DVD playback disabled after 30.82?! What gives?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Accaris, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Accaris

Accaris Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce GTS 250 1.0GB
    Using any detonator drivers past 30.82 to try and play DVDs gives me a Macrovision error (and doesn't matter what DVD or DVD playing program I use.) I read that DVD support was disabled for a lot of Detonators; why?? I can't play the newest games with 30.82, they're too old!

2. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    I don't get that at all I play DVD's with any version of det or fw that I have tried , must be something else. :)

3. zalzan

zalzan Guest

stuttering

I get stuttering with some dvd players since the new drivers were installed...the worst one..guesss, yes, nvDVD, the one that came with the video card!!!! With the 45's it was great, with the 52's, I get stutter. I use video lan or power DVD and they seem to work OK.

4. triptik

triptik Member

GPU:
    Chaintech GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB
    Dowload DVD Region Free and check the option MACROVISION FREE

I had the same problem as u !

CU

5. sonicfab

sonicfab Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GeForce 6600GT TD
    I had the same problem as you, and dvd region free didn't solve it. SOmeone here advised me to install the 45.23 dets, and indeed it solved the problem ! :)

6. vochore starcru

vochore starcru Active Member

GPU:
    evga 670 ftw
    im getting a the same problem with my dvd players,using nvdvd that came with card and wmp,both have a skiping problem and also no 5.1 sound,thought it might be my dvd player itself due to it being 3 years old.
    never had this problem with my gforce ti 3 500,but upgraded to gforce fx 5900,thats wene problems started.

7. Accaris

Accaris Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce GTS 250 1.0GB
    The 45.23 dets didn't solve it for me. :(