Halo Master Chief Collection

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XP-200, Mar 12, 2019.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I still think that CE is pretty good, even with the overdone flood fights, but may be there is a bit of nostalgia in account. Halo 2 though is pretty bad. There were good moments in it, but overall the game is a mess and the flood is just the worst. There were a few times where I would point blank shoot a zombie soldier in the back and he wouldn’t even flinch, just jerkingly turn around and one shot me with the same shotgun, like I wasn’t in some bad ass armor with an energy shield, but somehow even gooier than him … And boy, did they had fun with snipers spawning left, right and back ..

Anyway, playing Halo 3 at the moment and the flood fights are actually good this time. The hole game is, and feels really like Halo and Bungie blossoming. Fun times, even if it is a case of better late, than never.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The AI in Halo 3 is so funny... they react so differently all the time... and the voice actors for the soldiers, I swear I recognize some of them... need to look it up to figure it out hehe.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is cool.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

the time has come...

5. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Gotta finish up Dishonored 2, then it's time to drop!

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

[​IMG]

twonha likes this.
  7. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Dropped, sealed, delivered. Really cool campaign.

KissSh0t likes this.
  8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The very funny thing is, this is something I've seen most actual die hard Halo fans say. Typically here's how I've seen most people rank them.
    3, ODST, Reach, CE, 2, 4, 5. Now I will say, this is funny enough how I also rate these. I never thought 5 was bad, I thought it was different and the SP was...Well okay? But I thought the same thing about Halo 2. It was fun, but just kind of felt cut short and rushed(which in all fairness it was). The MP in Halo 2 though, great! I'm not gonna lie though, Halo 5 MP to me is up there as the best. Halo 3 is good don't get me wrong, but Halo 5 Forge support is incredible, and so much can be built with it. I wish more people played Halo 5 Forge on PC.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

Halo 4 = November 17

:-D

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  10. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Yes! Really looking forward to this one. I finished Halo 4 just once I think, and didn't love it enough to return to it as extensively as I have with Halo 1/3/ODST/Reach. Here's hoping a high and stable frame rate and mouse control make for a more enjoyable experience than I had the first time. Not that there was much wrong with Halo 4 technically, I just think the Xbox 360 was being pushed to its very limits.

Next, I think it's high time Microsoft add Halo 5 to the Master Chief Collection, though I doubt they'll get to that before forcing Infinite out the door first.

11. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So I've actually never played Halo 4's campaign, and I'm playing it now.

It's.....Okay? I don't like the button scene things, the chief's armor is more brown than green, and the grunts don't have their original voice? That's weird.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The MCC dev team is a separate team to the main infinite team, so now Halo 4 is done and out the door the next thing is just bug and stability fixes for the entire compilation and once that is done they are free to move Halo 5 over. That is unless MS repurpose them to the Infinite team which is looking more likely as that team looks like it needs all the help it can get.

13. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Didn't 343 say that 5 won't be apart of MCC?

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, they've said they have no plans to bring HALO 5 to PC or to the MCC.

Which sucks.
    Despite the "fan reaction", I still want it on PC to have the entire series. It's annoying to have the first games, skip HALO 5... and bring Infinite to PC.

15. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    "No plans" probably means they're not working on it right now, but somewhere, someone at 343 must've had the brilliant notion that the MCC is currently incomplete, and that there's no better place for Halo 5 than as the next update for the collection.

16. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    There is Halo 5 forge with a server browser on PC, it's just not populated.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I haven't played 5, no Xbox One... no plans on getting one, or any Xbox.
    But, I'd rather form my own opinion on Halo 5 instead of listening to the "fan base mentality".

I mean hell, I had so many Halo fans tell me 4 was garbage, and ruined the series because... "it added a sprint button"... ohhhh. ugh.
    And 4 is possibly my favorite in the series. Thanks to better level design, pacing, combat and story telling.

And, then I had someone tell me the other day 5 ruined Halo because it added iron sights.
    Yeah... I will hope for a PC release so I can play it, and properly form my own opinion.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    not gotten thru one yet......

and i not touched the dlc in doom E, and i playing minecraft, and i got baldurs gate 3, and i hyped for cyberpunk.

19. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Download Halo 5 Forge on PC and we can get some games in. :D

Honestly I love Halo 5. It changed a lot, but it changed a lot for the better I'd say.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    more like halo bored me. the initial campaign is awful.