CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    In most countries, you're simply legally obliged to do that as video games by themselves are classified as possibly epilepsy-inducing, so you need to slap on a warning sticker regardless of what it contains.

I assume it's mostly a dead law as only the largest companies exercise this in order to avoid easy lawsuits. But still, if you were to release a game without the warning in some countries and someone would sue you claiming they got a seizure from it - it'd be an easy win for their case.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I think this is classical example of being too ambitious. I think the scope of the game was much smaller at the beginning of the project and they started adding stuff, then adding support for the next consoles, then support for RT and so on...

Then they realised that their timetables were no longer possible but they they had reached a point of no return, so they had to commit themselves with a release date, despite knowing all the technical issues plaguing the game...

It´s clear this game needs an extra 6 to 12 months of polishing to fix most issues.

Personally, i´m gonna wait. I have plenty of games to play and i don´t like to play broken games. I just hope they manage to fix the game properly.

PowerK and mbk1969 like this.
  3. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I'm too curious to wait, but.. I'm not in a hurry to continue to game if it is too bad of a mess.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm gonna play what I get and go with it.
    Theres no harm having fun and starting again if needed, its often a better idea.
    All this ball aching lol, chill.

5. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    it took half of yesturday and all of last night with my crappy net but the preload is done,lets go!

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  6. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Well I just hope I do not hit that point where the game is so repetitive that I will be done with the game.
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla I hit 50 hours yesterday and it was perfect timing for this CyberPunk to be released. Better be good game and hope the visual are decent ,not looking for great anymore.

7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Pre-download took like 30min for me. About 25mb/s download speeds, did not pay very close attention to it.

GPU prices tho... Might need a new GPU (and CPU, mobo, RAM, so on), but perhaps will need to wait for the spring to let things hw prices and supply settle down.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  8. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    Am I the only or... I feel the graphics are mediocre in Cyberpunk. (judging by the release trailer)

9. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    Don't forget about GameCube.

10. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    I hope to hit just 1080 and max out everything. I'll be happy with that I think. Maybe 4k dlss with some settings lowered but there's nothing I hate more then lowering a setting.
    Just got a new Asus Prime Mobo, a crappy i5-10400 @ 4.3Ghz and of course the 2070oc. Would have liked a 3xxx but...not ganna happen. Graphics aren't everything and this game is not going to disappoint. It is ganna be breathtaking no matter what.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Pre-loaded today , in hopes nvidia release a driver for this game today. I'm ready :D ...

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Quite a few things I've seen are pretty poor, and I've hardly looked at anything.
    But it is what it is, and it might improve.

13. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Nvidia is probably also crunching on the driver hard so it'll be probably last minute WHQL tomorrow.

After all the game is a poster child for literally all of RT under the RTX banner so it better run good.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Games have had them for decades...but this may just as well be the first one to truly earn it, then? Just to add some notoriety to the game...:eek:

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Well tomshardware removed the benchmarks.

16. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Because they should, in the end it is an interactive medium that essentially uses flashing lights to present itself.
    In the end even if majority of games could be classified as safe or "unlikely" to cause a seizure, it's not an excuse to treat the warning dismissively, especially if someone is in the risk group.

I just don't see the reason behind the entire "omg literally trying to kill people" bandwagoning that's been going on on twitter. Neither this was a deliberate malevolent move on CDPR part nor are they really responsible for groups with such disabilities.

I mean the warning is there and it's there for a reason.
    Could it be handled better? Sure. But there's no reason for going on a twitter rampage painting the company as "literally trying to kill".

Given it's really bad PR, i don't doubt this will be solved within first month and that's about it.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  18. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    I'm going dark. I will form my own opinions once we have drivers an updated game and it's on my screen.

The Phoenix likes this.
  19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Who said that??

Backstabak and Texter like this.
  20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Probably violated nda by publishing the benchmarks before launch.

angelgraves13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.