PowerColor Unveils Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Maddness likes this.
  2. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    I think thats one of the better cards I've ever seen. Usually lately it's been going the other way with things looking worse

3. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    If I got this I would run it in quiet mode. I bet this card would be near silent in quiet mode due to that monster heatsink.

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Is it just me that doesnt like these triple slot coolers? Isnt that a big ol weight as well for your pci slot? Maybe I need a better mobo n better case (well I know thats true)...

p.s I dont like all the RGB crap either. Glad I got that off my chest as well haha! Oh and in built speakers in monitors...

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Let me twist your arm and force you to turn the RGB lights off then :)

Yeah, most of these big cards are pretty heavy, even for motherboards with reinforced PCIE ports, some DIY or aftermarket support does help keeping it looking straight.

6. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    if you're open to change case buy a Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL, there's a reason why JayzTwoCents complain about everyone using it, it's the best currently, psu at the bottom is a completely obsolete design, on the lian li you've got bottom fans blowing up fresh air vertically directly onto your air cooled gpu (my 1080ti was idling around 28°C air cooled and never went above 65°C under heavy gaming) and gpu heat going out on top, if you use an aio for the cpu you can place it vertically so it'll get no hot air from the gpu
    it also has a tiny bracket that your place between 2 of the normal screws of the motherboard that hold your graphic card flat
    I'm not paid to say that but after owning 5 different PC cases I would not see myself buy anything else, bottom fans/vertical airflow or nothing
    it also is large enough to accomodate a custom loop water cooling setup with 3 radiators so yeah really good case wether you air cool or water cool

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    mitzi76 likes this.
  7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Arguably you are paying more for extra features! oh look it has flashing lights...couldnt give a flying feck! :)

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Remind me next year! Could be an interesting xmas will see how my grey matter makes it through! ha.

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Sweet! Let me just go over to newegg and order one. Oh wait..

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Not really, just trying to tell you that no one forces you to have the flashing lights enabled that probably all of them new cards ship with.
    But luckily most software that controls them allows you to turn them off and be uninstalled, else cutting the wires is an option too, not a big deal.

11. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The LEDs are getting quite cool now imo, even the ones on the backplate i like, personally i need all LEDs in my system disabled now just to save some watts, running a 650w psu ain't easy.:D

12. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Full of leds because of course, we all know that this increase performance up 120%...
    I am not a fan of triple slot cards because I am one of these strange crazy persons that still use a dedicated sound card instead of onboard solutions so...meh!
    Looks...it's a matter of personal opinion and to me it looks like an ugly brick with lights - let's hope that because it looks like a brick it does not behave like one too...

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    it also doubles as

[​IMG]

:D