ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) - and introduction guide and download

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2020.

1. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    Hello community. Approximately in 12 hours I will post CTR 1.1 beta 5 with a few fixes.
    I also know that some CTR users have stopped running because of the trial protection period. This will also be "fixed".

This update will not affect your current profiles. It is enough to replace exe file and that is all.
    * Ryzen 3 3300X support
    * secure profile loading with OS
    * improved penalty system (some of you had problems with the final launch of Cinebench)

Thank you for your patience.

Adam Honved likes this.
  2. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    Adam Honved likes this.
  3. RooksIsFun

RooksIsFun Guest

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 1080Ti
    The diagnostics say "Temperature Limit Reached", what CPU cooler are you using, try running HWinfo64 to monitor your CPU temps. It is possible your cooler is not sitting well and the cpu is overheating.

4. Wayc0de

Wayc0de Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I used Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2

5. shazzagraz

shazzagraz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
    Works for me. Change time manually to Oct 20, launch CTR, revert Windows time back to auto and let it sync. Profile loaded and working as intended.
    Thanks for sharing.

6. Kailin

Kailin Guest

GPU:
    3080 10gb
    having lots of issue with CTR restarting everytime I try to do a test to find out the over/undervolt value, it make it past cinebench fine, but as soon as It starts the test to find out under/oc my pc just restarts, try LLC3 LLC4 optimized power, standard power, etc nothing working so far, go extreme?

Edit: LLC3/Standard worked, but only with 1.225v as reference voltage and computer didn't restart anymore, the previous I was using 1.25v as reference voltage and computer would restart everytime the test starts when I input 4350 reference frequency as suggested by the program, it always boots to 4375 or 4400 to start the test, is this normal? This is with CTR 1.1 BETA 4, I've not tried BETA 3 but I will wait for BETA 5 in 6 hours.

Edit: i've not had a successful run in like 15 trys, it always restart at a later stage of the test when the reference frequency gets too high, why does it keep testing frequency out of range? setting it to 4300 always starts the test at 4375 then boom computer restarts. same with a later test at 1.225v @ 4200 and boom restarted at 4350? CCX delta was set to 125 for these test.

I've follow all the guide, read everything, set all the setting same as guide, they are not working for me not sure why.

forgot to mention spec sorry
    Asus Rog CH8
    Ryzen 3900x
    Gskill 3200cl14 b-die 32gb ram
    EVGA 850w T2 PSU
    280mm Arctic AIO with VRM fan
    the there is nothing wrong with temp, all the test at 1.250v is at 49-50c avg. chipset fan don't even turn on while doing this, they stay off until I do stress test. VRM:32c, Chipset:53c, motherboard 29c, CPU package(dies):47-50c, CPU:steady 40c, Dims in the 40s. All this temp is with 1150 RMP intakes positive air flow, which will be swap out to 1700 RMP fan next wednesday.

Silver Sample, Almost Gold? Not sure, but I saw gold sample @ 4375 @ 1.250v
    OC Reference 4350mhz @ 1.250v
    UV Reference 4175mhz @ 1.15v
    Manual self OC 4350mhz @ 1.25v Cinebench score 7760 @ 3800mhz ram speed

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  7. seamen

seamen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S/ 8
    only works until the next reboot

8. Amir Hussaini

Amir Hussaini Guest

GPU:
    RTX2060 SUPER 8GB
    Hi, this is my first time on this games.

I try follow instruction on video for BIOS Settings before use CTR.
    Idk what's wrong, when i hit Diagnosis, BSOD appear and my machine restart.
    I revert back BIOS Settings and try again, BSOD comeback. :(

Can i know which one i miss out? Also my cooling is Stock AMD Cooler, possible can play this? :oops:

My specs are
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3500X
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING AM4
    RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-3600C18D-16GTZR 16GB (2x8GB)
    Power Supply: CM MWE BRONZE V2 600W 80PLUS BRONZE

My friend told me to play CTR because he saw me using Ryzen Master.

