MSI released Preliminary Beta BIOS for AMD 500 Series motherboard to support Smart Access Memory

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. phawkins633

phawkins633 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti
    Does that mean you will be able to actually set the FCLK in bios to 1900? Because right now, only a handful of motherboards can do that (1900 mhz) because of the CPU instability. So, yeah, that is why 3600 ram is the "sweet spot", because a 1900 mhz Infinity Fabric setting is unachievable...so much for a 1:1 setting as AMD recommends...maybe in the future they can get it together? Or stop hyping "infinity fabric" because it doesn't work to it's actual potential?

3. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @phawkins633
    lol.
    where did they claim1:1 ratio with 1900 is guaranteed?
    where did amd recommend 1:1 with 1900?
    unless you design chips, i say amd knows a bit more about what its potential is than you,
    nor do i remember them making claims with any hw specs (regarding IF) that we dont have.

how many of your posts in this forum are about intels (multiple) issues on their cpus for the past 2-3y??
    right

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Part of what AMD stated for what future updates and newer AGESA code could contribute to but it's not a guarantee just a increase that it might work assuming you have the hardware that can take these settings without any stability issues. :)

(This is taken from PC Gamer. https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-zen-3-infinity-fabric-lottery/ )

Other stuff includes things like under volting support returning and more.

(This is through Video Card Z from AMD's Robert Hallock.)

Far as A, B and the latest C patches the only thing I have heard is improved memory compatibility and fixing potential instability and errors but I don't know what else these might have over the initial 1.1.0.0 data.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I can testify that bios 4.6 on my Asrock board is fantastic! Everything is running so much smoother.