CoD/Warzone Crashes

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dk_lightning, Oct 15, 2020.

1. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    My cod has started crashing.. a lot.

Started about 7-10 days ago.

The error gives nothing on google when I search it. (0x000000014483117a). When the error comes up the game freezes for a few seconds but then the game is still running fine behind the error box but I cant just ignore it. Clicking OK closes the game back to desktop.

I have re-installed Windows 10, tried some older Nvidia Drivers all the way back to August last year.
    On my latest re-install, I have only installed battle.net, cod, icue and discord as well as windows updates and I still crash.

The crash seems random. I cant pin it down to something like a skin or a gun thats the issue but it could be.

The game was fine 7-10 days ago so something changed then. SPR release maybe? New skins.. who knows.

I have been trying to install Windows 7 on my Ryzen system to try and rule out a Windows 10 issue but not having any luck getting Windows 7 to run right on my system... which is odd as I have had it installed once before with no issues.

I have a crash dump here if someone can take a look. I am not sure what to look for in there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10n69yHxw3aZdX17qIEa6pv8QoG7lQAub/view?usp=sharing

2. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    I had a similar issue several months ago. Reloading the game and clean driver install didn't help.

For me, I updated my x570 chipset driver from AMD's site. Working flawless since then.

I know it sounds ridiculous.....

3. dk_lightning

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    I have tried a fresh install of windows with only whatever drivers windows downloads on its own and no other software and I still get the crash.

I am still going through testing my own hardware just in case there is something hinkey with it but I am fairly sure its the game and not my PC.

I just ran 4 passes of memtest with no errors as well.

4. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Kfa2 RTX 2060 6gb
    I had texture problems a while back with this game and scan and repair didn't find anything wrong so I reinstalled the whole huge 100gb game and it solved it. There might be corrupted files that go undetected. You could try to delete everything in the main folder except for the folders and let scan fix it but considering how many others have problems with this game it's probably the game and not your hardware. You could also run a chksk /f from cmd on all your drives to detect system file corruption.
    Also try to set a fixed page file i had it crashing because of this ....

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020

5. Sherm

Sherm Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super
    I am having the same issue. Game has ran fine since launch, now all of a sudden my CPU meter goes up to about 23ms response and 80-95% usage when leaving pre-game lobby to get onto plane. I am getting two different errors.

0x0000000143dc4aad 8175186 0xc0000005 modernarfare.exe and another one ending in oo2core_7_win.dll

The game literally ran as smooth as butter before this previous game ready driver from Nvidia and the most recent patch from activision.. I can't even play anymore!

Let me know if you discover a solution. I will keep researching and let you know if I find anything on my end.

6. Sherm

Sherm Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super
    Also, all crashdump text docs all show deficit for Video memory...

hr: 887a0001

hrRemovedReason: 00000000

WARNING: Memory allocation changed and was not yet taken in account

Video Memory Info:

Budget: 5787 MB

Budget (unscaled): 6809 MB

Used: 6450 MB

Used (High watermark): 6450 MB

Available: 0 MB

Deficit: 662 MB

System Video Memory Info:

Budget: 14714 MB

Budget (unscaled): 14714 MB

Used: 1222 MB

Used (High watermark): 1238 MB

Available: 13492 MB

Deficit: 0 MB

* Breadcrumbs report

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DirectX12 applications are responsible for their own memory management.

8. dk_lightning

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    So, I think I fixed it and/or found the cause and.... well its freaking odd.

Texture detail is the cause.

Set it to Normal and the game is fine, can play for hours. The SECOND I change it to High the game crashes.

But why now? Game has been fine on High since release! :(