Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Mar 16, 2020.

1. I wouldn't judge console performance based on unoptimized, dated engine, which lacks even basic per-platform optimizations for nextgen consoles.

Serotonin and gmavignier like this.
  2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Can you disable RT in games? Dirt 5 doesn't have the option but it felt 60fps all the way through varias of different tracks.

3. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    You said it all. We should wait for some "exclusives" to do a better judgement.

More than that, we have to look at consoles as a complete different thing from PC. You are most likely playing further away from the TV, sitting on a couch... The way I see it, consoles have a more casual gaming experience than PCs. So the loss in image quality is nothing to worry about. Although the "4K 60FPS" unfulfilled promise does hurt a bit.

4. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    I sold my pc with Rtx 3090 and 9700K because of money loans. I can afford max now for new monitor and Xbox Series X. I will be happy with new console or skip it and collecting money for pc? thanks

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's something none of us can answer. What games do you play? Do you prefer a controller? Does having a slightly higher resolution and hardly noticeable lightning improvement justify the price of an entire PC vs. a console for you?

I'm only sticking with PC for Xbox related software because I cannot play fps with a controller. The difference graphically is negligible these days. The differences don't justify the expense. But that's me. If it's justified for you, go pc. Keyboard and mouse justifies the price for me because it improves the game play quite a bit for me. I would quit playing fps games if I could only play with a controller and I like the genre too much.

6. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    There is the argument that you can now play console with mouse and keyboard. Specially Xbox titles. Not all titles support it, that more and more games do.

7. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    I mean this. I will clearly see that difference in downgrade between rtx 3090 and x series x? And i will be crying or i will maybe happy too?

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Let's see, $1,500 video card vs. $500 dollar console. You've been told multiple times. There's a difference. A difference in IQ. A difference in frame rate. A difference in load times. Why do you keep asking the same questions? You can't let others make your decision for you. Either you game on pc, both or console. It's UP TO YOU.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's weird. Most games have an option to turn it off for a higher frame rate.

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    it's still too dependent on the developer and what they decide. If the console(s) simply played with kb+m automatically if you chose to, I would be all in. The amount of Xbox One titles that allowed this were minimal imo.

Gamesradar:
    PS5 keyboard and mouse support has been confirmed. That's thanks to a new FAQ from Sony, which says: "Yes, USB and Bluetooth keyboards and mice are supportedat a system level, though game developers will decide whether to support at a game level," writes senior director Sid Shuman of Sony Interactive Entertainment.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I know the PS5 has a option in its setting what you prefer.
    I looked through the Xbox settings and there is none.

I don't own a lot of games yet, most are through game pass.
    I sold call of Duty cold War, the Xbox One version crashes the Xbox system in multiplayer and has no raytracing feature. I'll have to buy the series X version.

12. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  13. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Bright Memory | Xbox Series S|X vs PC | First Xbox NextGen Exclusive Comparison!
    Dec 16, 2020

14. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  15. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    hey if I connect xsx to a 1440/60 monitor will the resolution scale correctly ? im afraid of getting blurry image like when you use a non-native resolution on a 1440p display.

or does it work like an in-game resolution scale ?

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    MS knocked the cooling and noise out of the park with the XBX so i had no real qualms they would do the same thing again with the XSX.

Keitosha likes this.
  18. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Isn't every game on the Xbox platform playable on PC?

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Nope, a handful of MS first party titles and some third party titles, but the largest majority of xbox one games are still console only, same with the xbox 360 back compat library, of you want to play the majority you are still going to need a console.

20. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Well you've helped me make a decision. I'll be on the hunt for a Series X. I want to see Samurai Shodown in 4k with 120fps and checkout the backwards compatibility.