Nvidia GeForce 457.51 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by EdKiefer, Dec 2, 2020.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Title Update #3 or what it would be 2.3.0 something I think Ubisoft is calling it also landed some few days ago and Ubisoft are still resolving some of the game issues while closing in on the save corrupting issue so some of it might be from their end rather than NVIDIA or AMD though the driver specific tweaks and optimizations could also be very specific due to this game being very particular.

Incredible sensitive to RAM and VRAM speeds and issues though I've never had it be more than a game crash but there's little to no headroom at all for RAM instability and VRAM overclocking for this game it'll crash within 15 minutes at most.
    (Might be a good stability tester for a game but I have a feeling something with the code is being very difficult here and that's causing some of these problems.)

2. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Yes true, I have read some feedbacks on the ubisoft forums, other people had their video driver crashing. For the records, I have left the VRAM's frequency untouched, I only brought the core to 1995@0.950V, before it was 0.925. Regarding system stability, I have tested my OC for several hours with occt and cinebench and got no errors, so I would say CPU and RAM should be stable (but you never know :D ). In any case Legion really squeezes the system components, specially at 4k. Later I am going to check whether the small voltage tweak I did brought stability. The game has many issues, only managing to make the xbox series x controller work took almost one hour, go figure....

EDIT: ok, with some more voltage Legion did not crash anymore, but I have to test further.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  3. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Almost everybody ,including me have troubles with these drivers ,it's a crash dump driver LOL , have you tried the 165.12 drivers?... i can recommend these drivers.

4. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    No they don't, they are crap.

5. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Your correct, that's what 21H1 beholds ,feature updates according Microsoft.

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Warzone is the only game so far that 10GB isn't enough for 4K/High textures. NVIDIA, always being restricted with VRAM..

7. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    How many Vram will it use on 1440p ? just wondering

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Warzone is fine with 10GB, Warzone just leaks.

tfam26 likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Do you have a freesync display?

I'm looking into some angles for the ongoing crashes that are still present with some, I believe anyone with a module gsync or traditional refresh should be good with the new driver where crashes are concerned for browsers at this point.

I haven't been able to replicate Agent-01's hags crash, there was also a comment chain on geforce forums where a 3080 owner said he was experiencing them and several other 3080's chimed in to say they weren't, I do wonder if freesync is still unstable with hags and gaming in general, its been known for DP to make systems unstable on several occasions, including Turing launch.

To be fair, i've also known a couple of cases where an issue marked as fixed was actually not included till the following driver where it was mentioned, but Manuel is adamant the Chrome/YT TDR and crashes were in this driver.

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  10. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

In 2020/2021 all of my game data must be sitting idle in VRAM or the GPU is broken and gimped. :p

dr_rus and Gandul like this.

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Its not, once you enable high textures performance significantly drops. Medium textures are fine.

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I did not try them yet. At this point I will wait for the dedicated drivers for Cyberpunk, hopefully they'll be good. In any case, idk why these latest releases have various issues with browsers and Win 10 itself (like those bsods you got after waking the pc from sleep). With my old 1080ti and 980ti everything ran with no problems whatsoever.

13. BingoBob

BingoBob Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG 4090 OC
    I'm scared to download the driver for Cyberpunk 2077 whenever that releases. I hope it won't hurt the performance of my 2080Ti.

I want the game to run flawlessly on the first boot.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Gandul likes this.
  14. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I can only give you one advice, stop being paranoid about drivers ruining your performance, it has never been an issue. The game ready drivers will have optimisations for the game, and if there is a mistake/error/issue that occurs, then a hotfix will be released soon after. Which you can wait for and install, or downgrade.

Drivers can easily be installed, uninstalled, updated, or downgraded. There's no reason to worry or be paranoid about them. Cyberpunk will likely have a built-in benchmark, run it with your current drivers, then install the next drivers and test with those and see which give you better results. You can easily switch between the two, or three, or however many drivers you want.

BingoBob and HoWxCoRe like this.
  15. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Ah!, that's why I got an extra 14Gb Vram ;)

When are CyberDerp 2077 drivers due anyway?

tfam26 likes this.

16. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

WHY is this so funny?

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    are we getting a Cyberpun2077 driver or what?!

XenthorX likes this.
  18. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    Yes, it'll probably be later tonight or in the morning. Down to the wire. lol

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thursday

Blackfyre likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    well its a Dec 10th launch.