Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12 GB GDDR6X in the pipleline?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 27, 2020.

1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    For me looks more likely I will be waiting till end of the year amd beginning of next year and see situation on the ground mainly availability of Ti and 3090 but still I need to get 5900X or 5950X,I use GPUs for rendering and therefore I need Nvidia GPU :(

Thanks, Jura

Lily GFX likes this.
  2. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    Maybe so but I think the 6800XT is the real winner this generation when it comes to price/performance for gamers. ^^

Same reason I need them too.
    ASUS is very popular in Europe so queue for those will be slightly longer.
    But their also the ones making most new cards.
    https://www.proshop.no/RTX-30series-overview
    I hope you will get yours soon. :)

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I'm 800th in the queue here in UK for Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC, Proshop I can't use as they I don't think they ship beyond Nordic states like Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC seems is one of the best with FTW3,have Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix now and its great OC, can do 2205MHz to 2220MHz and hopefully will have same luck with 3090 Strix OC

I will wait till end of the year and decide if I will stick with it or just move on and get GPU during the next year when I don't need to go through all this hahaha

Thanks, Jura

Lily GFX likes this.
  4. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    ASUS makes amazing hardware. ^^
    Hopefully UK will get more 3090s in general from ASUS soon as smaller countrys
    have almost all 3090 preorders from them done.

I normally buy ASUS or Nvidia GPUs but I wanted to try the Gigabyte Aorus Master
    this time since I do not overclock much and I am not going to change cooling on it
    either. It does have a 1785 boost clock thou and I really liked how it looks. :)

Some stores here by the way have set date for 5900X around early to late December
    but it is a unconfirmed date at the moment.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020

5. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    I have an Aversion to anything ASUS had nothing but issues with various Boards and cards from them over the years Gigabyte and MSI are my go to Brands of choice tbh

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    then you haven't looked very hard because your chosen vendors outnumber asus 5:1 for issues.

7. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Not true as an example the series 1 AM4 boards
    MSI total sales in Germany 28245 units RMA rate 3.41%
    Asus Total sales in Germany 26515 RMA rate 3.58%
    Sorry I couldnt get the figures for Gigabyte

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the data of one region is meaningless.

aggregate the rma rates of multiple regions and then factor a global average from it, RMA is a pointless argument anyway, most people put a hammer through and toss away their failed junk.

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I usually mostly agree with many of your statements however this statement i can't agree with.

Are you correct in stating what you have stated? Absolutely. But as the amount of people who "put a hammer through and toss away their failed junk.", the RMA would increase to.

And even if it weren't, you're basically arguing for the sake of lack-of-knowledge.

I see no reason to state things aren't the way they are from statistical information just because of a belief that "There's a bunch of stuff not being reported!". Either you have information to provide to back up your argument, or you don't.

moo100times likes this.
  10. wb85

wb85 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 oc@Super
    More or less same situation over here; 999€ is a starting price for an RTX 3080 as of right now even though all the retailers are out of stock 'til 2021.
    I have an EVGA RTX 3080 back-ordered since the launch day for 749€. Honestly, i would not be surprised at all (just really pissed off), if the retailer tries a last-minute attempt to charge me waaaay more.

11. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Wouldn't be surprised at all if you (people who got it for 749) go to end of queue, and any new stock they get of this card is only sold at the new - way more profitable price - of 900+ by retailer to newer buyers.

I mean I see people saying they are at position 800 in queues and waiting 2 months, but i have already passed up on buying two different models of 3080 which just came into stock in the online stores and I could have had the 3080 within a week if i was willing to pay the extortionate prices they were looking for these basically base model 3080s (over €940 each). Each time these new "stock" disappeared again within a few hours.

12. Software Junkie

Software Junkie Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I've had an EVGA RTX 380 on order since about 10 minutes after the orders went live on Scan UK. I managed to get it for £649. In just under 2 months, I've progressed from queue no.61 to queue no.44.

I am also beginning to think that any orders for that price have been placed bottom of the priority list. I don't think I'll see the GPU this year, if ever (for that price).

What and absolute shambles, never seen anything like this.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. wb85

wb85 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 oc@Super
    Well, i guess waiting is more manageable than being inpatient and blowing off 250€ just because retailers want to take advantage/screw over their customers. The only real bummer right now, for me at least, is the lack of HDMI 2.1 on my RTX 2070, so i still have to wait longer to take full advantage (4K@120Hz with 10 bit colors) of my monitor/TV i bought almost one year ago.
    ಥ_ಥ

Yup, i can confirm they do that shill. I've seen a lady in a discussion who confirmed an order for ASUS TUF 3080 within first seconds, when the price was still 699 (btw, literally two minutes later it was bumped up by 70 Euro) but still has not received it 'til this day. Yet the very same retailer has the nerve to open up back-orders for the very same model twice a weak. WTF...

I just looked up RTX 3070 pricing out of curiosity and it's the same shitshow -> currently only one which got available back-orders is the vanilla version of ASUS Strix. It's 709 Euro...
    ╰(‵□′)╯

Solfaur likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    report it to Trading Standards

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Nvidia will have BAR (SAM equivalent) ready for ampere soon.

Nvidia says SAM motherboards should also work with Ampere cards providing AMD don't lock them out.

16. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I can't believe they're (Nvidia) and the masses are even entertaining this idea.

How can a company out/speak of something newer/better when their products aren't even readily available to consumers now?!?

I mean sure it's not impossible to get your hands on the hardware as I've got a piece of the pie, but I'm also buying AMD's lineup as well. I'd imagine a lot of people who can't make an Nvidia card will grab up an AMD one. Being cheaper and almost as powerful as the competition.

That is if you've got the "right" setup hardware wise....

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I can't believe people keep pretending like Nvidia is saying anything here.

18. Software Junkie

Software Junkie Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    After ordering on the day of release, and waiting for 77 days (11 weeks, or 1848 hours, or 110,880 minutes) my EVGA 3080 has arrived today.

It took all that time to move from queue position #66 to taking delivery of it. I cannot quite believe it's actually sitting in my PC, I have to keep checking Nvidia Control Panel just to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Stormyandcold and Solfaur like this.
  19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I'm happy for you. What do you think? Is it what you expected? Any bugs etc?

20. Sovsefanden

Sovsefanden Guest

GPU:
    I expect 3080 Ti to have 20 GB on a 320 bit bus and full chip (or, 98% like 3090)