First Hyperloop Passenger Test

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Virgin Hyperloop, Elon Musk's vision for a futuristic, high-speed transportation system, reached an important milestone on Sunday after it conducted its first test with human passengers.   ...

First Hyperloop Passenger Test

2. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Kfa2 RTX 2060 6gb
    This hyper-loop stuff got debunked by Thunderf00t. You can check his videos on youtube as to why it will not work.

3. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    Hyper scam

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I find it hard to believe in this. It's too expensive due to the high amount of engineering and sheer materials needed, and it all has to follow exact specs, with even less deviation allowed than with normal high speed train tracks. It also means maintenance would be more costly. Despite all the engineering, it would still remain vulnerable to all sorts of troubles caused by both nature and man. I'm also not fond of the idea of travelling in a completely sealed steel tube, despite not suffering from claustrophobia.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    170 km/h - wow crazy stuff!

that's only 260 km/h slower than 2004. Shanghai maglev

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    If it went at that speed, it would create enough back pressure to crush a rhino - which is why it could never reach any speed worth the energy expenditure to get to that speed.

Physics are a bitch

Venix and Noisiv like this.
  7. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    I have been following this tech a bit lately. And i am quite pessimistic regarding the advancement of this thing to be honest.

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    BUT... it's OPEN SOURCE
    [​IMG]

Found another great project that needs to be open-sourced:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    [​IMG]

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Hence the need for vacuum. Which is proly how Robert Goddard came up with the concept 110 years ago:
    If you remove the drag (vacuum) and the friction (levitation) moving an object over a flat surface with a constant speed requires no energy - it's a simple physics, but apparently engineering is a problem :)

11. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    thanks for guru3d comments or I would have tought it was going at 500mph like shown on the video...booo I'm disappointed :p

I wonder what it would do to passengers at those kind of speeds, decceleration maintaining a stable speed and a level path could be bad, I have a "light stomach" as passenger on a race track I get sick super quickly and even as the driver after 4 "laps" (no full laps on open days) on the nordschleife I gave up if left and right were okay going up and down at 180kph+ turned my stomach around
    not as bad as VR tough, fun fact I use VR to "strengthen" my guts for track racing lol if you can handle a vr roller coaster you're ready for whatever

12. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Isn't that why they needed the tube to be in vacuum?

13. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    You may end up right but this gets said about so many new things that once the engineering problems are solved the costs come down. I personally would pay someone to run a drone over the top of the tube and film the landscape. Instead of having windows place monitors that look like windows. Then play landscape video so it looks like you are going a comfortable 50-60 MPH. If its done properly could help easy motion sickness and claustrophobia.

14. Eini

Eini Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 9600M GT
    The original Hyperloop:

[​IMG]

Prince Valiant likes this.
  15. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800

It's insanly hard to create and mantain a vacuum in such a long tube, also in the case of and accident(the tube gets a hole, the train derails) would kill annyone inside the tube.

Venix and Loobyluggs like this.

16. phawkins633

phawkins633 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti
  17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    A hyperloop passenger test that doesn't work like Futurama is merely a footnote along the way.

Venix likes this.
  18. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Another Theranos :D Tell me im wrong.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Which is mainly why it is not economically viable, and a big fat waste of time, considering the underground nature of these things, versus an above ground maglev with low drag.

Air is real. Any survivors of a hurricane will attest to that. Air can rip an entire tree out of the ground. It has substance...and to remove it from a vacuumed chamber several thousands of miles long (like, LA to NYC) would be so utterly stupid and expensive to do, there is simply never EVER going to be anyone doing it, unless they like the sound of their own voice, or, just want to waste the time of stupid people, like politicians; who love nothing more than wasting tax payers money on stupid stuff.

Elon has spent the majority of his career(s) wasting tax payers money, when, a government department should have been set-up to handle the problem, and, create government jobs for people; not grow the bank balance of private shareholders of large private companies. Although I'm sure that now, the next 4 years minimum will mean Elon will be able to take even more tax payers money to grow his bank balance.

/mic

Venix likes this.
  20. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Even traditional railway tracks for high speed trains aren't cheap to build. But sure, I admit that this hyperloop might very well find use between megacities in countries like China and India. Even if it cost 15 billion dollars between two cities, it wouldn't be such a big money for those countries and huge cities. Maybe it would be possible in the USA as well, in a suitable place, although if you are talking about passenger trains these days, the USA isn't the first country that comes to mind, despite being one of the early big players in the adoptation of the technology in the 19th century. So, I'm not sure if the market is there in the USA. I'm sure it would be surveyed beforehand.

Hard to say, but if I was travelling at 1000kph, maybe I'd want to feel like travelling at 1000kph, not like I was sitting in a normal car.