Nvidia GeForce Hotfix Driver 456.98

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Oct 21, 2020.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Not that important, but when using Firefox vs MS Edge, Scrolling pages in Firefox up and down isn't so smooth as via Edge (basically it's like having vertical microstuttering), anyone else see this? I'm using 144Hz LCD via Displayport.

2. pvpnpve

pvpnpve Member

GPU:
    PALIT 4080S GP OC
    type about:config in address bar
    set these parameters to true then restart browser
    gfx.webrender.all
    gfx.webrender.enabled

Firefox disables WebRender if the refresh rate is more than 60Hz.

Daniel Wu, AQUILES and AsiJu like this.
  3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @pvpnpve Thank you mate, that fixed the issue :)

4. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Scratch that! Just now had a 30 second "white out" while reading this thread. No errors in event viewer. After the white out, the page is broken, links/buttons don't work, until I reload the page.

5. 007licensed

007licensed Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    +1 still get driver resets while watching videos like i wrote before in 456.71 thread...

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have had those white screen in firefox since 442.59 but then only happen upon first laucnhing firefox and it for split second but never any error in event viewer, but nothing lasting 30seconds Not seeing on 456.71 or 456.98 atlest not yet

would not be surprised if FF is causing driver resets again, there issue with that back when I first got 1909 install on my pc and prior, they cleanup while again, after an driver update fixed it, dont remember which driver it was, maybe it regressed?

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nobody asked you in the first place, get back to nvidia forums and contradict anyone there.

I'll just report to nvidia directly, so I dont have to read your bs anymore.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You honestly have your head up your arse, The issue you're talking about with Destiny 2 only happens on your machine. I even went back and retested the bloody thing with resolution scales at 150 and 200% to push consistent 99-100% loads and there was no issues at all. No brocolli errors occurred.

This is a public forum where anyone can respond to your drivel, you post crap out on the public space its going to get responded to and you'll even get called out at times for being wrong.

Considering all i said was to send them a procreating livekernel log about it in the first place, but no, you had to go and get a stick up your arse because someone actually knows more about the situation regarding some games that you're comparing to than you do... ffs. Get over yourself.

Your issue will literally drop off the end of the list because of no other reports anyway. :rolleyes:

Considering the long known issues of 980ti's shitting themselves with R33 inductor failures, you should fully educate yourself on the potential causes of load connected app crashes, not that i think your card is bad - at this stage i fully expect it to come down to just needing a reseat in the slot and of the power connectors.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Drivel.. lol, a mate with 1070 can have it too sometimes, and while i was still ingame that time he got ctd. and he lol'd at me saying a lot of the time it was my xfi fault.

Anyway, I reported to nv @ ticket, so that's that.

EDIT: look @Astyanax

Desitny2, not a single time 100%, always 98-99%.
    gpu usage.png

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  10. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Very odd, I thought the black screen issue had been cleared up with this driver (just waiting on firmware fix for gsync) but some asus software trashed my pc so ended up reinstalling from fresh to H2 build. Now I got it back in some applications :/. I found 1 game was set to 1440p, changed to 4k and screen was ok. Another application I fixed was changing the scaling options to 'application'. I'm guessing the firmware will also fixed these small quirks.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Using a Samsung or LG?

Yeah, LG have promised to get a fix for the last issues out asap.

12. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Yeah I managed to fix that for now, using PC resolutions instead and instant game response disabled. I'm able to run 4k, 120,10bit, HDR and SDR. I just have certain games either load with black screen or losing signal. Should be fixed with said firmware but I'm waiting for official release.

I had similar issues when G-Sync first came to C9, waiting for a TV firmware but the driver already had support, certain resolutions were broken ect.

13. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Yeah it's LG. I know it's software related as I had no lockups, everything I have tried runs amazing and I spent a good few hours on it. Was worried with the few horror stories I read - expected at launch.

What caused me needing to do a fresh install was I think a combination of initially upgrading to the latest version and giving livedash software another go. Should have gone with gut instinct and not touched Asus software after the last time. Sorry to derail thread :).

14. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    if you dont want to wait you can install engineering firmware and then when final one comes it will be updated

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Heres that link (its for C9PUA)

You need to power off the tv for a bit too apparently?

HoWxCoRe likes this.

16. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Thanks guys, don't suppose you know if the UK firmware is available for download ? C9PLA

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its available to PLA panels running in engineer mode, you have to contact LG for that.

18. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I would not be surprised if it was Firefox + hardware accel in Firefox either. That was a 'thing' for a while a few years back. Though I have had the other issue where the Nvidia Control Panel disappears after gaming in several versions from ~492.xx to present.

Scenario: Playing a game, quit the game to change a setting in Nvidia CP, like max frame rate, right click the desktop for a menu and there is a ~30 second delay before the menu appears, then when it finally does, there is no Nvidia Control Panel option in it. Reboot, and it returns. This makes me think there is more going on.

...and checking my logs just now. /faceplam

nvlddmkm.jpg

19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @AntiSnipe about that Nvidia Control Panel not having any options in it, I had that too.
    But I can't replicate it, I experiencing it once per week, sometimes Control Panel does not open at all.

20. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Same. My problem is not missing options in CP, it's completely missing the option to launch the CP at all from the right click menu. Both that and the log errors/browser freeze seem pretty random. I can't figure out how to trigger it.

Back to 451.85, not saying that one is perfect either, I think it happened a time or two on 451.85 too, but seems much less frequent and that is as far back as I can go and still have the nice newer features like frame rate capping and image sharpening.