ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) - and introduction guide and download

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Roboionator

Roboionator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI
    now all done and turn off program, no hard reset, than I reset PC, avto CTR start but with no changes, all stock hm

2. Nugus

Nugus Guest

GPU:
    Gaming OC 2070 S
    Head into profile management and update/apply the profile.

3. Roboionator

Roboionator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI
    huh i tried again and with no success hard reset and no profile :(

4. seamen

seamen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S/ 8
    1) update
    2) apply
    3) save
    exit CRT
    reboot PC
    try so

5. Todd Sauve

Todd Sauve Guest

GPU:
    3700X / 32GB
    I have tried all of the procedures you have recommended to get CTR 1.1b7 to work but it won't load itself upon rebooting. I don't understand what the problem is. I followed your advice:
    1) update
    2) apply
    3) save
    exit CRT
    reboot PC
    try so

What is wrong? I have a Ryzen 7 3700X, and Asus TUF Gaming Plus X570 with the 2608 Bios and 32 GB of RAM and Win 10 Enterprise 64bit.

In fact, none of the CTRs have worked since the User Interface and Apply Profile change have come into effect.

6. h9dlb

h9dlb Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070
    So I finally got CTR working after numerous blue screens. However after tuning my 3600x cinebench score went from Stock 3448 to "tuned" 3206. Why did the score drop over 200 points?

7. jonske

jonske Guest

GPU:
    2080 SUPER
    I had this similar experience and had my CPU running at 1.5+ volts for like 5 minutes before I noticed. It has happened three times now and it has seriously spooked me out and could possibly cause serious damage. I have removed this tool now because of this issue. It occurred on both the beta 4 and beta 7 version of the tool.

Specs for reference
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
    ASRock B550M Pro4
    BIOS ver. P1.20 SMU ver. 46.64.00
    DRAM speed 3666 MHz

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  8. dragonalex155

dragonalex155 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I got the same issue. I've tried that exact procedure and CTR still doesn't load when rebooting. Even if I manually open CTR, I still have to go into the profile management and click update profile, and then apply it EVERY time I open my OS. I hope this gets more attention.

9. Kailin

Kailin Guest

GPU:
    3080 10gb
  10. M4xweLL

M4xweLL Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING
    you would to check path exe in task schedule...

like this -->
    upload_2020-10-24_14-6-38.png

11. varadero69

varadero69 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    When you download CTR 1.1 beta 7 and unzip it, don't put it in any supfolder, that happened to me.

12. Efreeti

Efreeti Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3Ultra
    Tried now with Beta 7, LLC on 3, enhanced accuracy enabled, I still can't get CTR to finish a complete run. Must have tried over 20 times now.

13. Kailin

Kailin Guest

GPU:
    3080 10gb
    Have you tried auto LLC like the new guide for 1.1 suggested? the old 1.0 guide is bit outdated, and some stuff has changed around, make sure you have 100% stable ram at the correct speed you want before you do the test or it will cause problem. I'm testing right now with AUTO LLC and Power Phase ULTRA instead of what everyone suggested of LLC3/Standard no restart so far step 11, will report back if it does.

want to say, I did like many successful check stability test, and couple successful "START" test, with LLC3/Extreme setting, but ymmy

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  14. Kailin

Kailin Guest

GPU:
    3080 10gb
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Test successful: https://gyazo.com/d9a4dfe90de6d01cc656acdb73bde96e
    Asus Rog Crosshair Hero 8
    3900x
    3200cl14 B-die OC to 3800cl16

Auto LLC, 100% capability, vrm switching frequency 300, T.Probe, Power Phase Extreme, SOC LLC2 120% Capability, Optimize power phase, switching frequency 400(limited by mobo) DRAM 120% capability switching frequency 300 stable 3800mhz Ram, Global C-state Enable, Power Idle Current Low current idle, CPPC Enable, CPPC Reference enable, /sz_cb/ power custom balanced power plan, like 3rd time able to do a full successful test so far after failing many times before and tweaking all my settings, but that's before I actually fine tuned my ram, now I've tuned my ram's timing, voltage and all that and redid this, I've been more successful than before. make sure you try one setting at a time and revert back and try another setting see if it helps you, don't make drastic changes so you don't know what to changes made a difference.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  15. Retard1887

Retard1887 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 8Gb
    Anyone have a problem with CR20?
    Downloaded CTR 1.1 Beta 7, Downloaded CR20 from guru3d, unzip both, dragndrop cr20 to cr20 folder, run, accept license, close cr20, run ctr - clickin start in CTR, and "CinebenchR20 not found!" error in Log screen. What im doing wrong?

16. Kailin

Kailin Guest

GPU:
    3080 10gb
    @1usmus can you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make it so were able to resize the program? I need to open the program for information, but its always way too big and I keep having to alt tab everytime I do a test man, this is very very VERY annoying that the damn thing takes over 75% of my screen and I can't move it anywhere so HWinfo is shown without having to alt tab at all. Also the only way you can move it is to drag the 1.1 BETA 7 logo, anywhere els you can't drag it, so if you lose that if your screen you're SOL, restart comp and try again.

17. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Hmm, that would be a good idea.

18. Obtimus

Obtimus Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Tuf G.OC6800xt
    I have the same issue. Bronze chip Ryzen 3600 and th blue screen of death

19. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2060 6
    Diagnostic always crashing the machine, in the 32nd step, at 1064 mV. All criterias have been met before to run CTR.

20. daghtus

daghtus Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080S, 8 GB
    Perhaps you tried this earlier but I would definitely recommend running your B-die RAM sticks at XMP at maximum. 3800 MHz is a hardcore overclock. That said, have you happened to tamper with Infinity Fabric clock? If so, I would switch it back to default settings. And just for the sake of testing, try the highest LLC settings for CTR diagnostics.