Silk Smooth parameter in Nvidia drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MaLDo, Jan 16, 2019.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Sounds more like you're arguing and saying something is completely a placebo and has zero effect as a fact. That would in fact, make your opinion, wrong.
    https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3913

Don't get mad bro...dragging emotions into a technical argument means you're short on facts, just sayin.

2. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Does SILK smoothness = off works with Apex Legends in fullscreen mode?

3. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    Haven't tested but it work fine for me in R6 Siege and BF4. Why not try it your self??

4. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    If I understood the post earlier SILK Smoothness works with borderless mode, and I'm not even sure if that setting is placebo. Anyway I'm using it.

5. n1kobg

n1kobg Guest

GPU:
    GTX98Ti
    That feature should be disabled if u want the best possible input lag. Smoothing is not good in games unless u aim for better quality & dont care about latency. BOOM. Mystery Solved.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Doesn't look this does anything anymore, tested in various games, old and new.

7. P_G19

P_G19 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 / 6GB
    Looks like it's removed since the 45x.xx drivers released

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Was probably a form of free G-Sync, but removed to cash in on more on G-Sync monitors.

9. enkoo1

enkoo1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB
    It somewhat improved frametimes while significantly increasing input lag. The increased input lag was very noticiable when V-Sync was on. It worked on older drivers.

10. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    is there a way to add this "0x00666634" manually under unknown profiles or flags at the end of the list to make it appear there just as before ? so we can activate it as per game with nvcpl trick combination huh ?

enkoo1 likes this.

11. enkoo1

enkoo1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB
    I would love to know this too. In the latest driver this isn't present in Nvidia Inspector.

12. Guru3Dmember

Guru3Dmember Active Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    I jumped from NVIDIA Driver 461.40 to 466.47 today, May 24th, 2021, and added the registry key EnableRID61684 like I've done before and SilkSmoothness does not show up in the NCP. Did they break it?

13. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i think they completely remove it, since it's not on nvidia inspector anymore, and it's not needed anyway, because it started to not work at all in recent drivers.

14. Guru3Dmember

Guru3Dmember Active Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    I rolled backwards to the studio release drivers, 462.59 from the 466 ones and the reg edit made SILK Smoothing available in the control panel but it's not visible in NVPI

15. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    it's gone sadly

16. amymor

amymor Member

GPU:
    hi
    i have a question: if its gone, will it still affect the games? i mean what is default setting of it while removed? maybe nvidia turned it off and then just deleted its user interface, so we dont need unhide it. may also be part of ultra low latency or nvidia reflex!?
    thanks

17. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I have known about this setting for quite sometime but never really gotten around to use it, this thread is interesting, might give this a whirl in my tuning process, many thanks for this, this will/might come in handy in the future.