SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 6800 XT NITRO gets listed at a price of 732 and 839 euros

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    i see that too, if they are around 3080 result i might be interested for myself as 200 Euro less than the NVidia.

3. Sylwester Zarębski

Sylwester Zarębski Member

GPU:
    AMD
    I suppose availability will be inverse proportional to price and that high price can mitigate bad PR from low availability.

4. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    that's the price of a 3080 asus TUF in switzerland, the 6800xt better bring something better than what has leaked this far to steal nvidia's market
    1 more day to wait

toyo likes this.

5. DG21

DG21 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti WF Extreme
    GR€€D?

Mannerheim and toyo like this.
  6. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    It's normal for the EU to have vastly inflated prices.

The MSRP of a 3080 TUF is 749$, that's ~630€. Here in Denmark, that 3080 TUF is 859€ - now, in Denmark we have 25% VAT on everything, so that would make that 630€ be 787€, if that's how it worked. But we still see almost 100€ more.

That makes the 6800 non-XT about 125€ cheaper than a 3080, which seems like a fine differentiation in price from a top model to the step down. Though a 3070 basic model is 645€ here in preorder, so that makes the non-XT pricier by a decent margin. However, at 839€ that's 20€ cheaper than a 3080 - for a highend model, compared to a more entrylevel 3080...

But, since the 2000 series from nVidia, prices for a highend'ish GPU start at close to a 1000€ now. In 2012 I bought a GTX 680 tripleslot ultimate highend model from Asus, it was 500€ and I thought that was pretty expensive, but it was about what my Radeon 9700 Pro cost when that was new, in 2002. So in the last 8 years prices have increased by about 100% for highend cards, not withstanding the Titan and other newly introduced above high-end tier cards like the 3090 Ti and such. Where 8 years ago the price for highend was pretty much the same as it was 10 years earlier.

"As the Radeon 9700 Pro begins its journey into the hands of the fortunate few that are spending $399 on a video card, we're here to bring you a final review of the card based on shipping hardware." - From the AnandTech review :D How times have changed!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    BReal85 likes this.
  7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Let's not post crap like this please.

Maddness, Lebon30, Aura89 and 3 others like this.
  8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Shop is basically selling position in queue. Would cards came at regular price, everyone interested would pre-order.
    But when price is inflated, very few will be willing to pay and those who do know that they are getting much better position in queue.

If it was possible, I would deny any seller access to supply of goods they try to sell like this. 3 months cooldown on RX 6000 series would tech them as they are no better than scalpels. Maybe even worse.

9. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    I've seen so many comments regarding the retail prices. Both for the RTX 3xxx and the RX 6xxx series. Having worked for a few years in a company importing tech related goods, and selling them mostly to B2B market, here's my experience:
    1. The manufacturer (here, AMD and/or AIB partners) sets an MSRP, which CANNOT be mandatory (otherwise it's considered market manipulation, which is illegal), then allocates inventory to authorized distributors.
    2. The distributor then decides if the MSRP is good enough for them. Most of them have a percentage they'd like to have as margin (to make their business profitable). So they take into account:
      a. Buying price (The manufacturer doesn't sell with same price to all distributors or channels, eg Germany's distributor, Germany being very big market, gets much better prices than the one in Latvia).
      b. Transportation costs (Again, above condition applies)
      c. Import fees (Different for every country)
    3. If the market is big enough to warrant a low buying price (Germany, Russia etc) and the distributor is not too greedy, the final retail price can be pretty much near what the manufacturer set as MSRP. In smaller markets, this is not possible, hence the higher retail prices. Also:
    4. Most of the times, especially if there's only one authorized distributor, they tend to do some market manipulation themselves. As a result, they might or might not want to sell to certain retailers. So:
    5. These retailers turn to the distributors of larger markets (EU regulations say that it is illegal for a distributor to deny selling to a retailer based on location), or, you guessed it, scalpers on Amazon during the launch period of a new product.
    6. The above applies to the relations between manufacturer (nVidia, AMD) and AIB partners. Recently, news came out saying that AIB partners have reported to nVidia that their buying price, and cost of creating the custom PCBs makes it impossible to keep prices close to MSRP.
    I hope this helps a bit to clarify why prices vary so much.

Maddness and Noisiv like this.
  10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Anyone remember AMD/Nvidia MSRP prices during mining boom? They had not changed. The retailers set prices according to supply and demand, not the manufacturers.

11. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Totally misleading information: in Switzerland, VAT is less than 8%, while in Finland it's 24%...So please stop spreading it. Not to speak of the difference that TUF (no matter how well it performs in this generation compared to former TUF solutions) is the entry level cooling from ASUS (after Phoenix, but it's only available for entry or low-midrange (GTX 1060)) while Nitro is the top-tier cooling from Sapphire.

I also hope you can buy that and it's not only listed.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    3080's are going around 1000euro atm so this is still quite cheaper. Its funny to consider than even 3070 costs 700euro. Nvidia level, haha.

BReal85 and TheDeeGee like this.
  13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Gone are the times that one avoided retailers that sold at MSRP. Retailers used to sell items below MSRP. Now the game is to find retailers that sell at or as close to MSRP as possible.

14. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Oh. OK. Do you have any information that you want to share?

BReal85 likes this.
  15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Wait for AMD prices to reach that when they have trouble holding enough inventory to sell.

16. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Most definitely would not buy. AMD does what it did with the Athlon, when it smells the top position, it inflicts as high a price as possible on the consumer.
    A VERY welcomed reminder than none of these corporations are our friends and are worthy of having "fans" (puke) on social media. Screw them all, from Intel, to AMD, to Nvidia.
    I'll be praising them once I see pricing back to the GTX970 and HD4850 eras, as well as Core 2 Duo era.
    Those that do free publicity for any of these corporations are deserving of endless shame. These pawns are the reason why corporations can price products so high, as it's easy to gauge social media hype and excitement.

17. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, the same advice as a month ago, and the month before that. Wait until 2021 1st quarter is over, then look again.

Wait for things to settle-down, that goes for both PC and Console front. Don't be scalped.

jura11 and Undying like this.
  18. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    this is as much as 3080s
    I'm a little disappointed,I thought 650 msrp meant good aibs were still gonna be 700

yeah but that's cause of supply vs demand
    can't say about those amd cards yet.
    I'd like to get one,but it looks like it may be same story.

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    This being one of the most expensive stores here in Finland i wouldnt worry too much

BReal85 likes this.
  20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Then you can as well tell people about margins shops have on Apple products. Because those are laughably low. And Computer parts shops are basically forced to sell them unless they want bad image.

Some simply keep prices, some do not. Shop's choice.