NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 457.09 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spets, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    is windows 10 game mode on or off?

2. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    On.

Might have found a semi fix. Funnily enough, increasing the texture graphics settings helps the stutter. I always play low on competitive games, but low settings seem to be borked.

3. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    Don't get me wrong, it is still stuttering...but less often.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Glad it worked!

If swapping the cards around was the solution then your previous main card was the culprit. The secondary card is basically "idling" until you play a SLI compatible game.

If you removed your previous main card and used the previous secondary card as new main card, again the culprit is the previous main card.

If you only had to remove the secondary card to make things work, then secondary card is the possible culprit, but I'd suspect a PCI-E slot / mobo failure as well in that case.
    Unless 400 series drivers are known to have issues installing with Kepler SLI configurations.

PS: for the heck of it, try adding the secondary card now that the driver installed and see what happens (Windows should automatically detect the card and use the already installed driver for it. Should...)

5. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    OT: Any news about a Dirt 5 driver? Got some flickering shadows on some tracks and performance is stable but low, though that's probably mostly just the engine.

EDIT: Game version 1.04 was released half an hour ago, which they say improves performance etc. I'll try it out and report back.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We pushed a profile update through GeForce Experience towards the end of last week to help. If you are not seeing any improvements, please capture about 30-60 seconds worth of gameplay showing low GPU utilization and either low FPS/stutter as described in the FAQ below:
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3507

Then upload it to a file sharing service such as Google Drive or OneDrive and email me a link to download the file to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Thanks.

7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    RTX 30 series cards that use 3 fans. This will be resolved through an app update to Precision X1.

Kosmoz and The Phoenix like this.
  8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are looking into this. We won't have a fix in time for our next driver as that is approaching soon but hopefully we will have a fix for the next driver.

fear029 and 007licensed like this.
  9. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    @ManuelG tried it as well as the others who also replied to you on twitter saying the issue still remains. The issue is not fixed. I as well as many others have sent in our traces and u said u knew what was going on and a fix was in the next driver. Has that changed?

10. Schmiddi

Schmiddi Member

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    Falling back to 446.14 again.
    457.09 gives me random high power drains in idle and doesnt go below 20W usage after closing a game.
    Nvidia drivers just lacking in quality since month

11. oOMeowthOo

oOMeowthOo Guest

GPU:
    RTX3080 10G ASUSTUF
    I'm going to add some input here since it is not fixed in 457.30 still. I also have this Event ID: 4101 error "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" thing. The monitor goes no signal, not sure if my GPU shut down or something. But this black screen thing never triggered while gaming, it is only triggered while skipping rapidly on timeline on some Youtube videos and some VLC video playback. Sometimes the display recover, sometimes I just will not come back and I have to restart PC. :oops:

It happens extremely rare like once every week, but annoying enough, not sure if it has anything to do with hardware acceleration option in Firefox browser or VLC video playback.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    refer to this article

but i'd wait to see if the tdr fix in the next driver doesn't do the job.

13. MattTheTechLV

MattTheTechLV Guest

GPU:
    FTW3 3080
    I have also been experiencing this issues since Upgrading to my RTX 3080 Back in September. I have had 4 3080 Cards total, all of them experienced this issue, and all of them I DDU'd the Drivers before installing the latest available driver at time of install. The card I ended up keeping was the EVGA FTW3 3080, and I just experienced this issue again for the first time since November 1st, again while watching a Youtube Video in Chrome.

I know how to pretty reliably recreate this issue. I also have a 1080ti FTW3 which was my daily card before upgrading to the 3080, and with that card installed I have no issues whatsoever. However, with the 3080 installed, I can usually reproduce this Black Screen Driver Crash then Recover within an hour or so.

As far as I can tell, it seems to happen when a Program uses Hardware Acceleration, and the card is in low power mode, I don't know if the card goes below a certain clock or what, but it always seems to happen when the card is barely using any power, but a program is using it. When only watching Youtube videos, it happens very rarely for me, but like I said it happened just a few minutes ago and I was only watching a Youtube Video in Chrome. However, if I want to reproduce the issue quickly all I need to do is open my "XProtect Smart Client" app, enable Hardware Acceleration so that it uses the GPU, then keep either up on one of my monitors, or even minimized, and ALWAYS within an hour (But usually within 10 to 20 minutes) the Driver Crash happens. Sometimes its so bad that one of my Monitors doesn't even come back, and I have to restart in order to see one of my Monitors again.

