NVIDIA not include in directx10 developement

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by david _o07, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david _o07

david _o07 Guest

NVIDIA next gen card might not fare so well in the future because they've violated an agreement with DX by changing directx 9 code in their latest drivers :

"Nvidias NV38 (along with the rest of the FX series) has been dubbed as a substandard card by team dx. This means that DX will not include NV in its developement range for directx10. Team DX made the decision "as a favor to the graphics industry". Team DX claims that NV violated their partnership agreement by changing the DX9 code with their latest set of drivers as caught by Xbit labs recently. This violates the licensing agreement and conpromises DXs quality"
    You can check that article at:

http://www.techconnect.ws/modules.p...le&sid=2874

2. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    So who cares about something that is a year or two away, and would not be used by games for another year after it comes out, and by then all video cards would be out dated anyway..

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    COMPROMISE QUALITY o_O I haven't such beautifull renders since I got my 1st 3D card :p the TNT2.
    something is not right..

4. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    David 007 why dont you go post propaganda in the ATI section, you might get the responses your looking for

5. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    this is really old rumour and which was confirmed not true.
    David you are 2 months behine................

6. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    even that link was removed long time ago.
    whats up with you?

7. ginfest{USA}

ginfest{USA} Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7800GT CO
    Just what we need, another ATI troll spreading FUD:rolleyes:

8. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Just look at his sig, *ss.

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    So what,DirectX acceleration sux anyway. OpenGL gives much better performance in all games (so you can enable FSAA and AF :p)

10. {187BUTCHA}

{187BUTCHA} Guest

I really coundnt give a rats a$$ if they cheat who cares, if it makes it run better go for it. I thought thats what new driver builds are for was to find a better, faster and more effecient way. For every finger pointed there are 2 pointing back. Nvidia bring on the cheatin' drivers -lol :D

11. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    It's a whole different story, it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they cheat with games and bentchmarks, it's the fact that by law it's prohibited to change something that isn't yours unless you have permision for that. Micro$oft had that problem themselves with Java, if you remember well. The only software you can change or reajust is openware like Linux's kernel. The fact that nVidia changed some caracteristics in dx9 so that they could run better on them makes it unfair for ATi Sis and Xabre because they are not braking the law. I'm sure that if they had permision, they would change thigs at will too, but the whole meaning of DX would be stupid then, because it's supposed to be a plataform so as game developers can make their games and be quite sure it'll actualy work, but if this and that company decide to make their own changes, it'll be crazy to make such things easy. It's also a way to make monopolization more dificult. It's better to have competence between one and the other alive: better support, better speed, better prices... :D

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    And another but...
    Look for example. One french guy tries to talk with you in his native language and you understand him,but you understand him very slowly (you need more time).
    Put in between a translator that translates french into your native language and voila you understand him much faster (you need less time).
    Its the same with DX. DX software was the same all the time,diffirent was only the way how it was translated to the GF FX hardware.

Yeah yeah i know,a bit offtopic...

13. Ultraq

Ultraq Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6800GT AGP
    DirectX has never been my favourite API. Sure, whenever I download and install a new version, I like the feeling that it's also part system update, meaning some things will be better than last (and I said 'better', not 'faster').

But for me, since DX3 to DX9.0b, some things have always stayed the same:
    - DirectSound is the worst audio API to date
    - Direct3D has always been a slow buggy interface with the graphics processor/coprocessor
    - DirectMusic is a joke to the MIDI standard and the sampled instrument ideal
    - DirectInput has always complained about my M$ Sidewinder gamepad, saying the drivers must be reinstalled (but the gamepad has always worked correctly)
    - and I don't think I've ever touched DirectPlay

---
    So you've got an ATI card to replace your Ti4500 eh Rezjor? I wonder if you'll tinker with it to make it a Radeon 9650 or something cool like that? :D

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  14. Salem13

Salem13 Guest

Team DX again huh?

This all leads back to some kid spouting BS on a message board. If you want you can look up his hotmail addy and yell at him for it.

Besides, most of the stuff worth playing is done in GL.

15. david _o07

david _o07 Guest

"I really coundnt give a rats a$$ if they cheat who cares, if it makes it run better go for it. I thought thats what new driver builds are for was to find a better, faster and more effecient way. For every finger pointed there are 2 pointing back. Nvidia bring on the cheatin' drivers -lol "

First of all cheating in drvers is unfair ,especially when newbie's to computers looking for the fastest card that will play all the latest titles + future games smoothly and fast with all settings like aa and af max,will be influenced to the wrong directions because one company cheated drastically to while usually degrading or not showing images correctly inflate scores .

If someone's new to pc looking and willing to spend $400 + for a high end card should atleast get the fastest and the best image quality ati cards offer.

Maybe you don't care if nvidia cheats but people like me and or
    the average joe might especially when considering to upgrade or purchasing for the first time

16. david _o07

david _o07 Guest

17. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    things are getting s*cky for nVidia aren't they... 3dfx on the way!

18. armaddon

armaddon Guest

Personally, I don't think either company is being fair. I remember back when $120 could buy you one of the best damn cards around (why did you have to die, 3DFX???). Now, if you want to be able to play the latest games with at least a decent playable framerate, you need to pay $300+ , and that's still not the best. For the best, you're usually looking at $400+ . It's just not right. And it's even wrose, with all the crap games that have been getting released lately. It's almost enough to drive a guy to a console instead - where $250 buys the whole damn system (plus some, if you're good at finding deals).

Enough ranting - I'm probably way off topic - I just needed to get that off my chest.
    Cards are waaaaaaaaay too expensive. 'nuff said.

19. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    quote from article:

This can only be fixed by reinstalling dx9b. So by all means, Do Not Download Detonator 50 Drivers!!! Along with this, NV has been caught cheating on benchmarks as they usually do over at Anandtech . Notice that all of the realworld benchmarks perform better on ATi, yet all synthetic benchmarks perform better by a large margin on NV hardware. "These violations are inexcusable" said a DX employee, and Id have to agree. So without the inside drive on DX10, NV will not be able to even optimize their cards as ATi can and will probably fall into bankruptsy just as 3dfx did before them...

Heck, I'm going to download and USE the Detonator 50 drivers. I paid good money for my card, and I'm not going to let some cyber politician say what drivers I should or shouldn't use. I'm going to use whatever drivers run the best. So screw you, sensemann!

20. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    hahaha... I have to agree with that :D hahaha....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.