that we have a new hard to run game here (insert crysis meme)

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    47 fps is WITHOUTH raytracing at 4k.

The 3090 only gets 22 fps with full raytracing at 4k.

12. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    They said their focus is on performance patching so I dont get the being overly dramatic because of pre release figures

Although Witcher 3 was easy to run at launch because it had SLI support, and i had 3 980s. Oh well, DLSS will have to do

13. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Where are you reading that? the title of the graphs clearly say Ultra Graphics + Raytracing preset

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
  15. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    In Hilbert's reviews he states 45 FPS is a minimum for an enjoyable experience, and I'll accept that for most games. I am in PC gaming for the eye candy and I really don't like not having a RT capable card, but it's just not an economically prudent decision right now to have that. Even if my 3440x1440 monitor is a good match for a 3080 with RT. It might swing me back on team green that the performance on the 6000 series is not up to par, that and pricing, but we'll see.

I wish Guru3d reviews had more RT benchmarks - SOTR has RT shadows, Metro Exodus has RT global illumination.

Would be nice to add in Control. Maybe drop Strange Brigade, since it's mostly just an example of perfect performance on all cards.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I played about 4 hours of CP2077 last night on my 3080. A few thoughts:

I swapped back and forth between RT On/RT Off - reflections in the game are kind of meh, but the lighting definitely looks way better with RT On. The performance penalty requires DLSS though. Flipping it on and off, I really hated DLSS on, there was a lot of motion artifacts when panning and stuff. I played through for a bit, switching back and forth in scenes where I wanted to see what would look better. At some point i turned off chromatic aberration and film grain with DLSS off - looked great, but then when I swapped DLSS back on - all of a sudden all those motion artifacts were gone. Turns out something about chromatic aberration really messes with DLSS. If you plan around quickly with it on it creates weird artifacts on bright surfaces, with it off the artifacting is gone. After that I just left DLSS on Quality and RT on whatever the highest setting is called. Game played and looked great.

That being said the game is riddled with bugs. Lots of NPCs are tposing for me, for whatever reason - I've had a few issues where I've had to reload because I was stuck (In the combat tutorial for example, right after you shoot the guy that makes you crouch and it shows you how to heal, pressing X to heal didn't heal me no matter what I did and the game didnt let me progress until I reloaded). I noticed NPCs clip through doors. Some other weird animation issues. NPC phasing in/out of existence in front of me, etc.

Game probably needed another delay but I'm sure they didn't want to miss the holiday launch - especially one where global pandemic is keeping everyone home playing games like these. Might wait for a few patches to clean things up and optimize before I finish playing it. Overall it seems pretty fun though and the graphics are relatively decent, especially with RT on.

Embra and Fox2232 like this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    chromatic aberration is a temporal noise shader, it definitely would screw with DLSS.

18. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Toms Hardware have updated some of their pre-patch and press release driver info. Ray tracing/DLSS enabled @ 4K gets about 55 fps, no RT/DLSS @4K is 47 fps on RTX 3090. 6900 XT @ 4K gets 38 fps.
    Frankly I'd wait for more performance reviews to appear today before drawing conclusions.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I have tested it myself now, and their numbers are spot on.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Sadly, they have apples to apples comparison only for raytracing-OFF.
    And there RDNA2 wins by small margin till scenarios reach point where it gets memory bandwidth starved. Up to 1440p, all those cards do good.
    But then, fps averaging under 50, not really something enjoyable.

Tom's even writes it in conclusion. That maxing out everything results in playable 1080p experience only on 3070/3080/3090. Where 3080/3090 can deliver OKish 1440p.