ASRock Launches The X570 PG Velocita Motherboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AMD Ryzen 5000 Series desktop processor, ASRock, a leading global motherboard manufacturer, has launched the X570 PG Velocita. It is a new crew of Phantom Gaming series designed to meet the needs of h...

ASRock Launches The X570 PG Velocita Motherboard

2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    The configuration looks a LOT like my OC Formula! If they can do a non-RBG version, I would be all over it. Great specs nevertheless.

3. Skylinestar

Skylinestar Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    How bad is the Killer network right now? Or is it all good now?

rl66 likes this.
  4. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    On my x370 board its crap. I use the Intel LAN only. I couldn't get over 300Mbps internet on my Killer port. I was swapping them back and forth doing speed tests and Intel smoked the Killer port in raw bandwidth. I personally think if you have slow internet Killer could be good but if you have decent Internet don't bother that QoS in software eats into the performance.

tunejunky likes this.

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    On my ASRock OC Formula Z97, it rocks (no pun intended). As good as the Intel NIC on my old Asus series MB.

I have it LAN'ed to a 1 Gbps Fiber connection. Speedtest got me well over 950 Mbps so it performs well. I can d/l, stream video or song, and game ONLINE at the SAME time with good latencies so long as there are no HDD or SSD writes in bulk data.

Have used both generic Qualcomm drivers plus KillerNic gamer drivers.

The new version appears to have DPI or better QoS which is good for a gamer sharing a WAN with more people in the same building or facility. But these settings would be way more beneficial in a dedicated router managing the LAN and WAN traffic so everyone gets a good connection.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    tunejunky likes this.
  6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    It's Intel now, the company was sold.
    The one in here is still original design and work very fine if you know how to configure.
    But it would be better to have a higher bandwith...

*edit* the killer wifi is not everywhere in the world, france,spain and andorra have no wifi on their version of the board :( problem of autorisation of the chip.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  7. Kevin cobley

Kevin cobley Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3070
    Bought an Asrock Steel legend, a total dud will only run with 1 ram stick, the chipset fan is unbearably noisy, none of the fan controls in Bios software will work, temps don't work, board leds shows the no boot lights whilst the board is running and system booted.
    I've bought an Asus B550 Strix in lieu and asking for my money back for the Steel legend.
    Never want to see a chipset fan again.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Not a fan of motherboards that have those annoying tiny fans... pun intended..

*edit*

after posting my comment read Kevins comment, yep, exactly my point.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The chipset fan isnt even spining below 60c which it never hits on my gigabyte x570. Very annoying. Makes me wanna go get a b550 asap.

10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    The fan control of the chipset is not from bios (same as MSI btw) and the fan control will only work for other fan port with PWM fan only, unless there is no regulation at all (same as everyone Gigabyte,MSI, Asus)... once the chipset fan set with the tool it will stay this way
    On my X570 i pass from loud to silent with few °c more, before i mod to put a real silent fan. Fun thing: Noctua sold DIY kit with a 40mm fan, now.
    But i totaly agree fan on chipset isn't a great idea (in all brand).

11. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    I can not hear the onboard fan on my X570 MSI Godlike or ASUS Crosshair VIII Formula,
    might be cause the case fans are louder.
    Those two was the most silent ones on Hilbert´s review, wanted to try both
    so I could decide what to buy for next gen.
    Thou I understand people who have watercooled everything for a silent system.

Killer was and is just rebranded Intel I think with "custom drivers".
    I have Killer Wifi and Network on my MSI X570 Godlike but I use the latest default
    Intel drivers because they work just fine. Not sure about older motherboards but
    might be worth a try to see if they work. :)