NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 457.30 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Nov 9, 2020.

1. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    If you're using DDU, it has an option to turn off auto driver updates, so I don't understand why you're offline.

Dro1d01 likes this.
  2. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    It doesn't always work and they also recommend to disable internet connection.

chinobino likes this.
  3. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    No problem installing here on the Win 7 64-bit computer; drivers from Nvidia website. So far runs pretty well.

4. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    - NVIDIA DLSS to boost frame rates while generating beautiful, crisp game images.
    - NVIDIA Reflex to reduce system latency.
    - NVIDIA Ansel in the campaign enables you to frame and snap unique hi-res screenshots.
    - NVIDIA Highlights in Multiplayer, ensuring your most entertaining in-game moments are automatically recorded and saved.

Are these features for "newer" cards only? Do I get these if I have a GTX1070?

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Everything but DLSS as you need an RTX card for that.

6. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    In terms of hardware only DLSS requires newer GPU.
    But rest depends on other factors:
    Highlights requires Geforce Experience app and not a lot of games support it (this is different from Shadowplay/Instant Replay).
    Reflex is something that game developers have to add to their game as an option so the list of Reflex-supported games is rather short (just competitive titles).

7. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    You guys really like self inflicted pain with W7 for sure ... each thread has some "W7" users that complain about something... I really want to understand the usage of W7 in 2020 ...

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  8. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    "Download GeForce 457.09 WHQL drivers" looks like this text was copied from previous driver?

Open Issues:
    When setting the refresh rate higher than 100Hz, the color format switches from RGB to ycbcr422 on MSI MAG24C/MSI Optix G27C2. [3053990] (full text shows MSI model numbers, even nvidia's patch notes missed this. I found the original text in a post by Manuel on geforce forums)

AsiJu likes this.
  9. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Self inflicted? In what way? With security and driver updates till 2023 there are definitely no complaints. I definitely appreciate having guys like you beta testing W10 to troubleshoot the numerous bugs and unwanted features. Hopefully when I do update MS will have sorted things out to make it a worthwhile move.

Vexar and Gandul like this.
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    lukas_1987_dion likes this.

11. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    While this is thread about the new driver, to answer the why:
    because win 10 suffers from telemetry, lack of privacy, lack of anonymity, and no control over updates, and less control over other feature sets. I'm not promoting or diminishing any OS over another, but that is the WHY, in general, folks don't want to migrate to win 10.

They might say the same about win 10 users.

Lastly, its their choice, a time of respect and tolerance.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Just in time for Destiny2 tomorrow & new reflex, nice.

Hopefully the fix for resume sleep tdr is also included.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    multiply that by 1000 for Windows 10 users, we'll stick with 7 on our primary gaming machines, thanks.

You'll have never seen a CU patch that made first person shooter framerates drop upon mouse movement using windows 7 or 8 for example.

and the october SU dropped performance in some games, not yet fixed.

I was prepared to transition to Windows 8 and reskin it to 7, then microsoft opted to not provide 12on8.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Gandul likes this.
  15. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Need a hotfix. :D

Tim24 likes this.

16. NepSoul

NepSoul Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Thanks for the info. I was not getting fps after the windows update, I was not sure whether it was the windows update or driver update. My gtx 1070 was scoring average 115 fps at max setting in Heaven Benchmark but was only getting 35-55 fps while gaming with the you usage below 60%.

17. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I don't know if there is a driver issue but watch dogs legion runs like horse crap, even with DLSS and with/without ray tracing at any resolution with my RTX 3080. Now I fear that Valhalla will do the same, it doesn't even support DLSS or raytracing. Game is totally focused on AMD GPUs and watch dogs legion is focused on nvidia gpus, but fps sucks so hard also with alot of stutter. DX11 vs DX12 makes also almost no difference. I think this is Ubisofts bad optimization, other games with DLSS and ray tracing which are not from Ubisoft run so nice without issues. Also, you need to always be connected to the internet or the game will crash. The game is using denuvo so it's not nice at all. I dont know if denuvo is the culprit, most likely it's just ubisofts bad optmization. Why does some games from ubisoft run better than others? They have multiple development studios in different countries but they can't optimize their games?

Gandul likes this.
  18. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    I think with games like Valhalla and Watch Dogs, you are looking at "upgraded" engines from last gen pushed to their limits, and when you add a lot of next gen libraries to these strange things will happen.
    It doesnt help that these are open world, those are hard to optimize since they rely on so much data streaming.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Valhalla runs well enough, for people foolish enough to use next gen settings on current gen cards.

20. slavefn

slavefn Guest

GPU:
    2070s
    Fortnite: The character sometimes freezes and only moves left and right.
    i come back to the old driver