GeForce 456.71 WHQL drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no GRD this week, maybe next week.

For the reporters of dark youtube streaming, send feedback requesting that the primaries and matrix coefficients be changed to BT.709, the issue is a youtube h264 regression and it is purely 100% a rolling change and youtubes fault, nothing has changed on nvidia's side.

2. sagnol

sagnol Member

GPU:
    nvidia 9400gt 1gb
    Anyone has problems watching 1080p streams on twitch? So much lag, i dont know if the problem is the nvidia driver...

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nvidia are investigating reports of this but i haven't heard about a reproduction of it yet.

4. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Completely agree, they shouldn't. My full specs are in my profile, without turning this off. After watching a couple of 4K videos for example, YouTube starts becoming extremely sluggish, from scrolling through comments, to the scroll to put volume up and down reacting late to the scroll wheel on videos. I turn it off, and I can watch multiple 4K or 8K videos without any slowdowns to YouTube's website. And this happens on both Edge & Chrome. Anyway on this driver I believe I didn't even test anymore, as immediately after installing them I switched Cuda P2 state off. You just posted the new drivers from nVidia 30 minutes ago, so with those I'm going to test YouTube on Edge & Chrome without turning Cuda P2 state off first.

6. Schmiddi

Schmiddi Member

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    Seems like every new driver brings some other problems without fixing another.
    What driver are you guys currently using? I'm still using 446.14 but I feel like Im wasting some FPS compared to the 45x.xx series

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I upgraded to 456.71 today when I upgraded to 20H2 build I have noticed my monitor no longer go to sleep and only thing I can think of that is causing this is "searchapp.exe" is always running on the gpu according to nvidia gpu activity tool. Most other apps when terminated or in suspended mode dont hit the gpu as far as i can tell.

Anyone else notice this or is monitor sleep working for you in 20H2 build of windows? I have tried 1 ~ 30m and none of them let monitor go to sleep

Hags is disable if it matter seeing it wasnt enable upon upgrade to 20H2 I just left it off

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    they changed something with the monitor sleep timer.
    issues actually been around awhile now.
    my monitor no longer goes to sleep when screen is locked.
    had to google to find work around. but I dont remember what is was.:( damn memory

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. Obsidian_Oasis

Obsidian_Oasis Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070s
    I cannot reproduce this behavior on none of our Windows 10's PCs 2004 and all of them are updated to .572.

I've search extensively for any unknown issues with 20H2 before we updated and we did not come across not even one bad review until now. All positive reviews for 20H2 update everywhere else.

10. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    451.85 currently and 441.?? before that. Every other driver in between has given me event viewer "driver crashed and recovered" errors. A few would cause Warframe to crash/lockup every 5-10 min or so.

Schmiddi likes this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

err scatch my original comments apprantly my pc controler when connected to pc keep the monitor from turning off, I wonder if xbox contoroler drivers were updated cause I had no such issue prior

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    has never happened with my xbox one pad, but it did with my mlg 360.

13. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I've been using this drivers since first day testing a lot of games, like Mafia definitive, Control, DBZ kakator, Apex legends, Heroes of the storm, No man's Sky. Also, changed monitor from LG 29WK600W(Gsync compatible working fine) to Asus Tuf VG32VQ and Gsync and HDR working as expected.

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Here something odd with NVCP "max frame rate" settings in per program profiles, I had 60 value set in global that I forgot about when I ran UserbenchMark run (GPU hit 60 only).
    So I set up a profile for it with a high 255 value, rerun test but it's still using global setting value.
    Per program max frame rate works fine in other programs, like Heaven, so the only difference is programs like Heaven are listed in the dropdown but UserbenchMark being portable needed to be added and pointed to make the profile.

Edit: Looking at the process list while UserbenchMark runs and it might be that it is because it launches a bunch of child BM processes during the test.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So now that I fiqure out my monitor isnt going to sleep when ever my ifyoo pro gaming controller is connected, which runing off xbox 360 controller for windows drivers I am left with 2 options it issue in windows 20h2 or issue in the gpu, So i gona have to wait till windows update and gpu driver updates to see if it either or. I mean nvidia driver do control part of the monitor sleep function and other half by windows. hoping its driver issue seeing another person said they had issue with monitor sleep too, For now i just live with the issue

Other then this the switch to 20h2 and 456.71 was "relatively" painless

16. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    XLR8 4060ti 16GB
    unfortunately, I did at least twice (on my configs). E.g. 750ti getting on par with 660 with newer drivers. Whilst Polaris RX are ageing better after all. (I am seeing it at friends places, 1070 vs 1060 vs 580)

17. Konquest

Konquest Guest

GPU:
    Geforce

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021