Paper launch 100%

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AlexM, Oct 7, 2020.

1. AlexM

AlexM Member

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    source is videocardz.com and are from a danish retailer. Realy sad.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    344 cards for 5.8M people scales to 450,000 cards for the Earth population of 7.8B people.

But those 344 cards are just for one single retailer, and it's hard to imagine that Proshop is the only Danish retailer who received 3080s.

10 such retailers would make it 4.5 million cards worldwide. They are selling like hotcakes :)

3. AlexM

AlexM Member

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    The fact that they ordered 8000+(3400+ customer orders) cards and got only 344, makes me think your estimations are wrong. No offence :D

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    None taken.
    Cos I am not giving any estimations. Just numbers. Danish/Proshop numbers scaled to Earth population. That's all :)

5. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Without some kind of comparable figures from previous series releases, these figures are difficult to put into perspective.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

We have numerous etailers and AIBs, some on record, some anonymously (knowing how vindictive is internet mob) saying that 3080 demand has been unprecedented, surpassing entire Black Friday traffic.

But loonies don't want to hear that :)

pharma and TheSissyOfFremont like this.
  7. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Well newegg hasnt sold a 3080 or 3090 since october 5th according to my tracker.They all got nothing.

8. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080 Black
    How the hell can a multi billion dollar company not be able to make their flagship hardware? I mean really? And we are going to let them acquire arm? They can't even make a video card.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  9. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Well get ready for the real nightmare when you can only get nvidia founders at best buy.Getting the 3070 will be almost impossible in a two weeks.

10. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    I remember the 6800s having a shortage, but this is beyond st...id...

welp, silver lining time...
    I hope I can buy a card when it's 3085, 7nm edition

11. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    for buying them online back then it was

12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The news of the switch away from samsung messes up the 30 series launch even more, the samsung 30 series are great cards lets get that out of the way first.
    Anyone still sitting on a 2080ti or looking to upgrade from whatever card should surely wait for the refresh, and this time be very aware of the bots. Next time i buy new gpu gonna first research using bots /bounce alerts, this is the time were living in now folks.
    All-in-all really bad show from the green team.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  13. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    oh yea, they completely killed and buried everything else... poor availability killed them

DannyD likes this.
  14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    If i'm still working in March and not dead by exhaustion that to me sounds like a fine time for a new card, something around the £700 mark would do.
    I could see a week before 3080 launch that my money saved for one (£770) would be better spent elsewhere, at least if i was wanting to enjoy my fortnights holiday stress free.
    I couldn't be happier with my new card (2080ti) and i'm willing to use dlss in CP2077 until march, hoping for some Witcher 3 RT news by then, damn that's gonna be sweet.
    I'm happy for all the new 30 series owners, and for those with patience to wait for 7nm, for me whenever the time is here then it's on, so March, around £700 and whatever can best do RT in the games i play.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  15. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    i just tried to buy a 2070 at best buy last night. Put in my cart and went to pay and it told me its not available in my area. I was buying in the usa and deliver in the usa, wtf. Good luck with the sh..show the 3070 is going to be.