Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @Forceflow There was talk about it on last page :) it's a gfx driver issue.

2. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Oh now I see - any sources to back that up? I haven't seen it mentioned in any benchmarks/reviews.

3. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Hmm, if there are problems with ampere paired with ryzen, which I would imagine will get a fix, it certainly puts the new radeon benchmarks into perspective. Perhaps the new amd gfx cards aren't as strong as we think they are seeing amd benchmarks were all zen based.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    my system is 3900xt/RTX 3090, although the performance is acceptable in most cases i noticed some rare drops to the low 40s for no reason, playing 4k high to ultra high

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    To my understanding @Astyanax is a part of NVIDIA driver team, as he inform us here about upcoming fixes/changes in future driver(s).

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I am not.

Nvidia's employee's have to declare their affiliation any time they engage with the community.

I do send/receive updates on various issues new and existing to some nvidia employee's, Manuel for instance, so i occasionally get a heads up on a fix coming.

Manuel was the first to take notice of a fairly high influx of Ampere performance reports on the Ryzen family, thanks to the reports he gets via the feedback survey and the GFE feedback tool.

I am making an educated guess of any major performance fixes for those CPU's to come in on the next branch based on the testing length such changes usually go through and history of such changes not being quick to deploy, its only been one or two cases where performance on a new cpu design gained a sudden uplift because the performance was so dire it wouldn't look good to have a Threadripper doing sub 30fps on a card capable of 90+ xD, and with 2104 going into beta soon, there will definitely be a branch move occuring for WDDM 2.9 :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Maddness and alanm like this.
  7. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    I discovered my issues were caused by sharpening that I had turned on in the nvidia control panel. Once I turned that off no more flicker or texture pop.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    So, im "only" 38% in progression (ubisoft connect says) and my save is at 68 hours. Current strength rank 198.

And i have to say, for me its the best AC after Black Flag. Immersion is good, story is good (you cant reinvent the wheel..for peeps saying "uhh, story (snippets) seen somewhere else already, blah..), soundtrack is good! I like history a lot and also early medieval and vikings and all the stuff. (You can say i like everything in history - its super interesting to me). I think ac odyssey and origins are good too, but not as good as valhalla.

You can play this game AC style if you want, i did often enough, only thing you need is to call your friends when looting the big chests at the monasteries.

I like the new world events, because you actually have to listen and/or read the letters to know what to do (sometimes its not always clear ^^) and that you dont get any markers.

I like that you can adjust so many things to your liking and its giving a lot options to modify your experience. The fighting is ok, not great but not bad either. I also like the 3 different bow types and how different all the weapons play in general. The upgrade and loot system is good (like mentioned before by some people already).

What i dont like are the rewards for activities which cost more time to fulfill, like fishing, hunting or legendary animals, you only get a new tatoo, viliiage or ship recipe - and yeah, you still have to buy this recipe at a trader. Recently traveled to a new location and there are pumas and also bears and some other new animals - thing is, you dont get anything but leather from them, thats a bit of a pitty.
    The flying paper things are also annoying, but ok, not so many like in prev. AC titles and they also only give a new recipe, so i made some and skipped only 2 so far and i dont know if i want to do them anymore.
    Another thing, are the "puzzles" where you need to throw or place a fire vase near a destructable structure to gain access to houses, rooms, caves, etc. sometimes it takes me some minutes to find them...i know they are near, but they have a fixed spot - the good thing is, when you messed up, they respawn as soon as you look back :p and after you did so many, you start to see where they might are, because the level around those structures are build like, so you have to carry them over obstacles, trees, etc. because you can only jump a certain high with them (or carried objects in general).
    Another thing is the raven (bird) to spot things. Its not as useful as before, because if i recall correctly, you could mark or highlight enemies with it, now you can only make max. 3 markers on them...which issnt really helpful at all. I only use it to spot (yellow) dots, keys, hidden locations and how to get around or inside them and the vast location of quests (if the quest is to search for something/someone).

The dice game is nice and all but the ai is always playing with the same pattern, which makes the game dull in the end.

The drinking games are super easy, also to farm silver...but...getting harder later on, yeah...(at least where i am currently now) ;) - i used to do 5 quickly in a row, to get 1000 silver, but now the game wont let me play again with another bet for already beaten drinking games. :D somehow there seems to be a hardcap - because i did that really often.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    XenthorX, eGGroLLiO, AsiJu and 3 others like this.
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I agree to everything but not the world events. I wish there was some way to either listen to what they say once more or reset it. During one event I had to steal a box of clothes, but I accidentally dropped the box in the river and now I cannot pick it up again.

This game is really good and I unfortunately love to find everything on the map which makes me progress very slowly :D

AsiJu likes this.
  10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

If you go away and come back it will reset. I also dropped a box in the water and when I came back later I talked to the quest giver once more, it started again and the box respawned.

Netherwind likes this.

11. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Ryzen 5 3600 + RX 5700 XT and in some areas game drops under 40 FPS.
    Ultra / 2560x1080 + 120% resoultion scale

12. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Ha I did exactly the same thing with a box of song lyrics. Tried everything but no way of picking it up.

13. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Thats the one I dropped lol

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Can confirm coming back will reset the event. I had the problem where I skipped the dialogue so I didn’t know what to do. :p
    There are also some world events trigger only if you reached a certain point in the level, that’s for an extra area where you can travel to but I don’t say where. I figured this out while skipping this event and before tried like 10 minutes to figure out what to do. ^^

15. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I swear sometimes this game looks like a painting. Odyssey never looked like this. :)

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla2020-11-16-19-55-13.jpg

Maddness, AsiJu, XenthorX and 2 others like this.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I love that part of the map @DocStr4ngelove !
    Got to agree with your guys, i've played every AC games since Black Flag except the one in Egypt, and it's got to be my favorite so far.

After 35hours of discovering the map, i realized i've been only doing sidequests haha.
    Ended up starting the alliance map missions while being level 100, for recommended level 20, everything is one Axe shot so far!

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  17. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

I've seen some of your pics popping up on my map. The one of the offering stone near the settlement in England is gorgeous.

Needs printing.

XenthorX likes this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Thanks @Party Poison ! How the hell are those screenshot working out btw?!
    The left shift shortcut to like screenshot it the same one to open the map to switch from england to northern island, i can't like anything!

Guys add me on uplay i'm "Xenthorx' there too.

@Party Poison This one ?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Maddness, DocStr4ngelove and AsiJu like this.
  19. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

The screenshot functions on the map are so buggy. I can't like any or even see them some times. I get a service unavailable error in the map.

But yep, that's the one. That is such a nice shot.

XenthorX likes this.
  20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    those Hallucinations puzzles are weird, not sure how to solve them tbh, i did solve 1 so far