Guru3D Content Review: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5900X and 5950X processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 5, 2020.

1. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    And AMD users can stay on the same mobo over 3 generation of CPUs. When did Intel allow it last time? Or any time. As far as I remember, team blue even had 1 motherboard for 1 generation only not so long ago.
    After what? AMD has the plans for the next, maybe the next 2 Zen. Zen 3 brought exactly the same performance AMD claimed on their graphs.
    Intel should be on smaller node since a year or so, yet they won't be for at least 1 more generation, meaning at least 2022. And let me take Intel's claims of their IPC gain without node change with a grain of salt after they lied over and over again in the last months or 1-2 year.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  2. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Now I want one without really need it

Lily GFX and ZXRaziel like this.
  3. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    He is not 100% wrong though. The problem i had with his post was the wording more than anything else. It's true that overall Ryzen does beat Intel but only by a few frames in gaming. This said the biggest wins are on the Ryzen side i mean CSG results are like wtf ... the few wins by Intel are very marginal while some of the wins by Ryzen are big. But overall it tends to be very close ... in gaming. Cause anything else is like a train wreck for Intel.

I doubt Intel's performance improvement claims though. Rocket lake will be 14+++++++++++++++++++. Intel says they are "porting" 10nm Ice Lake to 14nm Rocket Lake which to me doesn't make much sense. I believe they will retake their gaming crown but overall it will be a small lead while still trailing far behind in productivity. Also while Intel plans to release rocket lake in march or close to it they probably wont be readily available until may so if AMD can bring supply for December it's a major win for them.

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    The inverse was also true for many years - AMD was marginally slower. The fact of the matter is, you're not going to see a difference whether you've got a 3800X, a 5950X, or a 9900K.

HandR, m4dn355, tty8k and 3 others like this.

5. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    5900x coming my way, that single core performance will help out big time in DCS Flight Sim.

Undying, Lily GFX and BReal85 like this.
  6. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    ANYONE has review with overclocked memmory ? at least 3800 or 4000mhz with infinity fab 1:1 . I think this is game changer.

7. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    This is so sad , I can feel the pain .... but don't worry your favourite company will recover in few months , the roles had changed , that's all .

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    There's a store near you marketing Rocket Lake already? You should be careful before handing over your money. But of course it's your money.

ZXRaziel and BReal85 like this.
  9. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn you probably already know but, first page of the review there's this: "Ryzen 5 5600X (6c/12t) priced at 5299 USD" A little pricey, don't you agree?

10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Just woow , mind boggling performance. hwbot front page and reviews it looks like a slaughter house , what a bloodbath lol .Finally amd has taken the performance crown from Intel :D ! Great review. R.I.P 11/05/2020 Intel cpus :D , Long live the new king !!!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Lily GFX and Embra like this.

11. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Please if anyone find memmory overclocked reviews/test post here please :)

12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Intel dethroned. Next up, nvidia.

The little guy punches way over their weight. Great year for AMD.

chispy likes this.
  13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Linus showed it in his review, it didn't drop below 60 FPS on Ultra @ 1080p.

Actually the 5900X may had done a 59 FPS, while the 5800X and 5600X had 61 FPS or higher.

Some games don't like high core count.

14. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Now let the price war begin , your turn Intel .

chispy likes this.
  15. erouz

erouz Member

GPU:
    1070ti
    Hi
    Think there is mistake on first page
    • Ryzen 5 5600X (6c/12t) priced at 5299 USD

Undying likes this.

16. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    TDP is joke, its new Intel way, NvidiaGPU way (but they at least tried to use bigger heatsinks, make cards 2,5 slots and add better fans and airflows) and its wrong way. There is thing named physics and there is not big progress in cooling, so there would be more noise.

There are finally better for gaming than Intel, but performance gain is very small, smaller that i would expect for such brute force in synteting benchmarks, maybe because games still much more compiled and optimalized for intels and its not gonna change in few years, maybe in next 5, maybe..

Witcher29 likes this.
  17. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    https://www.igorslab.de/en/amd-ryze...-wird-intels-10-generation-jetzt-obsolet-2/7/

I will certainly not run my future 5900X with just 3200... especially considering that I already have much faster ram ( 3600 CL 16, but does 4400 easy )

HandR likes this.
  18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Scalpers be like "wait you mean to tell me that's how high I could have been upcharging!?"

ZXRaziel likes this.
  19. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Bulls**t in stock.
    They have no stock, dumb people would buy it then.... wait. Some will retract their orders. Others will lose their money and dispute with Amazon.

When will people learn to not give in to scalpers?

20. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    So... lets give our congratulations to the NEW KING GAMING CPU! AMD... where the games begins!
    Like my others brothers said... bye bye Intel... years of obsolete, expensive and toasted 14nm CPUs... see you when God wants....
    The next is Nvidia... the AIB RX 6800XT will smash the 3080 with 16GB more cheap!
    The revolution begans! To all blueside fanboys my feelings!

Valken likes this.