To stop experience this crashing Regularly, I turned off Hardware Acceleration in Xprotect, and since doing that I have only experienced the crash once every week or 2, and in those cases its always while watching a Youtube Video, and Chrome is set to use Hardware Acceleration.

I have read on forums that if I set Chrome in the NVidia Control panel to use "Prefer Maximum Performance" instead of the default that this problem will stop happening, but as I always have at least a dozen or so Chrome Tabs open while working, I really don't want to do that, I want my GPU to be able to downclock when its not needed. So it would be nice to have this issue fixed.

I have installed my 1080ti back in the system, DDU'd, but then installed the most recent drivers just to see if the problem would happen with the newest drivers on my old card, and it will not. Even when settings XProtect to use HW Acceleration I can get through days on the 1080ti without issue. But then as soon as I reinstalled the 3080, DDU, then reinstall those same new drivers, open XProtect with HW Acceleration, and then within 30 minutes or so I experience the Crash.

Anyways, I would be happy to enable a Full Memory or Kernel dump, and then recreate the issue and collect the dump on my next crash if that will help the engineers find a solution. I use a Dual Monitor setup, am on Windows 10 1909 (But have installed one of my 3080's in my Test Bench with an up to date Windows and experienced the exact same problem there, so I am pretty sure my Windows Version is not the issue), and am On the AMD 3950x and X470 Platform.

EDIT: For Context, Xprotect Smart Client is the Application I use to Monitor my Security Camera's. It has the ability to use NVidia Cards for Hardware Acceleration to put the load for monitoring the multiple camera Feeds on the GPU instead of the CPU, it is with this feature enabled that I can quickly repeat this Black Screen Driver crash issue. But even without, every once in a while with just watching a Video in Chrome, this same issue will occur. Thanks for your help, sorry for the long post.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  14. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3050
    Just curious if you had tried setting chrome to use the "Adaptive" mode in the control panel to see if the problem still occurs.

MattTheTechLV likes this.
  15. MattTheTechLV

MattTheTechLV Guest

GPU:
    FTW3 3080
    I have not. I have the Global Power Management Mode set to "Optimal" the default, so thats what Chrome uses. I can set it to adaptive and see if that changes anything, but will most likely be a while before I experience a Crash in Chrome as it happens once every week or 2 or so.

16. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3050
    Adaptive is less aggressive in it's power saving although it is still a power saving mode and will use less than prefer max performance. Hopefully it will fix your issue.

MattTheTechLV likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

All of the web browsers use Adaptive per their driver profile.

Manuel has said to me atleast that the next driver has a fix for the issue, it didn't make it into 457.30.

Xman01 and MattTheTechLV like this.
  18. MattTheTechLV

MattTheTechLV Guest

GPU:
    FTW3 3080
    Any Idea if the newly released 457.51 has a fix to the issue of the drivers crashing to a black screen when the card is in a low power state and a browser is using Hardware Acceleration? (For instance a bunch of us have been experiencing driver crashes while watching youtube video's randomly, I am just wondering if this issue has been addressed in this driver release.)?

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The fixed issues do appear to claim they have, I haven't spoken to Manuel in a week, the driver testing for the 3060ti kept him busy i guess.

JonasBeckman and MattTheTechLV like this.
  20. Antonio Romeo Riga

Antonio Romeo Riga Guest

GPU:
    Evga XC3 Ultra 3080
    To me all Ubisoft games crash, especially Ghost Recon Breakpoint and The Division 2.
    Ghost Recon Breakpoint crashes and returns to Desktop, the Division 2 instead freezes, and I have to close it from the Task Manager,
    I looked at the Events log, and when the division 2 crashes a minute earlier in the events this warning is triggered,
    "the nvlddmkm video driver has stopped responding and has been successfully reset"
    With DDU I uninstalled everything, reinstalled the Nvidia driver, but it didn't fix anything.
    I state that the video card reaches a maximum of 70 degrees under stress, I do not know what to do.
    I'm using the Nvidia Panel with advanced graphics settings and Evga Precision X1 to active the fans, without Evga Precision X1, the 3 fans of GPU doesn't work.

I have cleared Cache, I have already followed the guide of Ubisoft Website. And nothing to do.

I'm sure this is the mistake.
    "The nvlddmkm video driver stopped responding and was successfully reset."

PC SPECS:
    Nvidia 3080
    AMD 5900x
    Windows 10 20H2
    Nvidia Driver: 460.89