Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Aug 20, 2020.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    He's got a point though.

The maps in this game are just awful, far too cluttered. Visibility is a joke, with character models looking near identical from afar, and then you have all the special graphical effects they have smeared on the screen which again ruin visibility. Not to forget but these maps all seem very small even for a cod game.

The spawning system is probably the worst spawning system any cod game has ever had. The spawns just don't switch fast enough from one side of the map to the other. I can't even begin to count the times I've spawned in to be immediately shot before even moving a cm forward. Hardcore modes are a joke, you can spawn trap the enemy team into oblivion and the spawn system won't change at all, then slap on the new scorestreak system and you can see why some people are annoyed.

Then you have the TTK, the smg's are above everything else over powered massively. Normal modes have assault rifles taking 7-9 body shots to kill sometimes more, where an smg can get off 10+ rounds in half the time of a rifle. I've gone 45-50 kills with smg's due to just how massively overpowered they are (and I used ZERO scorestreaks to prove a point to a friend).

Oh and hook up a controller.... its actually hilarious how insane the aim assist is. Free "semi aimbot". It's like BO3 MP all over again.

Don't get me wrong I like the game, this one just seems to be plagued with even more bullshit than any cod in recent memory.

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I personally quite like the maps and I actually hated the maps in MW2019 a few decent ones notwithstanding ( Crash will always have a special place in my heart ) and if anything I kinda found the MW maps to be more cluttered not to mention that some of them were just chipped off from Verdansk which is a dreary place imo but a lot of this is of course down to personal taste too. As for Cold War, Miami can just go and burn in pixel hell, was looking forward to playing it but it looks like a tech demo for raytraced puddles and doesn't play all that well.

I'll give you that, was stuck in spawn on a few games last night and I also think the SBMM is a bit harsh at times, you win a few games and get put against some seriously godlike mofo's only to get your arse royally kicked in and then for it all to flip completely after you've endured your losses.

The SMG's do seem a tad off, mind you I only played with the MP5 pre-nerf and the AK but now I'm pretty settled on LMG's, they are dead slow to ADS but you just gotta plan ahead a bit. Had plenty of good streaks with the M4 but a lot of people on reddit seem to be having issues with it so don't know how it is on consoles.

Whilst we can certainly be critical about the game and we absolutely should be, I still think throwing tantrums about it this early on ( in a way the afore mentioned streamer did and as so many people on reddit are ) is a bit of a kneejerk reaction unless in your heart of hearts you just don't like the game in which case fair enough, move on and play something else. I didn't play Modern Warfare at launch but I recall following it on forums and reddits and whatnot and I seem to remember a lot of people not being happy with it due to balancing and performance issues which got sorted out so why people are giving this iteration such a hard time I don't quite understand but perhaps thats some kind of failure on my behalf, who knows.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  3. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Great. Deciphered the disc and killed Aldritch, then the game ctd. CIA was that you?

4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti

5. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I too want to try the sp campaign if only for the Nam section. But just cannot see paying full crack for the game. I`ll wait for a sale methinks. ;p

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  6. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    It's only 1 long mission and some 'flash scenes of memories'. Not worth it for the Nam stuff alone. Wish it was different, they really look awesome.

7. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    There's a free shottie blueprint at the moment

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Nuketown is now out and with it comes double XP and double weapon XP until the 30th

Initial impressions on this iteration of noobtown... wasn't too keen tbh but I must admit I started to get into the flow after a number of games and the map is starting to feel cosy again although I think there's a bit too much clutter and I prefer the cleaner versions of previous games, namely BO3. If there's one thing the map has shown, its that the MP5 probably needs a further nerf imo. I dare say 60% of my deaths tonight have come from the MP5 and it got so silly that I swapped to it myself and yep, it still feels a bit too powerful at long range which just goes against the SMG archetype.

9. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I like my mp5 (sounds like a song) and my Kreg :)

10. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    The vsync in this game caps me at 60fps even though I'm set at 165hz ingame, anyone else have this issue? I get tearing with gsync...

11. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    My game access is broken (it's being looked into) so I couldn't play Cold War MP so I had another play of BFV and was quite amazed how much better it looked and ran than CW. The sounds were really full and detailed as well

12. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Whoa, this game can eat 20GB of video memory.

[​IMG]

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it cant.

difference between allocated and dedicated used.

14. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    You should stop spreading FUD around.
    Yes, it can.

In the OSD,
    VRAM DTD = dedicated used
    VRAM ATD = allocated.

[​IMG]

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Good job, you misunderstand what you're reading and how the cod engine works

it permanently caches previously used texture and scene data whether its currently in use by the map or not.
    It is NOT using 20GB's.

16. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Yes, it is. Enlighten us how the engine works.

17. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    anyone else seem to have the issue of the game not respecting the fps limit or vsync?

18. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I've been loving reshade with this :) Makes MP look lovely and a bit sharper. And using high boost for audio!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Shataan likes this.
  19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    If your game caps at 60 fps with v-sync, go to your nvidia control panel and under 3D settings make sure your preferred refresh rate is set to Highest Available, if its set to "App controlled", CoD will usually default to 60hz and cap your fps to 60 respectively. If you've already done this, then I got nothing I'm afraid, maybe check the config.ini and set it through there and then set the file to read only.

signex and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I'm liking it apart from the smg meta warriors...
    I can't believe how great it feels on the series X with mouse and keyboard.
    I'm playing at 4k 60fps with Freesync.
    I want to try mw2019 with mouse, on the ps4 pro it felt crap.

The M60 and RPK seem very strong too, I can dominate with them even at close range.
    Stoner is a real monster for long range with the 3x scope.

I was really stoked to see the old famas back, it was my favorit gun in black Ops 1.
    Shame it got nerfed, doesn't seem as good as the ak47 and xm4.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    Repo Man likes this.