ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) - and introduction guide and download

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Nick T

Nick T Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070S
    Jeez you peeps should be working for AMD but please stay here!!!!!!
    CTR results for my rando 3900X = +6% increase in Cine
    Cinebench = 7062 pre CTR = 7451 post CTR
    With this and the DRAM Calc anyone can be an AMD Master.

Edit:
    After BIOS tweaks
    Cinebench = 6875 BIOS tweak < 7062 BIOS default < 7521 post CTR +9.4% overall +6.5% over default

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4070 T
    The tool not work here. Get always ccx2 overclock failure. Ryzen 3100 on MSI x570.

upload_2020-10-12_7-47-3.png upload_2020-10-12_7-48-27.png

3. sakaana

sakaana Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Does anyone know how PBO should be set (Auto, Disabled)? Or doesn`t it matter at all?
    TIA!

4. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Disable pbo. There is a video (already posted) about setting up the CTR.

a.JPG

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Tim24, JCL, Undying and 1 other person like this.

5. sakaana

sakaana Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Thanks @NightWind! That info should be into the written instructions as well i believe!

6. daghtus

daghtus Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080S, 8 GB
    Though the video speaks of disabling PBO, I happen to believe it does not matter at all, since CTR sets clock speed as well as VID manually which renders PBO non-functional.

sakaana and Adam Honved like this.
  7. GaintDad

GaintDad Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super
    I ran into a real head scratcher of a problem trying to get CTR to function properly. I got a message in the log of the beta 3 release that the CPPC tags cannot be detected by the OS. All values for showing the quality of the cores in each ccx remain at 100. I have updated my bios for my Aorus x570 pro wifi to the latest, F20, and installed the latest chipset drivers. I also of course made sure I changed the requisite BIOS settings beforehand, and tried clearing the Windows log files. The only thing I could think of that might be causing this is a problem I had while installing Ryzen Master.

Upon attempting installation, it spat back a message that said "a newer version of Ryzen Master is already installed", despite never having installed any version of it before. Did some digging, and the only fix I could find for the issue was a suggestion to delete the installed program information from the Windows registry, install Ryzen Master, then restore the registry data after completed installation. This worked without a hitch, but I have a hunch that this wonky workaround is what is preventing CTR from viewing the CPPC information. Anyone have any thoughts or advice on this? I am totally stumped.

8. Adam Honved

Adam Honved Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    Did you first install CTR and then Ryzen Master?
    This is the only thing that comes into my mind which could cause it maybe.

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Open up Cinebench 20 before running CTR and get past the Acknowledge screen.

10. Rise_Kode_Works

Rise_Kode_Works New Member

GPU:
    GTX3090 or whatever
    in version 1.2 and 1.3 beta CTR software, my core quality indicator is 135 for all cores. Ryzen master ver. 2.3 shows best and second best core on each CCX so I am not sure how to nudge the CTR program to notice the quality difference in the cores, or present the information to me. 3950X all 16 cores at 135.

11. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
  12. mannix

mannix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 ArmorOC
    You have to check in the System Logs for event ID 55 from source Kernel-Processor-Power (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power).
    There should be n events where n=number of core threads.

The content should be like this:

Code:
    Processor 12 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities:

Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (2 state(s))

Performance state type: ACPI Collaborative Processor Performance Control
    Nominal Frequency (MHz): 3900
    Maximum performance percentage: 127
    Minimum performance percentage: 57
    Minimum throttle percentage: 14
    If you don't have them then this is the issue; you either are using an old BIOS or need to update/re-install the AMD chipset drivers.

13. megablue

megablue Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2060 Super
    been following the guide, I have 3900XT, Asus B550 plus tuf gaming, Corsair 3600mhz 2x16GB C18. CTR simply BSoD or crashes as soon as i press diagnostic. it seems to be started with a voltage too low for my processor since when i try the same voltage with ryzen master, it crashes/bsod as well, i am able to undervolt in Ryzen Master by upping the voltage slightly. apparently my 3900xt is pretty poorly binned. is there anyway to change the starting voltage for diagnostic mode?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  14. chaosophy

chaosophy Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 64
    Just wait for the new version, lots of updates/fixes have been listed, should be out this week some time.

daghtus likes this.
  15. Jdin

Jdin Guest

GPU:
    I will definitely wait for the new version before my continued troubleshooting why the beta 3 will not load suddenly.

thanks for the heads up on the release.

16. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Anytime. ;)

Just saw the news...

yy.JPG

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Tim24, Jdin and Adam Honved like this.
  17. Nick T

Nick T Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070S
    I crashed Prime95 twice but no issues gaming for hours. Funny the calculator can crash it but Doom Eternal is fine. Higher performance and less watts is unbelievable! gigabyte.png

18. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    tw.JPG

Tim24 and Jdin like this.
  19. Juan Gomez

Juan Gomez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8GB
    I have a Ryzen 7 3800x in a Asus TUF X570 plus (wifi) Motherboard with 32GB of RAM at 3600Mhz
    I tried CTR but my system crashes all the time. I haven't seen temp above 71c with my Corsasir Hydro H100i Platinum.
    Before trying CTR I had a Manual OC = 4 cores at 4400mhz and 4 cores at 3325Mhz. I was able to play up to 8 hours without any system crash approx. 71c.
    Now after Bios update the max I have gotten is 4325 with PBO..., Mostly runs at 4225
    I have tried to go back to my old manual OC settings, but after updating the BIOS my system crashes.

After all I still have a question: Do I have to disable PBO in BIOS for CTR to work without crashing my system?

20. sakaana

sakaana Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I asked the same question yesterday ;) PBO should be disabled. However you really should wait for 1.1 which should fix a lot of current issues.

Juan Gomez likes this.