Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    look rather unstable in DF video

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Only when he pushed down on the side of the console, which is something no one will ever do in general use.

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    One interesting point that DF noted was the heat from the vents on the back put a lot of heat on to the HDML and LAN ports and cables. Does this have an impact on performance?

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Oh, that DF review...

I think they are wrong about the HDMI 2.1 capabilities, and, I think they simply had the wrong cable, or, the firmware wasn't updated (something DF do a lot of) or, the content they specifically selected in the sentence they uttered was not 8K or, did not support VRR, or; the patch had not been released. HDMI is also a fickle beast to most companies, and, oddly difficult to enforce.

Then there is the cable, which afaik (me, as a non-journalist) is an HDMI 2.0b cable in some countries - but must stress this was anecdotal feedback from an unnamed source. Now then, let us assume it actually is, and DF was using this cable...then, are they not slightly responsible for not knowing this, and, not testing with other cables? Now, I must say I skimmed some of their video, so, it may be that they did a cable check on the provided cable, and did due diligence on ensuring they had the right cable. If they did mention this, then I'm wrong to mention it, but if not...it's another unanswered question.

Flat out making stuff up by creating problems that do not exist (as can be the case with DF) and then making these imagined problems as being facts is really an odd thing that DF have done over the years. I question their testing methodology deeply.

Their leaps of logic never leave a footprint...*

*coined by me

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    This might sound dumb but I have a pair of old PlayStation headphones if I use them on ps5 should I change from stereo to surround sound I'm really not into audio technology I and i would like to try the new tempest experience.

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Surround sound should be an option I'd assume.

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  8. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Nov 10, 2020

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  10. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I watch the video found it interesting.

honestly will pick 4k@60 and no RT or even 1080p@60 over Anything RT related less it can keep 60fps and there should always be 60fps mode where it caps un capped FPS is jarring like they talking about.

I think 120 fps is gonna be gimmick for most part my UHDTV is only 60hz so is monitor I will probably never own 120hz monitor more likely I will have UHDTV at some point then Monitor

As powerful as these new consoles are 120hz abd RT isnt feasible not caped 120 or it even keep 120.

then again when I get PS5 I will probably be still playing the crap out nioh2 and nioh I will go back and play them both again this time with proper 60 fps and not 720p...

Dont get me wrong either I not rag on RT or the game cause it does look really nice but in my eye unless it can keep 60fps 1080p/1440p/4k i dont want it 60FPS stable is what been wanting for years on consoles and I been wanting 1080p to min resolution to be USED

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Good thing is, you can't get one anyway. And yeah, other than Demon Souls and Miles Morales (which looks insane), I don't feel like I really need to get one. No rush here.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Here in the UK, the PS5 is not out until next Thursday, 19th, but Amazon still sent all my games bar one (Watch Dogs: Legion) and accessories this week anyway and I received them all this morning. So I now own Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (the Spider-Man Remaster is a digital download code only and not on disc), Demon's Souls, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Godfall and Assassin's Creed: Valhalla along with a DualSense controller (feels very premium indeed compared with the DualShock 4) and the media remote (which feels cheap and plasticky and definitely not worth the £24.99 it cost).

Now I have a long wait to receive the console along with the Venom DualSense charging station (I wanted the official one but it is near impossible to pre-order over here).

Interestingly, all the PS5 games are on Ultra HD discs which are presumably 66 GB as opposed to the 50 GB of standard Blu-rays. There are also 100 GB Ultra HD discs but I doubt any of these games are using those. Tried the discs in my PS4 Pro to see if it would play a video asking me to insert the game in a PS5 or something but, unsurprisingly, the PS5 is unable to read disc at all as its Blu-ray drive cannot read (or play) 4K Ultra HD discs.

I've also just finished moving all my PS4 games from the internal 2 TB drive to the 4 TB external USB drive ready to plug into my PS5 next week.

Not everything would move over though. Themes and Captures/Media cannot be transferred annoyingly although they can be saved to another non-game external USB drive apparently. Save games back up to the Cloud so there's no need to transfer those.

More concerning though is that I have 67 GB in a folder called Other on my internal drive. Does anyone know what this is? It is not a game but there is obviously a large amount of space being used. Are these the media apps (YouTube, Amazon Video, NetFlix etc)? Even then that seems a lot of space considering how small these are in comparison to a game.

14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @Darren Hodgson perhaps it's pre-allocated space for option to quickly switch between games you have been playing recently? I could be wrong tho.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yeah, here in Germany did not manage to preorder one :( , and since they will not be available in stores at launch next week, will keep an eye on Amazon and other retailers online. Also did not manage to get the new headset or the controller charger.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I remember when the PS4 was launched in Germany. People were queuing and rushing in to the store when the doors opened. :)

serbicu likes this.
  17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    True , look > @ 3:45

18. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    ^ Wtfock! I did not know that happened in Germany lol. Crazy!!! I bought it online then back in the day. All my friends did the same.

Edit: btw, at this point the hype died down for me somehow. I do want the console and to be able to play DS, but don’t know not that excited anymore. I’m like, if I get it now or not doesn’t bother me anymore.

the only thing that will be not that good, is if they postpone again Cyberpunk.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

I have them both Nioh base with season pass and Nioh 2 collectors edition ... do i get free upgrades if and when I manage to get ps5 other wise frack , what happen to games get uprade to ps5 verison