Intel Could Fight off AMD Ryzen 5000 just based on lower prices

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    And performance drops few weeks after reviews due to security mitigation.
    All affected from Ivy Bridge to Comet Lake with the last round of fixes that dropped on Linux and coming on Windows too.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux-59-9900k&num=1

bluedevil likes this.
  2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You missed the part where they nearly sunk AMD by using illegal tactics/bribes and probably blackmail to get companies to not use AMD products despite the fact that at the time AMD had the best CPUs in the world and Intel was selling dog crap. They lost the lawsuit when it was finally settled what must have been over a decade later, and I wouldn't be surprised if they still haven't paid. The thing is such amounts are chump change that are calculated by companies ahead of time, such lawsuits are just calculated as a part of business. When AMD failed to compete from 2006 until they released Zen 1 in 2017, that was 11 years of total control their earlier illegal tactics granted them.

Companies do crap like that all the time and just pay up when they lose lawsuits because it was worth the cost... the cost which was calculated to begin with. There needs to be hard jail time for these crimes or it will never end. We need to see CEOs, and department heads, behind bars, for literally decades. A person could steal some chump change and spend a decade in jail, but a company destroying billions worth for another company and setting the world behind who knows how long? Naw, 0 jail time. 'Murica.

I'm thoroughly convinced the world's technology is many years behind because of how far back they set AMD when they nearly killed them off then sandbagged for 11 procreating years.

Now they're going to go an entire year without having a CPU to answer AMD because of their greed and hubris in general... eat crap Intel.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    NightWind and bluedevil like this.
  3. chainy

chainy Active Member

GPU:
    970gtx
    They need to fix their temp crap so we can overclock like sandybridge and not to have to delid and crap..

4. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Kfa2 RTX 2060 6gb
    I thought they went back to soldering the ihs on the 9th an 10tj serues like they did on sandy briedge, but this is a goog point and it shows how cheap they are and how much they really care about overclocking even with their k and z bullshit.
    I think amd is greedy I mean 300 dollars for a 6 core is a lot. They would make more money overall if they lowered the prices to the level of a 3600. Their whole deal was that they could increase the yelds by using chiplet design, but now they seem to think that being on top for a change makes them the best and they forget about who actually buys their cpus. The 5000 series already has the disadvantages of being on a dead platform seeing how ddr5 is coming and so they will have to change sockets to am5 for the 6000 series.