GeForce 456.71 WHQL drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2020.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I don't know, do you have another Nvidia card to test?

2. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    I have other "no signal" issues with 456.55 driver with sleep and boot, posted in 456.55 topic, perhaps related.

3. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Installed over 456.55 clean with the clean version of this driver and played games all day on my RTX 2080 with zero issues and silky smooth game play. These are excellent drivers so far!

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the control panel package is included and sideloaded.

JonasBeckman likes this.

5. zit

zit Member

GPU:
    no

UPD
    the problem is solved. deleted the driver via DDU, and put the latest without cutting anything and without administrator rights.
    what was that?)))
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  6. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    I was having this trouble with 2080ti and several recent drivers. Now with the 3090 and the new drivers, windowed gsync is working.

@Astyanax

I find 71 a bit less stable in overclocking than 55.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    So you were running a slimmed-down version, I run the bare min (DD core, HD audio, and PhysX) w/o so far for about a 1.5 yrs.

8. fear029

fear029 Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX980 D
    These are a keeper for me for WHQL as synthetic bench scores and FPS in games are all up vs hotfix 456.71. I'd def recommend these to try. Don't bother with the 456.80 (lower scores).

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    what happen to it not alloud by MS and they want control that MS backed off from that stance

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    vendor pressure and microsoft relented.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    intesting when comes to windows MS tend be of one mind, the public is gona eat it and like it.

atlest vital part is actual part drivers now instead a redirect to the MS store I assuming it still a "separate" install entry though?

12. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Updated from 446.14 to this set and I'm very pleased so far. Performs great and runs lower temperatures in various games across the board (at least where limited frames are concerned), OC stability still there. Thank you for the reports re:sharpening, everything works as it should.

13. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Good deal! I HATE M$ Store, and the whole "store app" concept for any and everything. Now if only Realtek Audio drivers would follow along.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    realtek and nahimic have gone all in on their udch drivers.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Wait a tick, if DCH package now contains CPL doesn't that basically mean standard and DCH are virtually the same?

I guess DCH still uses UWP app control panel but standard uses legacy / Win32?

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Similar but the recommended install practice likely means the files and folders end up a bit different from each set although practically the two should be fairly identical unless NVIDIA omits anything from installing for the DCH version other than the control panel software but stuff like PhysX can be updated on it's own and Experience is a separate install too should this be desired to have.

Think Microsoft discouraged (Demanded?) not installing stuff to the Program Files folder so the driver stuff ends up in System32 and System64 possibly sub folders in addition to the general driver repository folder as before.
    Interesting to hear them relenting a bit on the packaging of software like the control panel / setting software too but I suppose it was to be expected.

EDIT: Guess that's comparable between each sets main INF come to think of it and where the process places files and what gets installed during the primary process and what is skipped though users can do installation of some of these bits as extras.
    (AMD uses System32/AMD for example for a couple of bits that would otherwise be in the Program Files folder.)

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    theres no UAP control panel, both are legacy win32 but nvidia uses a UWP wrapper and it goes in the windowsapps directory.

18. wintermutex

wintermutex Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    Getting a driver crash fairly reliably within15-20min of playing No Man's Sky on my EVGA 3080 XC3 stock clocks on this driver. Anyone else experiencing this? HAGS related? 3080 stability? Driver?

19. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I also got some crashes in NMS. Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC, 456.71, HAGS OFF. On the other hand I have no problems in GTA 5, RDR 2 and various benchmarks.

20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i'm having crashes after 2+ hrs of gaming, using latest WQHL and downclocked the core by -50mhz

anyone got a clue?!

GPU 3090 GALAX SG