ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) - and introduction guide and download

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Adam Honved

Adam Honved Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    1,335 insanely high? Then what can I say about my idle voltage of 1,4 volts when on factory settings?!

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    No, it's not.

waltc3 likes this.
  3. Efreeti

Efreeti Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3Ultra
    Is that after BIOS and chipset driver update? I had something similar with my 3900X and Asus X570-E but after updates it's much better.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Just to make sure I've not missed anything, version 1.1 isn't released yet right?

Adam Honved likes this.

5. daghtus

daghtus Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080S, 8 GB
    It will go out tomorrow

6. Adam Honved

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    Just to spice up our weekend ;)

7. Adam Honved

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    It's latest drivers and BIOS, Asus B550-F wifi.
    With CTR I'm at 1.2 volts constantly and temps are 20 Celsius lower than using factory settings.

8. OldTarget

OldTarget Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Hello, my experiemce with CTR so far :
    - at some point, CTR stopped working (program wasn't showing up anymore) : workarround : I moved the CTR folder to another place and "voila" CTR was lauching again.
    - when re launching, I had to re enter my settings, and I discovered something strange. CTR wasn't showing my realtime CPU frequency (displaying 0), but I was still able to edit profile and to apply new settings (I was monitoring the temp, voltage and frequency with Ryzen master). I have been able to run Cinebench close to 10000 (3950X VID 1050 4250 4250 4225 4225). But then when I restarted CTR, it properly displayed the CPU frequency/heat/etc but then Cinebench WASN'T able to complete anymore. So I closed CTR and openned Ryzen Master then run Cinebench : tada, it completes with my CTR settings.

TLDR : open CTR, set your profile, but don'T let CTR running, it makes something odd by monitoring the CPU.

9. Adam Honved

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    You shouldn't run Ryzen Master next to CTR, since CTR is using RM's API. Maybe that's why it's already having difficulties reading the frequency, because your are running the application parallel.

OldTarget likes this.
  10. Karmatron

Karmatron Guest

GPU:
    Just input the results of CTR in your BIOS and you don't have to load anything in Windows. That is of course if you can set the multiplier for each CCX separately.

OldTarget likes this.

11. Hemophilic

Hemophilic Guest

GPU:
    1660 Super 6GB
    There was a short discussion in the overclockers.net forum about safe voltages. There is a Buildzoid video on youtube where he talks about finding the max safe FIT voltage that is innate to your chip. Basically, you find the sag voltage during a long run of P95 small fft and you should be able to run that 24x7 without silicon degradation.
    So when Max(IT) is saying that's insanely high, it would be true for my chip since it drooped ~1.235 but I have no doubt that there are chips out there whose FIT says much higher safe voltage.

12. poliacido

poliacido Guest

GPU:
    RX5700 XT
    I tried with with all 3 beta versions but no matter what the first release gives me the best results... my 3600 is really bad also... the max i can get is 1.275v with CCX1 @ 4125mhz and CCX2 @ 4075
    i have a x570 tuf and also i had no luck working with the PBO there was no way to even increase the cpu even by a little step... but thanks to Yuri i managed to give the cpu a little boost :)

this is diagnostic from the beta 3, i bought it in June and i thought new batches were better cpus but that was not true for me lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  13. Efreeti

Efreeti Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3Ultra
    5 tries now and it always just resets my computer around Step 6. I hope version 1.1 helps me get through the process.

14. deep94

deep94 Guest

GPU:
    MSI rtx 2070 trio z
    In my case, vcore drops by 3%. Raising an LLC doesn't help. Is this caused by the motherboard or maybe a rather old power supply that is 10 years old ?
    The motherboard is MSI b450 mortar Max and the power supply is Corsair HX620.

Edit: even sometimes it shows 3.3%. Im getting error "Recommend to increase the level of voltage compensation(LLC). Pretty no changes between lvl 1 and lvl 8.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  15. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    During normal operation, each core will see below 1v when sleeping and as high as 1.4v-1.5v when the cores are in operation. AMD Robert says that spikes even to 1.5v are nothing to worry about. That's how the chip operates. Check out the sensor readings in HWinFo.

For CTR b3, I run LLC on the "high" setting--"auto" produces LLC far too low to assist in OC'ing I found. "High" seems right on the money--no vdroop in the diagnostics. CCX 1&2 4350MHz, CCX 3&4 4175, 1300mV. Runs anything multithreaded faster than stock PBO @ 4x scaler by ~10%...nice, while using less voltage and running cooler. I run CTR with PBO set to "auto." I am still collating...;) x570 Aorus Master.

16. Hemophilic

Hemophilic Guest

GPU:
    1660 Super 6GB
    I have the same old PSU but running a 3700x on a Asus B550 Tuf. My diagnostics were sagging greater than 2% until I bumped up to LLC4. What CPU are you running?

17. deep94

deep94 Guest

GPU:
    MSI rtx 2070 trio z
    Sorry, I forgot to write. I have a ryzen 3800x.

18. Roboionator

Roboionator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI
    Helo, CTR 1.0 show me silver cpu now I have with ctr 1.1 b3 bronze cpu hm 3950X GA master 570 bios F30 just XMP is this normal?
    after diagnostic is agen silver :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  19. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    I am clearly missing something here but I can not get CTR to run one CCX at a lower clock than the other on my 3600. IE: CCX1 @ 4.5Ghz and CCX2 @ 4.6Ghz.

Using Ryzen Master I can get 4.5Ghz on one CCX and 4.65Ghz on the other CCX with 1.375v

I assume that the vcore is uniform over all CCX's and I can not set a vcore for CCX1 and another vcore for the other CCX?

20. mannix

mannix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 ArmorOC
    The "grade" is computed upon the latest CPPC tags reported by the CPU at boot, specifically the max perf:

Code:
    Processor 15 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities:

Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (1 state(s))

Performance state type: ACPI Collaborative Processor Performance Control
    Nominal Frequency (MHz): 3900
    Maximum performance percentage: 129
    Minimum performance percentage: 56
    Minimum throttle percentage: 14
    It's not a fixed number, at each boot can be different.

Yes, we can set only one VCore voltage for all CCDs.
    Hopefully with the 5000 where you can set different speed for each core it will be possible also to finetune the CCD/CCX/Core VIDs.

It's weird you can't get the same clocks set on RM also on CTR.
    Maybe they are not stable enough, RM is not testing it.

daghtus likes this.