Who's getting a RX6000 Series Card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 20, 2020.

?

Will you upgrade to RX 6000 series?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2020.
  1. Yes, as long as pricing and performance is favorable

46 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Yes, however, I would have gone with their competitor if there was any stock

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Maybe, I want to see pricing, benchmarks, and availability 1st

21 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. Perhaps, I'm already in queue for the competitor. I just might cancel and grab one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I might grab one if there are any black friday deals...on a budget

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. No, not at this time.

18 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Done!!! ;):D

2. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
    im hoping for a 6900xt....already got a 75" lg with hdmi 2.1, and getting a denon receiver with hdmi 2.1 (if they ever fix the bad hdmi chips) for 7.1.4 atmos.....been redoing everything for the new gpus. even upgrading cpu again to at least a 5600x (IF they ever go back in stock)

OnnA likes this.
  3. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I know that feeling...
    Here at least the 5600x's seem to get steady shipments, however, there are so many pre-orders left that it's not enough. You can forget about the 5800X and 5900X this year: not enough shipments, and even if there were: too many in backlog. I cancelled my 5900X order (was in position 607 this week), and went with a 5950X instead (shipping next week).

4. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    I am on the fence after feeling disappointed in the raytracing performance & I refuse to invest in one without seeing third party DirectML benchmarks in actual video games. Which of course - for which none exist & there's no ETA on.

5. Evronius

Evronius Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12GB
    Who is looking forward to the next launch disaster? If or when we see the RX 6700 cards...
    I am all in the waiting game here.

6. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Not me, I'm reluctantly joining the green team. My super-duper Gigabyte Eagle not-overclockable-at-all-unless-VBIOS-flash 3080 should be arriving early this week. At least in time for Cyberpunk, right?

So I guess RDNA3 will be mine! Maybe...

7. LM2014

LM2014 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800XT
    Waiting for the reference 6800XT :D

8. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    Getting an XFX 6800XT Merc319, since it's what I managed to snag. I look forward to modifying my case for it to fit, haha...

-- Hopefully there's no downclocking issues this time around, screen corruption, blackscreens, or anything else. *cough*
    Will keep you all posted if there is!

9. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I had a nice variety of options for different components (for more $ of course), but I went with a fairly simple R5 3600 with a B550 motherboard and 16 GB DDR4 3200. I'm saving those parts for my son's birthday next year, keeping the 6800 XT for myself and selling the other stuff (PSU, SSD, my current GPU, etc.) to recoup some of the costs. Overall it seems to be a good value, particularly in these current times.

AsiJu likes this.
  10. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    So, since I am still unsuccessful in getting an RTX 3080, since I gambled on the wrong series of cards, I AM going to make another attempt at an 6900RX next Tuesday.

I've got the rest of my upgrade (almost) in place, so I just need the video card...

11. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    Just posting back as I said I would for potential buyers of these cards. Since you all likely know that "I" personally have had very poor experiences with FIJI and VEGA {corruption, blackscreens, freezes}.

I've spent the last several days aggressively trying to crash / lockup my 6800 XT, to no success, both while using the machine and when leaving it idle. I've been able to drive up to three monitors, enable freesync on a single (with a 240hz panel) while having 60hz sub displays connected ... to hook multiple 4KHD panels up, to cycle the power off / on with those displays, disconnect them, timeout and wake the screen thousands of times (by script). Things that I used to have to lock the HBM voltage for, or force high sustained clockspeeds, or eliminate lower power states / force a higher core voltage.

No blackscreens, no lockups, no idle issues, no display corruption, big cursor, etc. Looking like AMD has gotten their act together this generation.

- Been awesome thus far. *knock on wood*

Morax, Valken, Elder III and 2 others like this.
  12. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Though I have the excellent Sapp Nitro+ 6800, I'm thinking of getting a 6900XT. I'll sell off the Sapphire card once I know I've gotten my mitts on the 6900XT.

13. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    never seen 6800 in italy for the AIBs

14. kodachrome

kodachrome Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Outside of the US there are plenty. I assuming you are in the US? Why not order internationally.. usually its the other way around, I order from all around the world:
    https://www.pbtech.co.nz/ryzen?sfr=5900x

Like 30 of the 5900x available Web/Retail in that one store in New Zealand. I walked in on launch day +1 and picked up one of several 5600x myself. They will have the 6900x from 3am tonight too, pondering it.

15. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    All non-reference 6800XTs sold out here in South Africa in pretty much a day - no idea how much stock they had though. Just preordered my reference 6800XT - should be here on 16 Dec, as nobody could guarantee non-reference cards before 2021. I only have 10 days of vacation starting on 25 Dec, so I want to game in style!

cucaulay malkin, mikeysg and Undying like this.

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    If you can snag a reference card for MSRP, why not? The quality on that thing is amazing.

17. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I'm not in the US, but The Netherlands.

By now stores here have the 5950X available in stock. In a surprise move, there will be a massive shipment of 5800Xs too delivered this week, and they are expected to get in stock too.

There have also been large deliveries of both the 5600 and 5900, but there are so many still on backorder.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm 1000 Euro for the 6900XT it seems but AMD's adjusting the pricing a bit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/k90d9u/6900xt_amd_buy_page_price_going_up/

So about 100 Euro above the 6800 non-XT then from local store pricing heh. :p
    And about the same price as the 6800 XT at that price whatever limited initial availability there is selling at MSRP is going to be going fast.

EDIT: Of course after that first batch if this is the same as the 6800 and 6800XT situation that's done with and the actual pricing is up to whatever the custom models will be priced at for later this month or early January or when these will be shipping.

19. Sovsefanden

Sovsefanden Guest

GPU:
    Yeah, good luck. Most retailers said that most and pretty much all 6800 buyers will be waiting till next year and some even deep into next year

Mindfactory said they barely recieved any cards, same with Proshop

And ref only, altho they are decent but insanely low quantity (most bought by employees)

These stores even UNLISTED tons of 6800 series card again, because of NO INCOMING CARDS

Meanwhile I have had my 3080 for over 2 months :p

My 2x 6800XT orders say March 2021. Sigh. Both Ref. Asus and Powercolor. Two different stores, guess which... Most 6800 buyers will be waiting and waiting... and waiting

Just like most Ampere buyers will

It will take months and months before GPU stock is normal. Some say 2H 2021. (Just in time for refreshes lol)

GPU mining got relevant again with ETH 2.0 launch, lack of wafers, RAM modules, production issues and shipping issues + SCALPERS + INSANELY HIGH DEMAND.. This is what happends..

MY ADVICE: Don't sell your GPU before you replace it !!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I just ordered 3060 ti since there were like 2 available :mad: no radeons anywhere.

Mind you I have 6800xt coming whenever but eh. I wanna game

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020