"Power Outage" At RAM Factory

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Clawedge, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Right, I think it could have been on time for today, but few years in advance.

3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Can we not post on the news area with an obvious inclination towards conspiracy nonsense?

If you want to post news, show it as it is, not as your conspiracy mindset sees it.

No, i am not saying i set the rules or there is rules against it (to my knowledge) but my goodness people use common sense.

Denial likes this.
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Samsung B-die is the way to go anyways.

Anyways, i read making a DRAM chip from start to finish takes 2,5 months. They probably lost quite some wafers stuck in the product line. Also starting up the line takes days, not a couple of hours.

Explains the price raise.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    At this point, this crap happens on such a predictable cycle, that anyone who isn't suspicious is the one who look like a nutcase.

How many times do "unfortunate" events like this happen at the perfect time relative to demand to raise prices back up after it dipped from outrageous points to begin with? Is someone going to tell me they've forgotten that RAM prices tripled overnight and still haven't leveled back to normal? And that every manufacturer, all doing the same price increase, immediately at once, was just a coincidence?

The anti-conspiracy tards have become more annoying than the conspiracy nuts.

Valken, JAMVA, sykozis and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kaune

Kaune Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Palit 1080
    Am I missing something here? Why are you guys commentating on something that happened in 2017 as if it is new news?

angelgraves13 likes this.
  7. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    yeah date was wrong in the article but content was correct. i have updated the links.

Now back to being furious please.

8. Kaune

Kaune Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Palit 1080
    Alright then I see what you mean.

Kind of also illustrates your point as both instances happened in the 4th quarter. Coincidence, maybe, but interesting nonetheless!?

And oh yes, count me serious and furious as hell!!

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Curious, considering the importance of some of the equipment being on almost constantly like purification and removal of imperfects from the air and what not in these environments needing close to full sterility and other sensitive stuff and goings on during a critical moments of this waffle business. (OK, wafer.)

Where's the backup power and other implements for not having a power outage happen, an hour seems like a really long time unlike they have some one person down in the basement section with a hand operated generator or something.
    Unfortunate but there's been a few incidents and they can't really cover for some of it like flooding but a power outage seems like it should be planned for with how sensitive some of the criteria are for these facilities and the products to avoid defects and the time it takes to create these wafer-waffles. :D
    (And the demand currently.)

ZXRaziel and angelgraves13 like this.
  10. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Indeed, right on time. My parents have been waiting to update their laptops with 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD's until they got down to $50 or less. As the year has gone on we have seen it at $63, $61, $58, $56 and then $53 before this outage. Seems my parents are cursed to remain on 5400RPM laptop HDD's for some time longer...

11. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    The ram industry is known for price fixing , it is not unjustified to view such news with skepticism , samsung , hynix, infineon micron have all been been implicated in the past.

https://www.theregister.com/2004/02/27/memory_makers_hit_by_pricefixing/
    https://web.archive.org/web/2005111...gov/atr/public/press_releases/2005/212002.htm

12. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    On December 3, 2020, Micron’s storage facility, Fab 11, near Taoyuan City, Taiwan, went out of power for a good hour.......how is this fake new

13. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    These scumbags will do anything to hike up prices of RAM again.

Valken, angelgraves13 and ZXRaziel like this.
  14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Are you sure they turned off the power? Did anyone check to see if the power was actually out or if they simply fabricated that? For all we know, the only part of the story that's true, is the inbound price hike....

15. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Oh well , when you think the prices of Ram are almost back to normal ...