Will ASUS not Support Series 400 Chipsets and Ryzen 5000 processors?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    You replied at the wrong person, it wasn't me who said the original quote you quoted.

2. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Okay, and what about B450 Boards?

3. DonMigs85

DonMigs85 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3070 Ventus
    I hope my B450M Pro-VDH gets an update even if they have to purge first-gen Ryzen and the APUs. Currently on a 2600

4. DZcreet

DZcreet Guest

GPU:
    evga RTX 3080 XC3
    Whats stopping Asus from making Bios/firmwares for each Ryzen generation for the 400 chipsets?

5. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Nothing.

a.JPG

6. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    AMD announced all recent Ryzen 4000g will be supported months ago & that future Ryzen 5xxx WILL BE SUPPORTED on motherboards with 400 series chip sets as of 1/2021, no later than 3rd or 4th week of January. They announced this over a month ago.
    This is old news / not news at all! This does NOT need to be debated.
    I don't know why this has come up now, but just because one tech support person said it won't have support doesn't mean it won't be supported.
    The tech support doesn't know what management plans to do because it's not being done yet. It will be done (processor models will be supported) in January.

Please ensure the motherboard you plan to purchase comes with out-of-box support for the processor you're looking at purchasing, or failing that, if the motherboard has 'BIOS FLASHBACK' feature where you don't need a processor installed to update the board via a USB stick with a new BIOS. If you already have a motherboard, please update BIOS when you get the new processor in hand, just in-case the old processor you were using no longer has support.
    Please keep a backup BIOS on a USB key in-case you download the wrong one or have file corruption and it won't boot.

Rest easy folks.

7. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    My X370 board says hey I could take a beta BIOS.