9. daghtus

daghtus Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080S, 8 GB
    I would not recommend AMD stock cooler for anything but stock or undervolting. But in this case, BSOD should not be caused by the cooler as the diagnostics part sets all cores to 4050 MHz and decreases voltage by 6 mV with each step. Try setting a higher LLC and increase the reference voltage a little, e.g. by 25 mV.

Amir Hussaini likes this.
  10. Kailin

Kailin Guest

GPU:
    3080 10gb
    sorry found out why, apologize for post

11. shazzagraz

shazzagraz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
    Yeah I understand that, but beta 5 comes out shortly which apparently fixes it, so for a temporary workaround it's fine in my books.

Question: once CTR has applied the settings, can't we just save the profile in Ryzen Master and set it to auto load so we don't have to rely on CTR doing it every boot?

12. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    bb.JPG

Tim24 and 1usmus like this.
  13. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    CTR 1.1 BETA 5 READY!

Adam Honved and NightWind like this.
  14. Kailin

Kailin Guest

GPU:
    3080 10gb
    please help 1usmus I can't even complete 1 successful test following your updated guide with all your preset settings. I'm able to manually OC no problem, but I can't get the program to work, my computer restarts everytime it get to a certain point in the test, really want to try out this program and get the best performance that I can. @1usmus

15. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    I believe and I would like to help but I cannot. Everything depends on each system individually.
    In your case there is a solution. After an unsuccessful experiment you open ctr_log , find the previous step (successful) and take the frequency and voltage information from it . Then you go to PROFILE MANAGEMENT and create a profile with this data. Enjoy!

daghtus likes this.

16. shazzagraz

shazzagraz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
    Replaced the .exe but it seems I've lost my profile. Going into profile manager and clicking "update profile #1" yields the below error; "Status: Wrong VID!"

upload_2020-10-22_21-33-56.png

Edit: Just going to run the diagnostic again in Beta 5 anyway, start from scratch I suppose and see how it goes.

17. seamen

seamen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S/ 8
    [QUOTE = "shazzagraz, post: 5845398, member: 283558"] Да, я понимаю это, но вскоре выходит бета 5, которая, по-видимому, исправляет это, так что в качестве временного обходного пути это нормально в моих книгах.

Вопрос: после того, как CTR применил настройки, не можем ли мы просто сохранить профиль в Ryzen Master и настроить его на автоматическую загрузку, чтобы нам не приходилось полагаться на CTR, выполняющий это при каждой загрузке? [/ QUOTE]
    well so yes, this way helps with beta 3, 4, I helped me too, thanks!

18. Kailin

Kailin Guest

GPU:
    3080 10gb
    but I can't even get past the step after diagnose, the "START" step where the program finds out about how to OC or UV. what do you mean by unsucessful experiment? Like fully complete a test and it fails to achieve from said reference? or after my computer restarts? I can't even get through 1 test without my PC restarting.

I tried with default auto ram setting 2133mhz, i tried xmp 3200, I tried stable oc ram 3600, 3800, that I tested with prime95/memtest for like 16 hours. bunch of different settings, LLC3 LLC4 LLC2 standard power, optimized, extreme. all have restart problem cpu power 100% 110% 120%.

Computer spec
    Asus Rog CH8
    3900x
    EVGA 850w T2 PSU
    Gskill F4-3200mhzCL14D-32GVK B-die ram
    window 10

@1usmus

19. seamen

seamen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S/ 8
    [QUOTE = "1usmus, post: 5845430, member: 274723"] Я верю, и я хотел бы помочь, но не могу. Все зависит от каждой системы индивидуально.
    В твоем случае выход есть. После неудачного эксперимента вы открываете ctr_log, находите предыдущий шаг (успешный) и берете из него информацию о частоте и напряжении. Затем вы переходите в УПРАВЛЕНИЕ ПРОФИЛЯМИ и создаете профиль с этими данными. Наслаждайтесь! [/ QUOTE]
    I now do this, I just put in the most successful option in my opinion, because there are options that pass the test, but do not pass prime95 and I just manually enter a successful configuration

20. Nugus

Nugus Guest

GPU:
    Gaming OC 2070 S
    With this update i am getting a blue screen telling me apc index mismatch when it is started. I could however complete the diagnostic. Honestly best release for me yet was 1.0.