MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Works fine.

Astyanax likes this.
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Ah, so "i'm afraid the RTSS beta won't work with WD legion" was just an assumption. Thanks for confirmation.

3. Unwinder

New RTSS 7.3.0 beta 8 build 23844 is available. Changes list includes:

· Added 3 more decimal digits to fractional framerate limit adjustment control. Extended framerate limit adjustment precision can be necessary for new hybrid scanline sync mode, where the previous 0.001 FPS adjustment precision can be insufficient
    · Added fractional frametime limit adjustment support. Extended frametime limit adjustment precision can be necessary for new hybrid scanline sync mode, where the previous 1 microsecond adjustment precision can be insufficient
    · Now you may hold <Alt> and click framerate limit adjustment control to set framerate limit to your refresh rate
    · Now up/down spin buttons associated with framerate limit adjustment control tune the limit in minimum adjustment step instead of fixed 1 FPS step (e.g. in 0.1 FPS step if single decimal digit after comma is specified)
    · Added user adjustable resynchronization period for hybrid scanline sync mode. New HybridSyncPeriod profile entry is set to 60 seconds by default, which means that hybrid scanline sync will forcibly resynchronize tearline position with explicit scanline synchronization event once per minute. This feature can be helpful when tearline position is slowly drifting due to inability to specify the framerate limit, exactly matching with the refresh rate
    · All timing calculations for synchronous framerate limiting modes have been ported from floating point to integer format. It is aimed to improve timing precision for some old Direct3D9 applications, where Direct3D runtimes may reduce floating point co-processor precision causing less accurate timings calculation
    · Maximum GUI framerate limit increased to 480 FPS

https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/RTSSSetup730Beta8Build23844.rar

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Kaminari, mdrejhon, bigcid1 and 5 others like this.
  4. terry_bogard_sv

terry_bogard_sv Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    Just perfect... I see the new release just arriving work... now I wanna go home to test it xD

Unwinder likes this.

5. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    If I start game with Scanlinesync0=1 and then use hotkey to steer it offscreen and leave that way - what would it be resynchronzed to next 60 seconds? To the starting value 1 or the one I adjusted via hotkeys?

6. Unwinder

Answer is quite logical and you can answer it yourself.

7. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    No I cant, that why I ask? If RTSS does not save the value I've adjusted via hotkeys then I have absolutely no way knowing what it will re-synchronize to and which value it will use - runtime or serialized.

8. Unwinder

You can, if you think about it a bit. First, RTSS does save the value of scanline sync index adjusted via profile modifier hotkeys if you use HotkeyHandler plugin functionality for that. And even for old and obsolette hardcoded debug hotkeys enabled via SynchHotkeys switch, it makes absolutely zero sense to save "old" scanline position somewhere then sync to it instead of adjusted one. So in both cases it syncs to adjusted position.

9. terry_bogard_sv

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    I started making new tests and noticed that the present value gets very stable at -0.00071 than my driver refresh rate, if I go to the AMD settings, in the display specs under Display, it says "G.Refresh Rate (Hz) - 60.0003". I then started substracting until I got a very stable value that goes downwards (Limit=5999959). At 1440p in MHW it stays the same for more than 20 seconds! counted, but I guess that it may get unstable depending on the card load and who knows what else. So far this version is the best for hybrid sync.

Edit:

Well at 1080p now I have flawless playing thanks to RTSS and Unwinder, at TV's stock 1440p (just a couple of free lines VBI) I found something nice too, at least in MHW (DX12) even if the "present" value is stable, due to the card utilization (78%+) you can start to see the tearline on screen, for my case the tearline started at the bottom of the screen ( I have set -20 for ssync0) and ended like at 35% of the screen, but its not many unstable lines like normal ssync, in hybrid sync is just 1 tearline that moves up or down or dissapears depending on card load, then I enabled Enhanced Sync and to my surprise the tearline was gone and the game did not stutter once even at 90%+ utilization, I was amazed. My card did not get to 99% though.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    ultrablue18 and Unwinder like this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is a weird one, but unlike the majority of other apps where "dedicated memory usage \ process" and "shared memory usage \ process" appear on the active game window and disappear when inactive, Forza Horizon 4 does it backwards, visible when inactive, and not visible when active.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do remember this engine being whacky though.

11. Unwinder

That's not a question of this engine. When introducing updated GPU.dll plugin with process specific dedicated/shared memory usage counters I mentioned that it won't work in EAC/BattleEye protected processes due to external access to game process used in implementation. The same applies to UWP apps in general. It is not a question of Forza doing it backwards either, the plugin is tracking process specific VRAM usage for a foreground process, so it simply starts displaying VRAM usage of different process (browser?) when you switch to it from the game.

12. Unwinder

Excellent. Traditionally we launched the beta with this new functionality locally and in this thread only to test it on relatively small group of users who visit this thread. I guess hybrid mode is rather mature now so probably we'll launch new beta 8 in news on main page to let more people know about it.

terry_bogard_sv likes this.
  13. terry_bogard_sv

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    So, for the people that can't adjust its VBI and play at 1080p I think I got the best settings so far, assuming the resolution is like mine (1125 vertical total) I'm using 59.999467 as framelimit and -560 for ssync, this will leave the tearline a bit below half screen going downwards but reaaalllly slow and activate Enhanced Sync, this have given the best results. The games I've tested have stuttered a couple of times but that's because of very high card utilization, frame dips, disk access or just bad games (like jedi fallen order xD)

Susahamat likes this.
  14. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    How does that work even? ESync just like FastSynbc requires you to have stable (99% window) 2x FPS of refresh rate or you get consistent stuttering, and since you lock/limit your FPS to your RR for hybrid sync - how would that even work?

15. terry_bogard_sv

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    Enhanced sync only requires fps to match your screen refresh without maxing your card utilization. That and maintaining your tearline somewhere between halfscreen and bottom of the screen, if these conditions are met you can have a smooth gameplay experience, it is better explained in the scanline sync HOW TO of the blur busters forums.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ah, right, thanks for clearing that up.

17. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Hi, sorry if I ask this but I am not sure whether I got it right or not: basically I installed the latest beta 3 version of AB, which is supposed to override nvidia's new fan management system. I have also installed the latest nvidia drivers, and set a customized fan curve using AB. As I am playing it looks like the fans are spinning at the speed I set, they get very loud when compared to the default settings, but I wonder if they are actually hitting the target I set or not. Could somebody shed some light on this? I own a 3080 FTW3 Ultra set on OC mode.

Here is a creen of my fan curve:

[​IMG]

Thank you!

18. I have a little question about the last build of Afterburner Beta 3. I have got the Asus Strix 3090 OC who have 3 fans.

Can I control the speed each of them?

I use the last Studio Driver ;)

@Hilbert Hagedoorn you during the review of the card how did you do that?

19. Unwinder

No need to be lazy, use search please instead of flooding this thread with things having zero relation to new version development. It was commented A LOT of times that fans controlled bypassing reference fan control implementation like iCX will never be supported. PLEASE no need to continue it in this thread.

Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020